The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Jannik Hansen Has Presented Management With a 8 Team List

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Bobby Orr was over plus 1000.  Players get old and injury prone.  That's where Markov is now.  He WAS a very good play.  

Edler is far more injury prone than Markov.  Here's another fun fact. Markov has 10 more points in 5 fewer games. 

Not to to mention that they can wait until after the ED to re-sign him.  As of right now Montreal will protect Weber, Petry and Beaulieu. If they trade for Edler he's just end up being exposed in the ED 

17 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yea if you could bring up a stat more relevant than the +/-, that would be great. 

Bro you literally JUST quoted hits as "proof" he's tougher so I threw it back at you

it's like I'm talking to 5 year old... like, are you putting me on? Are you hungover? Or really just this unintelligent and bland?

32 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Bro you literally JUST quoted hits as "proof" he's tougher so I threw it back at you

it's like I'm talking to 5 year old... like, are you putting me on? Are you hungover? Or really just this unintelligent and bland?

Sorry, but you technically have to be "tough" to be able to throw hits like Edler does. 

7 hours ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

That's brutal news for us. Last night was a prime example of what he does best. Defensive blunder that ruins miller's shutout with 5.6 seconds left in the game and sends the game to ot.  

The sad thing is that he's done this for about 5 years now and people don't see it. 4 out of the last 5 years, he's been a minus player and let's not forget his -39 season which is a modern day record. I'm sure though that other teams really want to pay a 1st+ for a guy known through the league in 29 other cities as a giveaway/turnover machine. The type of player you can build an "accidental tank" around. 

Also a NTC is right but not the NMC that would protect him in an expansion draft.

Every Dman who has ever played the game of hockey makes mistakes. All 29 other teams would love to have Edler on their team. Look what players like Orpik get as UFA. Edler is signed to a very reasonable contract and is this teams best overall Dman. 

Edler won't be left unprotected at the expansion draft. That's a rediculous proposition. No knowledgeable hockey fan would make that suggestion. 

Plus minus stat is probably the mist irrelevant stat in hockey and you shouldn't over rely on that stat. Many knowledgeable hockey fans ignore the plus minus stat. 

5 minutes ago, Kungfudru said:

This should be in proposals but 

would we need to add to this? 

To Edm: Hansen + Tanev + Clb 2nd

To Van:  Puljujiarvi + 1st

It's a very fair trade.  Why would we gift wrap a long Cup run to the Coilers though?

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

It's a very fair trade.  Why would we gift wrap a long Cup run to the Coilers though?

I hear ya but we'll be rebuilding for a few years yet, and it would be sweet to watch JP and Bo on a line together.  We need some high powered offensive to counteract our opposition too.  We were so close to having such a young elite talent it sucks that we were bumped out of that 3rd overall spot.  Still sour about it I'm not gonna lie.  I just remember the Bure days and it was such a pleasure to watch that sort of greatness.  Wish we had that again. 

Just now, Kungfudru said:

I hear ya but we'll be rebuilding for a few years yet, and it would be sweet to watch JS and Bo on a line together.  We need some high powered offensive to counteract our opposition too.  We were so close to having such a young elite talent it sucks that we were bumped out of that 3rd overall spot.  Still sour about it I'm not gonna lie.  I just remember the Bure days and it was such a pleasure to watch that sort of greatness.  Wish we had that again. 

Loved Bure, but he was a unique player.  Maybe we win this year's draft lotto, and get Herchier?  I'd rather Tanev and Hansen, if traded, go to the east for picks.  

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Every Dman who has ever played the game of hockey makes mistakes. All 29 other teams would love to have Edler on their team. Look what players like Orpik get as UFA. Edler is signed to a very reasonable contract and is this teams best overall Dman. 

Edler won't be left unprotected at the expansion draft. That's a rediculous proposition. No knowledgeable hockey fan would make that suggestion. 

Plus minus stat is probably the mist irrelevant stat in hockey and you shouldn't over rely on that stat. Many knowledgeable hockey fans ignore the plus minus stat. 

Hockey fans might ignore it... but if you've ever played before it's a thing the defensive coach pays attention to and that the head coach might keep you out of the lineup for a game or two because of.

