The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Toronto in on Landeskog/Duchene

Ossi Vaananen

I think TO wants to get a big bigger at forward and get some more leadership on the team, so it would be Landeskog they'd be in on if there is any truth to this report. 

I'd guess Nylander and a D prospect like Carrick for Landeskog. Maybe Leafs throw in a 3rd rounder to get it done. 

I still say Nylander and a pick for tanev is their better option, but if they want to cough up more for forwards be my guest.  Cannot see how they'd be interested in throwing them Nylander and a 1st and a prospect for Landeskog when it's more of a sidewyas move for them where as a guy like Tanev pays almost immediate dividends

Although Duchene could be highly attractive to them too

But what do I know, I am speaking from a nucks stand point and as always the moment Toronto is looking potentially playoff bound they're interested in EVERYONE

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

I still say Nylander and a pick for tanev is their better option, but if they want to cough up more for forwards be my guest.  Cannot see how they'd be interested in throwing them Nylander and a 1st and a prospect for Landeskog when it's more of a sidewyas move for them where as a guy like Tanev pays almost immediate dividends

Although Duchene could be highly attractive to them too

But what do I know, I am speaking from a nucks stand point and as always the moment Toronto is looking potentially playoff bound they're interested in EVERYONE

I think you're under-valuing Nylander, if picks are going to be moved it'll be Vancouver's along with Tanev for a trade in those parameters to work. 

2 minutes ago, Iced Canucks said:

I think you're under-valuing Nylander, if picks are going to be moved it'll be Vancouver's along with Tanev for a trade in those parameters to work. 

I think you're undervaluing Tanev, a top 10 defensive dman in the league with multiple experiences playing for Babcock who is 27 years old under a beauty contract and would almost immediately become their top RHD as well as being a Toronto native.  He might not pot a ton of points but would prevent a bunch of goals against.

A smallish 1 dimensional c/w who has already been buried on the 4th line a few times this season is not worth a top 4 or better D man.  Sure he's putting up points but he's not preventing them either.

Enter Tan Man.  The better player return in a trade almost always sides with the team giving up the defence

Okay, say if TOR and VAN make that deal (Tanev for Nylander and a 3rd, for example)

Who to protect (expansion):

F - Daniel, Henrik, Eriksson, Horvat, Sutter, Nylander, Baertschi

D - Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton or Sbisa?

G - Markstrom

So, we'd probably lose Granlund or Hansen to LV? (unless we trade Hansen at the TDL for a pick/prospect)

Is Hutton exempt?

Seems like an odd trading partners to me.?...There's no reason whatsoever for the Leafs to overpay for Duchene or Landeskog.....Bob McKenzie was on earlier saying that the price tag for either of the Av's players was insane....Also,wouldn't you think that the leafs would be utilizing their best traceable assets on acquiring a solid D.?

12 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Okay, say if TOR and VAN make that deal (Tanev for Nylander and a 3rd, for example)

Who to protect (expansion):

F - Daniel, Henrik, Eriksson, Horvat, Sutter, Nylander, Baertschi

D - Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton or Sbisa?

G - Markstrom

So, we'd probably lose Granlund or Hansen to LV? (unless we trade Hansen at the TDL for a pick/prospect)

Is Hutton exempt?

Nylander and Hutton are exempt.

Archived