The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 Top Prospects game 4 PM PST SNET

8 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

was going to note this. also Yamamoto and Vilardi look pretty good so far.. Comtois should also be considered in the top 10 this year after his stock dropped due to his teammate getting injured earlier in the year

Ya Vilardi seems to be able to create alot out of nothing.  His ability to hold onto the puck is second to none in this draft. 

I liked what I saw from Foote, Glass, and Suzuki. Chmelevski was good, worked hard too. Popugaev looked strong.

Glass and Suzuki skated very well, really showed their speed and determination.

Cody Glass reminded me a bit of a young Trevor Linden last night. He'll be a good one.

A player that has crept into my top 5 has been Elias Pettersson. My top 5 looks kind of like Hischier/Patrick, Mittelstadt, Pettersson, Liljegren. 

1 minute ago, S N Y P E R S 7 said:

I liked what I saw from Foote, Glass, and Suzuki. Chmelevski was good, worked hard too. Popugaev looked strong.

Glass and Suzuki skated very well, really showed their speed and determination.

Cody Glass reminded me a bit of a young Trevor Linden last night. He'll be a good one.

A player that has crept into my top 5 has been Elias Pettersson. My top 5 looks kind of like Hischier/Patrick, Mittelstadt, Pettersson, Liljegren. 

Granted I only watched about one period  but Foote looked super slow to me. I don't think the Canucks will be choosing a defensman with our first this year so it doest matter to me how slow or fast he is.

3 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

Granted I only watched about one period  but Foote looked super slow to me. I don't think the Canucks will be choosing a defensman with our first this year so it doest matter to me how slow or fast he is.

Mhmm. I thought he was a bit nonchalant... I mean, he didn't really force the opposition to the outside or take them in the corners, and he wasn't particularly strong along the boards. Wasn't too assertive defensively. Offensively he was pretty crafty. Needed to keep the puck in a couple times and couldn't. He's at his best when he has some free ice to work with, but he doesn't seem to create it himself. 
Also, was way too pass-first when he had shot opportunities.

Can't put too much weight on a TP game though

Archived