If Edler is worth a 1st and a prospect, pull the trigger. But if that was true I'd have to think teams would've been knocking down the door to aquire him and I haven't heard about anyone having interest in him for over 2 years. As for a NTC, I'm sure he wants to finish his career on a 16th-28th place team in the league. Even though he recently said that if the team asked him to go and made it clear he wasn't in their plans, he said he wouldn't stay on a team that didn't want him. 

Hansen for Sprong and PIT 2nd Round Pick?

Allows us to keep both Baertschi and Granlund from expansion, gives us a total of three 2nd round picks this draft (assuming Columbus gives up their 2nd rounder this year), and adds a scorer for Utica next season (assuming Boeser and Gaudette turn pro).

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Nylander is 21 may 1st.  Tanev just turned 27 Dec 20th...take Marner/Matthews/Brown out of the equation and Tanev is actually exactly in the middle of the Leafs current age.

That's like claiming Gudbranson is to old for the Canucks in a rebuild

Nylander is in the Leafs age group of their future core. Kind of how our players around Horvat's age make up our future core. Their current age as a team is redundant, what matters is what there next core will be. Topple that with Tanev's injury history then you see Nylander is clearly more valueable, especially to the Leafs.

Tanev would only be a transitional player for them. The same way Sutter is for us. Why would the give up a significant piece of their future core for a significant transitional piece?

People also seem to forget that the Leafs also have the assets to acquire a top 4 RD without giving up one of MNM. They have an abundance of youth in the system and picks still. MNM are pretty much untouchable unless you overpaid significantly. If they ever considered trading Nylander then it probably would be for a young promising defenseman that can play in the top 4 since Nylander is a young promising forward that can play in the top 6(Think Jones/Johansen type deal).

That Gudbranson comment is also pretty senseless. I don't know what you're trying to get at there.

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Nylander is in the Leafs age group of their future core. Kind of how our players around Horvat's age make up our future core. Their current age as a team is redundant, what matters is what there next core will be. Topple that with Tanev's injury history then you see Nylander is clearly more valueable, especially to the Leafs.

Tanev would only be a transitional player for them. The same way Sutter is for us. Why would the give up a significant piece of their future core for a significant transitional piece?

People also seem to forget that the Leafs also have the assets to acquire a top 4 RD without giving up one of MNM. They have an abundance of youth in the system and picks still. MNM are pretty much untouchable unless you overpaid significantly. If they ever considered trading Nylander then it probably would be for a young promising defenseman that can play in the top 4 since Nylander is a young promising forward that can play in the top 6(Think Jones/Johansen type deal).

That Gudbranson comment is also pretty senseless. I don't know what you're trying to get at there.

Teams have the best chance of winning a cup when they have star players on their rookie contracts, that is why they would trade a Nylander for Tanev. It would bring them a lot closer to winning in the now, while Matthews, Marner, Brown, and Zaitsev are all on their ELCs. 

Florida has made it known they are looking for help and are willing to give up prospect to get there.

If  JB has not talked to Talon yet, he should be . This is a business.

Florida has some high level prospects they were not prepared to deal before , but alas  today brings new opportunities.

Get it done JB

6. Henrik Borgstrom, Center
Ht/Wt: 6-3/176
2015-16: HIFK (Fin Jr.)
Drafted: 23rd overall in the first round of the 2016 draft by Florida

Florida went slightly off the board in selecting Borgstrom in the first round in Buffalo. He is a raw package of skill and has a high ceiling who can develop into a productive NHL player in the future.

He has committed to play NCAA hockey this year and needs to add some strength to his tall lean frame. He also needs to refine his defensive game, physical game and some other typical and manageable aspects. A long term project, with high upside.

offer that extra second pick Jim

On February 19, 2017 at 9:14 PM, Kungfudru said:

This should be in proposals but 

would we need to add to this? 

To Edm: Hansen + Tanev + Clb 2nd

To Van:  Puljujiarvi + 1st

HAHAHA!!

Chiarelli would be fired for making this trade.

Actually he wouldn't as ownership will never give the go ahead.

Archived