The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] CALGARY FLAMES @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS | FEB.18 | 7:00PM | CBC | TSN 1040

J-23

Related image               vs.        Image result for vintage calgary flames logo

STARTING LINE UPS:

Vancouver Canucks:

Defensive Pairings
Alexander Edler 
Alexander Edler
Troy Stecher 
Troy Stecher
Luca Sbisa 
Luca Sbisa
Chris Tanev 
Chris Tanev
Ben Hutton 
Ben Hutton
Nikita Tryamkin 
Nikita Tryamkin

Goalies:

Ryan Miller

Jacob Markstrom

Calgary Flames

Defensive Pairings
Mark Giordano 
Mark Giordano
Dougie Hamilton 
Dougie Hamilton
T.J. Brodie 
T.J. Brodie
Deryk Engelland 
Deryk Engelland
Matt Bartkowski 
Matt Bartkowski
Dennis Wideman 
Dennis Wideman

Where: Rogers Arena

When: 7:00 PM

Artist Norm Williams poses with his bronze statue of Pat Quinn.

The Pat Quinn statue is installed in Toyota Plaza at Rogers Arena.

Artist Norm Williams assists with the installation of the Pat Quinn statue in Toyota Plaza at Rogers Arena.

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/five-things-about-new-pat-quinn-statue-at-rogers-arena

Five things about the Pat Quinn statue:

CAPTURING QUINN: The statue was created by Vancouver sculptor Norm Williams, who also designed the nearby statue of late Canucks coach Roger Neilson at Rogers Arena. Williams says his biggest challenge was capturing Quinn’s powerful presence. “With Quinn it was his stature and his physical size … He was the kind of guy that if he walked into a room everything would stop for a minute,” said Williams.

RUN FOR THE CUP: Williams’ statue depicts Pat Quinn behind the bench coaching the Canucks during the club’s 1994 run to the Stanley Cup Final. In his hand, Quinn is holding a roster card engraved with each player’s name from that 1994 team.

PAT’S BENCH: The public installation also includes Pat’s Bench for fans to sit and have their photos taken. The Canucks say the idea for Pat’s Bench had its origins when Quinn coached Team Canada to gold at the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City. During the 2002 Games, Quinn would often sit on a certain bench outside of Canada House and athletes from all sports would come and chat with him about anything and everything.

TEAM SPIRIT: The Canucks say the statue’s overall depiction reflects Quinn’s belief that all were part of the team, including fans, and it was created with that inclusion in mind. His legacy will also be reflected through the Pat Quinn Scholarship, which is being developed to allow hockey players and athletes to continue their pursuit of a professional degree or designation upon completion of their post-secondary education and intercollegiate athletic careers.

WHERE TO FIND IT: The statue has been installed in Toyota Plaza near Pat Quinn Way, a city street, formerly a section of Abbott Way, that was dedicated to the Hockey Hall of Famer in 2015. The Canucks say the statue is part of a legacy project created by a small group of Quinn’s former colleagues, partners, family friends and fans who wanted to create a permanent legacy of Pat Quinn’s impact on hockey and Canadians from coast to coast to coast. The City of Vancouver and the Canucks were also contributing partners in the statue’s development and installation.

Link: http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/five-things-about-new-pat-quinn-statue-at-rogers-arena

JOHNNY HOCKEY:

BASED ON A TRUE STORY.

Lockers for high schools.jpg

Johnny Hockey was tired of being small, his clothes didn't fit him, he couldn't reach his top locker, it was all going downhill that he was even demoted to the 4th line against Arizona.

billyclassbig.thumb.jpg.08f996cf35b4420365b0f9d487bbda1a.jpg

He was also the shortest kid of his graduating class. 

johnny-gaudreau-flame-on.jpg

Also, let's not forget his supermodel girlfriend did break up with him.

Untitled.jpg

He decided to take matters in his own hand, to prove that he was a tough young man. He challenged Nikita Tryamkin to a fight.

hornswogglewwe.jpg.dfdc5b4db4ac0ab8884044e64ec98a3e.jpg

He came well prepared to the fight, full of confidence and with a helmet. And that was the last time we heard of Johnny Hockey.

Moral of this story: Never mess with Tryamkin.

That pic of Johnny Hockey Gnome in drag gave me chills….

Bad chills.

I predict this game we finally see my baby Granny bag his first NHL hat trick, just in time to rub it in the Lames' faces. At the very least I'd like to see him pot a goal (but more would be better).

Canucks win 6-3, other goals by Dank, Bo, and Honey Badger.

6 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Good work with the GDT OP... I will be bringing my twin sons to witness the unveiling of  the statue of the greatest Canuck of all time, Pat Quinn as well as the game, RIP Quinn. 

You are old enough to have twin sons? For some reason I always imagined you were a teenager lol. 

Great thread @J-23 :) 

lets hope Nik has now learned to take numbers of players that play on the "line"..   and considering Ferlands late stinger the last time they met,  Nik loosens a few board screws with Ferland.

I am lucky to have watched Pat Quinn play and Coach hockey,.  I was also lucky enough to have had a chance encounter and candid chat with him about 4 years ago, where I was able to tell him, I thought he was a treasure to this City, Province and Country.

Thank-you again, for some wonderful memories Mr Quinn.

Really think the rink should be dubbed..     "The Q". 

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Great thread @J-23 :) 

lets hope Nik has now learned to take numbers of players that play on the "line"..   and considering Ferlands late stinger the last time they met,  Nik loosens a few board screws with Ferland.

I am lucky to have watched Pat Quinn play and Coach hockey,.  I was also lucky enough to have had a chance encounter and candid chat with him about 4 years ago, where I was able to tell him, I thought he was a treasure to this City, Province and Country.

Thank-you again, for some wonderful memories Mr Quinn.

Really think the rink should be dubbed..     "The Q". 

I used to run into Mr Quinn at the Slocan restaurant on Hastings and Slocan once in a while. Very cordial man a true gentleman. 

This is the season IMO. 6 points from a playoff spot. 20ish games to go. This is one of the few 4 point games left. We essentially need to play 7-3-1 hockey the rest of the way to make it in the playoffs AND a bit of luck. That starts with the Calgary game.

Fate is 100% in the Canucks hands, lets hope the stars step up to the plate. Need the Sedins, Eriksson, Edler and Miller to play well. If they do, we'll make the playoffs. If they disappear so will we. We know Bo and the young guys will bring it, now we need the veterans to provide something.

3-1 Canucks in a tight playoff-like game.

I see this very close. If we had Baertschi available I would have been more confident. 

Calgary are deeper and more physical but I actually think with the exception of the 1st line we play a faster game. Hopefully we get 100% from everyone tonight and we manage a win. 4-3 in OT  - maybe.

40 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

This is a must win. I hope the boys are ready and come out flying. We are a better team than Calgary when we play the way we can. Problem is our consistency. 

I say the boys are amped up, lead by the Sedins and horvat all the way to a statement 5-1 victory.

Daniel x 2

Granlund 

Horvat

Stecher 

I thought last game was a must win?

Archived