The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

I hope teams are calling about him, so many in fact that it becomes a bit of a bidding war and it does drive the price up to the point Benning can't refuse. I love me some Hansen, but he's a legit trade piece we can move and get a decent return.

5 minutes ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

lots of people might not like to hear this, but Hansen should be dealt at the trade deadline. It would allows us to protect baer and granny and avoid a situation where we lose him for nothing while bringing back an asset. its the right move for the future of the team.

We could essentially be gaining 3 assets for Hansen. Baertschi/Granlund, a prospect, and a pick. I firmly believe Hansen can get a 2nd and a prospect from a team on the cusp of being serious contenders. 

I wonder how the threat of losing players to expansion will reduce teams' activities at the TDL? Wouldn't be as concerning for teams getting rentals... but Hansen isn't a rental in terms of his contract, but losing him to Vegas could still be a possibility for some teams.

In other words, the 'value' of a non-rental player might not be as high this year as in the past.

13 minutes ago, Dral said:

I'd rather get a real gud prospect then a pick

agreed.

Dealing Hansen to a contender means a late 1st at best - which comes with odds that don't make Hansen worth dealing - i.e. a late 1st is in the 30% range odds of being a decent NHLer.

I think if a team wants Hansen, they need to pony up, at the very least, an NHL ready or near ready player who's development indicates a solid future NHLer.

A player like Alex Tuch (as Minnesota is rumoured in the market for a RW),  Vlad Kamenev, etc - and even with players like that there is risk - imo Hansen's value is higher, so arguably a mid to late pick in addition would not be unreasonable.

Archived