The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Please be SELLERS at the deadline

garthsbutcher

8 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

Easy to overrate our prospects. Canuck fans been doing it for years.......  

Too early to assess JB picks here. I did notice you did not include Virt in your post though....

Hard to tell if Jake is the next Shawn Antoski or Bertuzzi Jr. I hope that he doesn't flame out due to sloppy handling like Gilbert Brules career did.

2 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

Sedin sedin Ericsson 

horvat sutter Hansen  grandlund 

edler tanev sbisa should be protected. trade Gudbranson 

unless edler is willing to waive. 

Grandlund is better then Baert

I wonder what we get back for an Edler Hansen trade?

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I wonder what we get back for an Edler Hansen trade?

In a season without an expansion looming a late first for each or two seconds or a good prospect plus a second for each but this year I'm not sure. Protected player for protected player are prob what most teams want. 

2 minutes ago, hateleafs said:

In a season without an expansion looming a late first for each or two seconds or a good prospect plus a second for each but this year I'm not sure. Protected player for protected player are prob what most teams want. 

Maybe we missed out on the two best deadlines (the last two)?  

16 hours ago, Alflives said:

Alf has been calling for tfading away guys at TDLs for three years with JB.  The first two TDLs and JB did nothing, allowing all our UFAs to leave for zero return.  Why should this TDL be any different?  

A lot of us feel the same as this. It's Just crazy for a franchise in rebuild retool whatever they want to spin this as to let expiring contacts leave for zero return. And it shows in the farm and on the big club. 

I don't have any faith in benning and I'm looking forward to next year about this time when instead of "scouting Europe" benning will looking for a new job. 

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Gotta be a market though, because we don't want to give away guys for next to nothing either.

It is more difficult this year than last due to the expansion draft.  All teams are facing the same challenge of who to protect/lose and along with the cap, moving vets is going to be tough. Add to that, everyone knows JB wants to protect his youth, and any deal will be difficult.

I expect JB will explore all options and he will have discussions with the players holding NTCs but in the end, it will be tough to make a trade and if we do, I wouldn't expect any huge returns. 

6 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It is more difficult this year than last due to the expansion draft.  All teams are facing the same challenge of who to protect/lose and along with the cap, moving vets is going to be tough. Add to that, everyone knows JB wants to protect his youth, and any deal will be difficult.

I expect JB will explore all options and he will have discussions with the players holding NTCs but in the end, it will be tough to make a trade and if we do, I wouldn't expect any huge returns. 

Much like the last two TDLs; explore all options, and do nothing?

6 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

What part of his handling didn't you like? 

Although I was initially in favour of him being in Vancouver last season in hindsight perhaps another yr of junior wouldn't have been the worst thing for him. Obviously as fans we don't have access to the info that his peers, coaches and mngmt do. 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Firstly his weight and fitness not being monitored last summer?

Actually i was referring to Brule, i should have mentioned his name in the post. Agree with you on conditioning though. I think a big challenge is Virts maturity level and not knowing how serious it is to be a pro.

16 hours ago, garthsbutcher said:

Burrows( can re sign him next year) Gaunce( not sure who would want him), Edler( please waive your no trade) Miller waives to a contender, Biega for anything, and in a perfect world THE TWINS taking back a bad contract ie clarkson, bolland with no more than one year term or hopefully UFA. I'd listen to offers for Hansen but it would have to be an overpayment!

Apparently there is calls on Hansen rn and if I were the canucks id listen. Apparently Montreal's has been scouting the canucks games and we all know they want Burrows. Trevor linden said he was discussing signing Miller in the off season so I doubt he goes. On reality we should trade every player over 30 for younger assets 

2 hours ago, Salacious Crumb said:

Hard to tell if Jake is the next Shawn Antoski or Bertuzzi Jr. I hope that he doesn't flame out due to sloppy handling like Gilbert Brules career did.

hahaha Antoski, brings back memories.

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Much like the last two TDLs; explore all options, and do nothing?

Quite possibly, yes. 

A move just for the sake of a move, isn't good management.

I'm all for moving vets for good picks/prospects but if the return is really low, all it does is leave a big hole in the lineup with little to no odds of improving the team in the long run.

28 minutes ago, combover said:

A lot of us feel the same as this. It's Just crazy for a franchise in rebuild retool whatever they want to spin this as to let expiring contacts leave for zero return. And it shows in the farm and on the big club. 

I don't have any faith in benning and I'm looking forward to next year about this time when instead of "scouting Europe" benning will looking for a new job. 

Although it's too late to make moves this year... teams don't want to pay for guys they'll either have to lose or protect in the expansion draft. Unless it's a major upgrade(Horvat?... probably no one else on the big squad)

40 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

It'll be interesting to see what some teams do.  Yes, you don't want to trade for a player you end up losing in the expansion draft, but I do wonder if a few teams will add players thinking that they'll only lose one player.  Either pay Vegas not to take a player or trade for a second player knowing you'll have at least one after the expansion draft.  May make sense for a team in win-now mode.

6 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It'll be interesting to see what some teams do.  Yes, you don't want to trade for a player you end up losing in the expansion draft, but I do wonder if a few teams will add players thinking that they'll only lose one player.  Either pay Vegas not to take a player or trade for a second player knowing you'll have at least one after the expansion draft.  May make sense for a team in win-now mode.

Good point about paying Vegas not o take a player.  I'm not sure how that works but I understand it is an option. Does that require Vegas to agree or does the team (I.e. Nucks) have the option?

Archived