The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is there so much hate in this world? (Story+Discussion)

ReggieBush

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Are you regretting your vote last election yet?

My solace is that my riding was Conservative, so my vote didn't make a difference...but I feel dirty in principle. I feel like I contributed to the erosion of Canada's cultural fabric by supporting Trudeau's idiocy. Live and learn.

1 hour ago, Mustapha said:

My solace is that my riding was Conservative, so my vote didn't make a difference...but I feel dirty in principle. I feel like I contributed to the erosion of Canada's cultural fabric by supporting Trudeau's idiocy. Live and learn.

Most young people i know have given up voting.  Basically no choice in Canadian politics....

Corporate media now that gives zero real analysis of voter issues....  Real journalism is dead. 

People are tired of voting for the lesser of two crappy political parties.

On topic:

I believe the internet and the way people "chat' with each other has influenced our world and not always positively. Without visual cues a lot of written sentences can be read as annoying/obnoxious without the OP wanting it that way. The speed at which the web works also puts unreasonable expectations on humans to keep up. Stress builds up and boils over.

14 minutes ago, gurn said:

On topic:

I believe the internet and the way people "chat' with each other has influenced our world and not always positively. Without visual cues a lot of written sentences can be read as annoying/obnoxious without the OP wanting it that way. The speed at which the web works also puts unreasonable expectations on humans to keep up. Stress builds up and boils over.

Couple that with those who are deliberately obnoxious, regularly trying to agitate while sitting safely behind the keyboard, or those who are in such a hurry to spread something on social media without digging deeper to try to understand the truth behind the matter, and things just get increasingly more toxic out there.

Pressure from all media trying to get us to consume and obtain more than our neighbours. The amount of violence that our kids see, be it on the news or movies and video games. Have to look a certain way, be a certain weight. Belong to the right group, don't spend time learning about that other group over there, they aren't like you. Division keeps us apart.

Archived