The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Toronto in on Landeskog/Duchene

Ossi Vaananen

18 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Nylander + Gardiner + 1st might be enough for Lando.  But yeah, if you thought Toronto's D was bad before... plus their AHL coach says their D prospects are still "years away".  Maybe it's just Dreger wanting some Leaf "us too" out there...

Wow Lou should be fired if he made that deal. Yikes..

Got a feeling they'll trade Nylander with their love for Kadri and Marner kicking it around a point per game not to mention Mathews. Nylander is the obvious trade bait there. Could leave him as a winger or go for Landeskog to make a push now (Duchene doesn't really fit, no need for another small center).

Nylander straight up for Landeskog seems fair in my books, maybe the Avs throw in a pick as well (2nd to 4th or something).

8 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Got a feeling they'll trade Nylander with their love for Kadri and Marner kicking it around a point per game not to mention Mathews. Nylander is the obvious trade bait there. Could leave him as a winger or go for Landeskog to make a push now (Duchene doesn't really fit, no need for another small center).

Nylander straight up for Landeskog seems fair in my books, maybe the Avs throw in a pick as well (2nd to 4th or something).

You really think the Avs want another one way super soft forward?  What the Avs need is to replace ROR.

37 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I think Landeskog will cost more than Nylander straight up. TO will have to add a 2nd or 3rd and a good D prospect. 

On 2/16/2017 at 3:08 PM, bloodycanuckleheads said:

Nylander is worth way more than Tanev.  You all need to adjust your proposals.

Im not sure about that, like a lot of people here mentioned, Tanev would easily be on the Leafs top pairing with Morgan Reilly, and they would be the face of that blueline for the next 5 or so years. Nylander is just getting his feet wet, but Tanev would be the one helping the Leafs get into the playoffs and maybe even win a series

JVR to Colorado would be as intelligent as Beauchemin to Van for Hutton/Tryamkin for the same reasons.

If Sakic makes that trade he's an idiot.  He's rebuilding.  Even adding a single mid to late 1st round pick is idiocy.  

I know JVR isn't ancient but he in no way helps the Avs now or later

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

JVR to Colorado would be as intelligent as Beauchemin to Van for Hutton/Tryamkin for the same reasons.

If Sakic makes that trade he's an idiot.  He's rebuilding.  Even adding a single mid to late 1st round pick is idiocy.  

I know JVR isn't ancient but he in no way helps the Avs now or later

he's 27, his decline will begin in a season or two.

Not sure why TOR would trade to get another top 6 forward. Are they trying to build like the Oilers? They need Tanev, he would be perfect for them, and it's a bonus for Tanev as he's from Ontario. Canucks could really pressure TOR to overpay for our RHD. Hope Benning turns the screws.

Archived