The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Miller is "all in."

cuporbust

18 hours ago, afan said:

My advice is you should do a research before opening your big mouth. Miller actually went down on Feb 22, 2015 playing 20:58 mins against the Islanders before being replaced by Lack when the Canucks won 4-0. Including the Islander game till the end of the season, Lack started in 22 games, got 13 wins, 7 regulation losses and 2 OT losses which means 6 games above .500 and 28 points for the Canucks The wins included games won against conference rivals, 2 against STL,1 each against SJS, ANA, LAK, ARI, WPG, NSH, most were fighting for a playoff spot with the Canucks. So each of those wins was basically a 4 point game which made it more significant.Eddie Lack was in fact the most popular Canuck at home games during that period and you could hear the frequent Eddie chant at most games.

For the season 2015-2016, Miller started in 51 games, got ONLY17 wins, 24 regulation losses and 9 OT losses that added up to 43 points while Markstrom started in 30 games, got 13 wins, 14 regulation losses and 4 OT losses which added up to 30 points. In the past 2016-2017 season, Miller started in 54 games, got ONLY 18 wins, 29 losses and 6 OT losses that added up to 40 points while Markstrom started in 23 games, got 10 wins, 11 losses and 3 OT losses that added up to 23 points. I do not know about you, but any elementary school student should immediately notice Markstrom has consistently way better  win percentage over Miller, even though Markstrom got most of the second half of back to backs which were games tougher to win for a tired Canucks team.

Only fools like you would care about how many goals Lack or Markstrom gave up in a particular game or how many spectacular saves Miller made. You call yourself Percent, somehow you do not even understand the only thing that counts is the win percentage a goalie gets.

Miller is a great goalie, there is no doubt about it. But it was before 2011, not any more after the Vancouver Olympics. It seemed the only success JB had in his career was the drafting of Miller in 1999 and he is still trying to feed on this by giving the ageing goalie another contract to take away the play time of the better goalie Markstrom. It is so sad this team has the worst GM in the league and there is this Percent fan with delusion of grandeur thinking that he can give a public lecture here.

I would argue that there is definitely more to goaltending than win %. With that logic, the Vezina would be awarded to the presidents trophy team every year. 

I also disagree with your assessmemt of Benning. I would say the LE contract was obviously a bad one, as most 6 year contracts are (although not usually in year 1), the Vey trade didn't work out but was a decent gamble at the time, the Kassian trade wasn't good but was addition by subtraction at the time. But that's about it. Dorsett was signed for a little too much and about a year too long. Sbisa was a little too much. 

Kesler trade = win

Baertschi trade = win

Granlund trade = win

Burrows trade = win

Hansen trade = win

Stetcher signing = win

Drafting has been average. 

How does this all equate to worst GM in the league?

36 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

I would argue that there is definitely more to goaltending than win %. With that logic, the Vezina would be awarded to the presidents trophy team every year. 

I also disagree with your assessmemt of Benning. I would say the LE contract was obviously a bad one, as most 6 year contracts are (although not usually in year 1), the Vey trade didn't work out but was a decent gamble at the time, the Kassian trade wasn't good but was addition by subtraction at the time. But that's about it. Dorsett was signed for a little too much and about a year too long. Sbisa was a little too much. 

Kesler trade = win

Baertschi trade = win

Granlund trade = win

Burrows trade = win

Hansen trade = win

Stetcher signing = win

Drafting has been average. 

How does this all equate to worst GM in the league?

Some ignorant fools just try to find reasons to complain out of no where. Benning gets so much unnecessary hate it's mind boggling. 

Archived