The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

14 year old Russian jr killed by his own team mates...

ShakyWalton

Unreal and senseless.....who is Janne Virtanen...any relation to Jake?

According to multiple reports the attack occurred after the players, most of which are older than the victim, learned that the young man had been promoted to the team's top line over those older players.

Given that these players are not adults, we expect that the details of this story will remain relatively unclear for some time.

Tragic news of a 14yr-old Russian Jr player being killed after a brawl with teammates in changing room.

Apparently brawl was due to 14yr-old being promoted to 1st line over older players.

32 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

There's no mention of this anywhere.

The paper that allegedly was "the source" has nothing posted on it's page related to this today, so I'm gonna go out on a limb and say "fake news"

http://www.mk.ru/news/

I sure hope it's fake news. But unfortunately since it's Russians I wouldn't put it past them doing something this sickening. 

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I sure hope it's fake news. But unfortunately since it's Russians I wouldn't put it past them doing something this sickening. 

Do you mean broadcasting such horrible "fake" news, or beating a child to death over jealousy?  On both accounts I really don't think Russians have a corner on the market.  

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Do you mean broadcasting such horrible "fake" news, or beating a child to death over jealousy?  On both accounts I really don't think Russians have a corner on the market.  

Yeah, unfortunately being horrible and making s**t up are two of those things that transcend cultures.

As someone who reads Russian news, I can say that there have been several occasions where they have posted things that aren't true (I don't read things on that specific site, but it has happened on other sites). One time there was an article about the Queen dying in her sleep, but it was actually just a hoax. My mom believed it when she first read it and I had to explain to her that the articles on Russian sites aren't always the real deal. It's embarrassing, but I guess that's how it is. Not sure about this one, though. Haven't seen anything regarding this, so it may be a hoax. It's very sad when there are hoaxes about someone's death. I hope it's not true. :(

2 hours ago, AngelicHearts said:

As someone who reads Russian news, I can say that there have been several occasions where they have posted things that aren't true (I don't read things on that specific site, but it has happened on other sites). One time there was an article about the Queen dying in her sleep, but it was actually just a hoax. My mom believed it when she first read it and I had to explain to her that the articles on Russian sites aren't always the real deal. It's embarrassing, but I guess that's how it is. Not sure about this one, though. Haven't seen anything regarding this, so it may be a hoax. It's very sad when there are hoaxes about someone's death. I hope it's not true. :(

Yeah, but there are always hoaxes about celebrity deaths. This is a much different situation. However, I do hope that it is fake for obvious reasons. 

Here is the story in Finnish......followed by a rough english transl;ation.

Hirvittävä tragedia - venäläinen jääkiekkojuniori sai kuolettavat vammat pukuhuoneessa

Maanantai 13.2.2017 klo 14.54

Venäläislehti Championat uutisoi venäläisjuniorin traagisesta kohtalosta.

Kuvituskuva.
Kuvituskuva. (AOP)

Championatin mukaan 14-vuotias Vitjazia edustava jääkiekkojuniori sai kuolettavat vammat pukuhuoneessa.

Lehti kertoo, että poika oli ollut tappelussa joukkuekaverinsa kanssa ennen lyyhistämistään huoneen lattialle. Kiista oli alkanut ketjumuutoksista.

Paikalle hälytettiin joukkueen valmentaja, joka kutsui apua, mutta poikaa ei kyetty enää pelastamaan.

Samaisessa jutussa kerrotaan silminnäkijähavannosta, jonka mukaan poika oli saanut iskun mahaansa. Toinen silminnäkijä kertoi pojan pyörtyneen ja lyöneen päänsä penkkiin.

Poika oli vain viikko ennen menehtymistään todettu terveystarkastuksessa terveeksi.

A terrible tragedy - a Russian ice hockey junior received a lethal injuries locker room

Monday 13.02.2017 at 14.54

The Russian newspaper reported on Russian Championat junior's tragic fate.
Stock Photo.
Stock Photo. (AOP)

Championatin According to a representative 14-year-old junior hockey Vitjaz received lethal injuries in the locker room.

Journal tells us that the boy had been in a fight with team-mate before lyyhistämistään room floor. The controversy had begun a chain of changes.

At the scene was called the team's coach, who called for help, but the boy was not possible anymore to save.

The same story told silminnäkijähavannosta that the boy had been impacted stomach. Another eyewitness told the boy blacked out and fulfill its head in a vice.

The boy was only a week before perishing found to be healthy health check.

SAMI CLOUDY
sami.pilvinen@iltalehti.fi

Archived