The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is there so much hate in this world? (Story+Discussion)

ReggieBush

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I understand your point and man you and my wife sound very similar. I honestly did not know that killers religious background. I was just asking.

I apologize if I came off a bit rude. I am Catholic myself and I know good and well that there are things in the bible that are not applicable to everyday life. Heck, I disagree with many things in the bible. I have a lot of Muslim friends and when people say **** like this I get pissed off.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 12.15.01 PM.png

2 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I apologize if I came off a bit rude. I am Catholic myself and I know good and well that there are things in the bible that are not applicable to everyday life. Heck, I disagree with many things in the bible. I have a lot of Muslim friends and when people say **** like this I get pissed off.

Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 12.15.01 PM.png

The post should be reported and the user should be tossed, maybe criminally investigated.

13 minutes ago, Xbox said:

In relation to this thread I find the answer quite simple. What's wrong with this world is religion.

I don't know if I can agree. Religion gives a lot of people hope and gets them through their days.

IMO if I was running school boards, I would teach world religion from a young age. Especially with the way media is today, they always seem to paint one religion or another poorly (Right now it is Islam).

3 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I don't know if I can agree. Religion gives a lot of people hope and gets them through their days.

IMO if I was running school boards, I would teach world religion from a young age. Especially with the way media is today, they always seem to paint one religion or another poorly (Right now it is Islam).

Religion is the root of all evil.

I can't agree with the bolded. I don't think anything should be taught in schools based on faith/hope and not actual facts. Truth is no one knows what'll happen after death and schools shouldn't teach otherwise.

7 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

Well you to admit there has been many, many wars fought over religion. I hate to admit it but sadly it's true.

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Well you to admit there has been many, many wars fought over religion. I hate to admit it but sadly it's true.

Exactly what I was thinking. The only major conflicts that weren't about religion were about greed, so that would be my next answer.

6 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Religion is the root of all evil.

I can't agree with the bolded. I don't think anything should be taught in schools based on faith/hope and not actual facts. Truth is no one knows what'll happen after death and schools shouldn't teach otherwise.

As much as you are not a fan of religion (which I don't agree with, but can respect), you have to admit that it will always be a part of human life. That is the exact reason why we should teach it. To teach the young to respect other religions for what they are. To not be afraid when a woman in a Burka is walking down the street. To be able to differentiate a man that is Muslim from a man that is Sikh. 

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

As much as you are not a fan of religion (which I don't agree with, but can respect), you have to admit that it will always be a part of human life. That is the exact reason why we should teach it. To teach the young to respect other religions for what they are. To not be afraid when a woman in a Burka is walking down the street. To be able to differentiate a man that is Muslim from a man that is Sikh. 

You are correct RB.  "Ignorance is [not] strength". Orwell knew that a well rounded education was extremely important to advance society.  Teach it ALL, and let the students make their own choices.  

33 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I accept it'll always be a part of life but that doesn't mean I think it should be kept in the school system. The bolded is irrelevant if religion didn't exist and the world would be a much more peaceful place. Multiple religions (or any) don't make sense to me.

6 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

I'm not afraid of women dressed up as Darth Vader anymore than I am of the modern, protesting libtards with their same vailed faces. 

When I see a woman under a bed sheet, or a guy with his laundry piled up on his head or a nun in her ridiculous outfit, I am disgusted, not because of their identity politics and costumes, but for the human penchant for needing to be part of a herd, and in the west especially, a flock. Religion is a mental illness. No god dammed way it should be taught as anything more than superstition, ridiculed and left out in the open where it belongs. 

Region asks that that it receives respect. It makes great claims for itself, hedging its pitfalls on divine wonder, only to be revealed to you - when you die. Quite the racquet. Humans are still afraid of the dark; afraid of dying. Hate for women is born out of these stone-aged ideas. Hate for critical thinking as well. Sheep need a master, I guess. Pathetic. 

Archived