The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Good thing about Hansen is that the pressure isn't on JB to trade him since he has another year. Would be different if he was a pending UFA.

I'm sure teams will try some low ball offers leading up to the deadline though. He's gotta stick to his guns.

As far as exposure goes in the expansion draft, he might as well be a UFA. We can't protect him without losing gran or Sven. He can be used as a rental as well. The team acquiring him just has to leave him unprotected to be rid of his contract. No way Vegas wouldn't take him. 

46 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

As far as exposure goes in the expansion draft, he might as well be a UFA. We can't protect him without losing gran or Sven. He can be used as a rental as well. The team acquiring him just has to leave him unprotected to be rid of his contract. No way Vegas wouldn't take him. 

That could be good or bad in terms of finding a trade partner. Someone might pay for the playoff rental and in terms of saving their current roster from losing any players.

The return should be better than burrows. Just need to find a playoff team with cap space and likely wanting to protect Hansen in the ED. If they can find a team or two like that then we should net an even better prospect from that team.

I am all for getting a prospect over a pick. Will be 1 or 2 years ahead in development atleast. Also like getting a prospect playing in Europe allows us to bring them to Utica sooner possibly.

possible Hansen returns?

WSH: Bowey (plus pick?)

NYR: 1st + prospect

MTL: Juulsen or Sergachev? id add a pick if Sergachev was possible

CHI: Schmaltz + 1st

you better believe there is going to be a big bidding war on Hansen after the return we got from Burrows. Benning is going to win a lot of haters over today.. I always believed in Benning!!!

2020 baby!!!

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Considering what Burrows just netted us, I think it's pretty obvious that "taking what we can get" for Hansen would be an absolutely laughable decision.

Hanzal, Eaves, Burrows, Boyle...

Overpaymemt is in the air. And Hansen is on the Hanzal end of that group.

Hansen and Virtanen for Pouliot, 1st, 3rd?

1 minute ago, EagleShield said:

Hanzal, Eaves, Burrows, Boyle...

Overpaymemt is in the air. And Hansen is on the Hanzal end of that group.

Hansen and Virtanen for Pouliot, 1st, 3rd?

i dont think pouliot has that kind of value anymore. I could be wrong but he hasnt been able to crack their lineup with all their D injuries. If we acquired him would he not need protection in the expansion draft also? Definitely dont want a prospect who needs that coming back for hansen unless they are an upgrade over a different forward of ours

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Considering what Burrows just netted us, I think it's pretty obvious that "taking what we can get" for Hansen would be an absolutely laughable decision.

What is it going to take for you to fully comprehend the Hansen situation?

If you haven't already, Google expansion draft rules. 

1 hour ago, LaBamba said:

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

I honestly think they'd take Gaunce over Hansen. If Sbisa's available, they'd grab him (unless we send a 3rd/4th/prospect etc to get them to take Gaunce instead).

Gaunce - solid young guy with size and leadership who's a very controllable RFA vs a 30+ lifer vet with an NTC and goes UFA next year, coming off an injury plagued year... I mean I loves me some Honey Badger and he's a heck of a player but that's a bit risky if I'm the LVK GM...

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

NTC

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

I could easily see him not wanting to move his family 3 times in 2 years and put VAN, WPG and 6 teams that wouldn't want him on his 8 team list.

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

No, he'd be going UFA and probably attempting to go back to VAN or WPG netting Vegas exactly nothing but 1 year of his services. Maybe MIN too.

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

I'm more concerned with us moving a D to either protect Sbisa (or move him) than the forwards.

Not so sure I agree on your order of forwards though. If I can't make moves ahead of the ED, I'd expose Hansen/trade him for the peanuts everyone wants to inexplicably move him for now.

If Baer's concussion symptoms linger, we may not have to protect him though. *Silver linings*

6 hours ago, J.R. said:

Sbisa doesn't have an NTC and if they can't re-sign, can be traded to all those teams now short of #4 D for good value. Hansen, likely not so much.

13 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

possible Hansen returns?

WSH: Bowey (plus pick?)

NYR: 1st + prospect

MTL: Juulsen or Sergachev? id add a pick if Sergachev was possible

CHI: Schmaltz + 1st

you better believe there is going to be a big bidding war on Hansen after the return we got from Burrows. Benning is going to win a lot of haters over today.. I always believed in Benning!!!

2020 baby!!!

Hate to be a downer but none of those scenarios seem likely. Hard to see any of those teams giving away grade A prospects and adding something on top of that. 

Archived