The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Songs that speak to you

nuckin_futz

• 4 weeks later...

to me, this song's about a death of a child. that's all that needs to be said. mothers day has come and gone and that was a hard day for both aj and i. very defeating

here's a facebook post i made to go along with this one, not too long ago

if i may have a moment of anyone's scrolling time. i rarely throw my hat into the crowd with my thoughts, my feelings and my doubts and fears. i guess, behind the memes, my smile is a frown

normally tab posts her stuff about liam in pages of these motivational images and quotes, and adds some of her thoughts to said images but i don't have any of those. all i have is a candle to guide me; a thousand stars lost in memory.

my story here, is the forgotten dad of the little boy santa claus forgot.

the second sunday of may: for every woman it's mother's day, but to me, it's a day i'd rather not hear, and it's a day that i'd rather not talk about.

mother's day 2016, just coming off the loss of our son, i didn't think anything of it. i just started my new job, in a new setting, starting anew in a new profession, but fast forward to 2017, and having over a year to really digest of being robbed of a child, losing that game 7 stanley cup final's game in overtime; the feeling stings to this day

why did i never speak up about it? i didn't want to burden anyone any further with all of the other deaths in my life that followed, and lament on my dead son, who i chose not to hold before we had to give him up to the powers that be until tab bought this molly bear. the molly bear is a teddy bear that's made to be of weight of a deceased child, and holding this was was a surreal moment; i'd go as far as saying that i had a ghostly encounter back in early february that kept me up all night, and had to go to work

mothers day 2017, having to go to work, with everything that i've gone through in my life, and knowing that i should have a baby boy who would be learning to walk, and maybe say his first words, is now just a teddy bear on a see saw.

No automatic alt text available.

• 2 months later...

Archived