The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Cleared Waivers] Leafs D Frank Corrado

4 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

If we're done with the Philip Larsen experiment, I'd happily take Corrado back. I'm not sure if we still have priority given it's been so long.

Similarly, he's probably an upgrade over Biega.

Not really fair to him.  Benning did the right thing by trying to get him to Utica.

Biega knew he would be the one in the pressbox when he signed.  Corrado is still trying to get his career started.  

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

If we're done with the Philip Larsen experiment, I'd happily take Corrado back. I'm not sure if we still have priority given it's been so long.

Similarly, he's probably an upgrade over Biega.

With Hutton coming back I could see larsen getting waived anyways. We won't be waiving Biega, he is Benning's expansion fodder for after he trades a Dman.

Glad to see Corrado is going to get a chance to play somewhere (well, if he clears Lamoriello better send him to the Marlies to play).  I don't see the Canucks claiming him now as he wouldn't be in the top 7 with everyone healthy and even now, putting Corrado in for Larsen or Biega is a lateral move at best, so what's the point?

12 minutes ago, mll said:

Not really fair to him.  Benning did the right thing by trying to get him to Utica.

Biega knew he would be the one in the pressbox when he signed.  Corrado is still trying to get his career started.  

Exactly.  8th defenseman is no spot for a young, developing player.

I hope he's claimed by a team that actually needs him and will give him a shot.

He qualifies as damaged goods now, I doubt he's progressed at all in Toronto, but I'd claim him at the last minute if there aren't any other takers.

Bet he's going to have a serious chip on his shoulder against the leafs.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Don't we have first dibs, because he was claimed from our putting him on waivers?

I don't think we should claim him so he can sit in our press box. Hutton is coming back and we have Biega. How brutal would that be to get claimed to sit in another teams press box and watch. I hope he gets picked up somewhere that will play him. 

Archived