The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Tyler Graovac (MIN)

Mackcanuck

13 hours ago, Pears said:

I'd like him, especially with his size, over Megna. I think he hits pretty often too. 

From the Utica website:

Chaput, he's a scorer.  Memorial Cup MVP

Amateur Career: Won CHL Memorial Cup in 2012 and was second on Shawinigan with 12 QMJHL postseason points. Earned Stafford Smyth Trophy as Memorial Cup MVP. Earned Ed Chynoweth Award as Memorial Cup leading scorer with 12 points (5G, 7A). Selected to All-Star Team at 2012 Memorial Cup. Finished first among Shawinigan skaters in 2011-12 regular season with 42 assists and second with 21 goals. Named alternate captain of MAINEiacs in 2010-11 and was second in goals (25) and points (59). Led Lewiston in goals (28) during 2009-10 season.

Personal Notes: Played with Troy Stecher in 2011-12 with the Penticton Vees (BCHL).

Graovac's definitely somebody the Canucks should be claiming. Big centre. Right age. And with the Canucks having a roster spot (thanks to Baertschi being placed on the IR), he's a worthy gamble. Could be an upgrade on Chaput or Skille (I'm not if Graovac can play both Centre and Wing). If he's not claimed by the Canucks, he'll be claimed by another team. No way he makes it through waivers.

That said, I do really like Chaput. I think he's underrated here. Memorial Cup MVP and Calder Cup winner. He's been pretty solid this season. It's Megna and Skille that I don't like as much. I'd rather claim Graovac and waive Megna or Skille. Preferably both and rock a Graovac - Chaput - Boucher 4th line for the rest of the season (especially once Baertschi returns). But that's just wishful thinking.

9 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

How are you so deep into fantasy hockey that you have Tyler friggin' Graovac in not one, but two, fantasy leagues ?!

people tend to undervalue guys that are 7th round picks - and he was Minnesota's best forward prospect for some time

he got an injury last year at the beginning of the season, just as he was breaking in and he hasn't seemed to progress/regain his form since.

Just now, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

6 goals in 45 games no assists.....hmmm....with 4th line minutes and possibly the worst possession player in Stewart.....sounds to me, 6 times he stole the puck and scored? Must be some skill there. I'd take a chance on this hard working kid.

actually he does have 15 takeaways and 3 giveaways, so that's a distinct possibility...

8 minutes ago, oldnews said:

actually he does have 15 takeaways and 3 giveaways, so that's a distinct possibility...

So let's get this straight....

1. Hes 23, 24 in april

2. 6'5" 212lbs WOW

3. Has the ability to take the puck and scored.

4. Defensivly has only coughed up the puck 3 times in 45 games...

Those stats sound even more like a benning type player.

5 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

1. Hes 23, 24 in april

2. 6'5" 212lbs WOW

Didn't he bury a couple against us too?

8 minutes ago, SliteriousBlackbeard said:

1. Hes 23, 24 in april

2. 6'5" 212lbs WOW

he's not a great skater though, and he doesn't necessarily use that size enough - unfortunately those are two things that make it difficult to stick in a bottom six role.

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

he's not a great skater though, and he doesn't necessarily use that size enough - unfortunately those are two things that make it difficult to stick in a bottom six role.

People look at those vitals and act that's all that matters.  I look forward to 100 comments that say, "he's big, why not?".

4 hours ago, oldnews said:

He's 23. Send him to Bo's skating coach. He was a real late pick 7th round . He is a natural late bloomer. Dave Andreychuk, Phil Esposito and Jason Allison were all considered very poor skaters in there day. All had very healthy careers, who are we to judge a player that hasn't made it to his prime and has a lot of potential.

On 13 February, 2017 at 0:33 PM, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Friedman said Lazar is on the block one day later van had 2 scouts at the sens game.... Lazar is from bc. I see no other ott player van would be looking at. 

Lazar is worse then Graovic. You'll see Lazar on waivers in the next couple years. If Hansen was going to Ottawa I'd like to see it be for Jonathan Dahlen he was who I wanted with our 2nd rounder last year (that went to Gudbranson).

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

He has more goals than most of our team. Why wouldn't you if you were Benning. Improvement on Chaput/Megna/Skille, maybe even Gaunce.

Fletcher explained that their 4th line kept on losing board battles and turning the puck over and they need their 4th line to be better defensively.  It was between him and Schroeder.  

Archived