The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Ty Rattie and Taylor Fedun

Ossi Vaananen

1 hour ago, coryberg said:

No he is not better or equivalent to gaunce. Gaunice plays both ways, can play center and is much bigger.

As for adding scoring to Utica we would have to waive rattie again to send him down.

I dunno I love Chaput as a 4th line center.  He is a 10-15point play over 82 games.  Awesome on face offs.  Skates well and hard every shift.  Good size and plays well in the corners.  Great defensively and kills penalties.  Has excellent chemistry with Skille.  I really don't see the plug thing.  He is a very solid 4th line player.  Look 4th liners aren't 30-40 point players.  The only fault I can see is that he isn't a third or 2nd line capable player, but we aren't a top 5 team in the NHL either.

4 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

I dunno I love Chaput as a 4th line center.  He is a 10-15point play over 82 games.  Awesome on face offs.  Skates well and hard every shift.  Good size and plays well in the corners.  Great defensively and kills penalties.  Has excellent chemistry with Skille.  I really don't see the plug thing.  He is a very solid 4th line player.  Look 4th liners aren't 30-40 point players.  The only fault I can see is that he isn't a third or 2nd line capable player, but we aren't a top 5 team in the NHL either.

Chaput's a good depth player but I don't think he's a great 4th line center on a good team.  On this Canucks team, I agree he's a good option for the 4th line (although I would prefer to see Gaunce get a chance as well).  Chaput's faceoff ability and hardwork are good, but he hasn't struck me as physical enough to help down wear down other teams in limited minutes.  Perhaps if Dorsett was healthy it would be a bit different.  Although I still think Dorsett's contract is not reasonable, I have to say he is a perfect 4th liner when he's on his game and would compliment a reasonably skilled center who can win faceoffs so that the team can possess the puck and wear down the opposition.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chaput brought back in a depth role (e.g. 13th forward) who would float in and out of the line up, as needed.

7 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Chaput's a good depth player but I don't think he's a great 4th line center on a good team.  On this Canucks team, I agree he's a good option for the 4th line (although I would prefer to see Gaunce get a chance as well).  Chaput's faceoff ability and hardwork are good, but he hasn't struck me as physical enough to help down wear down other teams in limited minutes.  Perhaps if Dorsett was healthy it would be a bit different.  Although I still think Dorsett's contract is not reasonable, I have to say he is a perfect 4th liner when he's on his game and would compliment a reasonably skilled center who can win faceoffs so that the team can possess the puck and wear down the opposition.

I wouldn't mind seeing Chaput brought back in a depth role (e.g. 13th forward) who would float in and out of the line up, as needed.

I would resign Chaput and Skille.  Gaunce seems to play well with them too.  They are an excellent 4th line for many teams. They have been the best line on the ice for us many times this year.  That's a little sad but also a pretty big compliment to them.  They are solid players who have good chemistry together.  We need a 30-40 goal scoring stud and a 50 point defnseman.

dorsett is just fast and physical.  00000 technical skill or offensive awareness.  That's not good enough for me.

2 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

He seems better than or equivalent to Megna/Chaput/Gaunce/whateverplug we have at the time. His AHL numbers are solid, at least add some scoring to Utica. 

At least Megna/Chaput/Gaunce are all responsible defensively.  Rattie is a purely offensive player who can't score in the NHL.  I dare say he is actually more useless than all 3 of those players.

11 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

At least Megna/Chaput/Gaunce are all responsible defensively.  Rattie is a purely offensive player who can't score in the NHL.  I dare say he is actually more useless than all 3 of those players.

I'd like to see a pure offensive guy at least given a chance on this team. What do we have to lose at this point? Rotate him on the 4th line or something. Can we take a small step away from a low-event, non-aggressive, non-entertaining, 100% "defensively responsible" style we have now? We're 27th in GF and most  games are equivalent to watching paint dry. Give offense a chance.   

8 minutes ago, StealthNuck said:

I'd like to see a pure offensive guy at least given a chance on this team. What do we have to lose at this point? Rotate him on the 4th line or something. Can we take a small step away from a low-event, non-aggressive, non-entertaining, 100% "defensively responsible" style we have now? We're 27th in GF and most  games are equivalent to watching paint dry. Give offense a chance.   

But the thing is he isn't even good offensively in the NHL.  He does not have the skill to be good offensively.  He simply is not a good NHL player.  

He has a career 10 points in 35 games and 2 points (zero goals) in 9 games this season.  For a guy who is absolutely useless unless he is scoring, those are terrible numbers.

I'd rather give Boucher some more time to see what he is capable of.  At least he has shown that he is capable of playing like a NHL calibre player at points in his career.

6 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

But the thing is he isn't even good offensively in the NHL.  He does not have the skill to be good offensively.  He simply is not a good NHL player.  

He has a career 10 points in 35 games and 2 points (zero goals) in 9 games this season.  For a guy who is absolutely useless unless he is scoring, those are terrible numbers.

I'd rather give Boucher some more time to see what he is capable of.  At least he has shown that he is capable of playing like a NHL calibre player at points in his career.

Put him with Baertschi and Bo, see if Rattie and Baertschi can refind that elite chemistry they had in Portland. It really couldn't hurt.

Just now, Pears said:

Put him with Baertschi and Bo, see if Rattie and Baertschi can refind that elite chemistry they had in Portland. It really couldn't hurt.

That is something I hadn't considered that would make a claim a bit more reasonable.

It would probably help Rattie a bit, but I still just don't think he has what it takes

8 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Can a skilled offensive player really find his game playing 7-9min a night? 

Boucher at least got to play on average over 14min in NJD.  

On 2017-02-18 at 11:11 AM, Jägermeister said:

Rattie sucks.  I don't understand where people are seeing the appeal.

He's 24 years old now and has consistently shown that he can't cut it.  He's soft and can't skate well.  He is absolutely useless when he isn't scoring, which he struggles to do in the NHL.

He's waiver fodder for a reason.

What if we claim him and sign Whalewood to play with him

1 hour ago, mll said:

I thought if a team is lower in the standings they would have been able to claim him over the Blues - but the Blues can send him directly to the AHL which another team can't do.  

If the blues claim him and no other team does they can send him directly to the ahl. The Devils tried this with boucher but we had a claim in.

Archived