The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

18 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

They gave out plastic ones at the game? Seriously? That is so cheap of them. Talk about bait and switch. I would have assumed I was getting the true "glass" version, not a cheapo plastic one. Boo Budweiser. Boooooo.

probably too dangerous to give out glass though..  u know some idiots might throw them on the ice... :lol:

Just moved to Vancouver from the 'burbs recently and have been pondering getting an 11-game ice pack for next season. However, given the market and what the on-ice product is like, it seems more cost-effective (and also convenient) to just pick up tickets on the secondhand market whenever I am able to attend a game.

How much have last minute (like...right before puck drop or even after puck drop) uppers gone for from scalpers this year?

I see tickets on Stubhub for ~$20 USD all the time - especially for weekday games.

The cheap tickets you see on Stubhub and from scalpers at puck drop are usually the worst remaining seats so you'd need to balance the desire to pay the lowest possible price with the ability to know which games you have tickets to and getting better seats.  If you like the flexibility of deciding to go to a game at the last minute then stubhub or scalpers at the arena may be a good bet but you're taking a risk that demand stays low.  If you look at what happened for the Edmonton game over the weekend where demand was high you can easily pay twice as much for a ticket on stubhub as you would if you bought directly from the Canucks.

Those $20 seats you see on stubhub are quickly $40 Canadian once you convert the currency and add in the buyers fees that stubhub charges.

4 hours ago, thepress83 said:

The cheap tickets you see on Stubhub and from scalpers at puck drop are usually the worst remaining seats so you'd need to balance the desire to pay the lowest possible price with the ability to know which games you have tickets to and getting better seats.  If you like the flexibility of deciding to go to a game at the last minute then stubhub or scalpers at the arena may be a good bet but you're taking a risk that demand stays low.  If you look at what happened for the Edmonton game over the weekend where demand was high you can easily pay twice as much for a ticket on stubhub as you would if you bought directly from the Canucks.

Those $20 seats you see on stubhub are quickly $40 Canadian once you convert the currency and add in the buyers fees that stubhub charges.

I wouldn't want to attend an extremely desirable game like the last home game of the year. Good point about the Stubhub fees etc. 

I'm fine with the absolute worst seats. I had an 11-game ice pack in 2010-11 and the whole point was to just get in the building. RA has no bad seats imo. But, the real reason is that with so many empty seats, it's 1 period of upper bowl viewing and then 2 periods of lower bowl...even right up against the glass. Heck, I used to do this in 2010-11. Regardless of how well the team is doing, there will always be empty seats that you can snipe. Never had an issue!

49 minutes ago, kazin! said:

I wouldn't want to attend an extremely desirable game like the last home game of the year. Good point about the Stubhub fees etc. 

I'm fine with the absolute worst seats. I had an 11-game ice pack in 2010-11 and the whole point was to just get in the building. RA has no bad seats imo. But, the real reason is that with so many empty seats, it's 1 period of upper bowl viewing and then 2 periods of lower bowl...even right up against the glass. Heck, I used to do this in 2010-11. Regardless of how well the team is doing, there will always be empty seats that you can snipe. Never had an issue!

As someone who pays for decent seats to the Canucks I have an issue with knowingly sitting in seats you haven't paid for.  It's wrong to get in the door with the cheapest tickets and steal the seats you want instead of buying them.   You feeling comfortable bragging about it on the Canucks public forum in a thread full of season ticket members paying for their seats is strange; I wouldn't advertise what you're doing even if the seats are empty.

18 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

They gave out plastic ones at the game? Seriously? That is so cheap of them. Talk about bait and switch. I would have assumed I was getting the true "glass" version, not a cheapo plastic one. Boo Budweiser. Boooooo.

Safety issue ... I don't think they CAN give out "glassware", as a precaution.  

On 4/7/2017 at 11:51 PM, jovocop55 said:

most are bought by oilers fans...  i sold my four UB4 tickets a couple of days ago for $170 ea... crazy...  demands there for 4 seats..   might be the only game that actually sold out (no empty seats)..  even opener, leafs, habs and pens got loads of empty seats..

I thought the leafs, habs, and pens game all got sold out?

I am always under the impression that the seats  got sold , but people don't actually bothering showing up even with the ticket in hand  (i.e. the Anaheim game with Boser's home debut)

4 hours ago, bt116 said:

I thought the leafs, habs, and pens game all got sold out?

I am always under the impression that the seats  got sold , but people don't actually bothering showing up even with the ticket in hand  (i.e. the Anaheim game with Boser's home debut)

Still lots of tickets left up to game time on Ticketmaster for those games.  While Edmonton got nothing.  

Due to high demand for playoff tickets...the Oilers have introduced a new price category, called "Concourse Passes"

You are allowed in the building, but you will not have seats, you will not be able to see the ice surface......you can walk around the concourse, use the concessions, and watch on the tvs out there.  $80 plus fees.

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Due to high demand for playoff tickets...the Oilers have introduced a new price category, called "Concourse Passes"

You are allowed in the building, but you will not have seats, you will not be able to see the ice surface......you can walk around the concourse, use the concessions, and watch on the tvs out there.  $80 plus fees.

I guess missing the playoffs for 10 straight years will do that to ya!

7 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Sounds awful. How will they keep all those people from crowding around the entrances to try and see the ice. Or from going and sitting in empty seats. Well, one thing is for sure... there probably wont be a single empty seat in the entire arena after the 2nd period :)

Why would anyone buy an $80 ticket for the right to pay arena beer prices and watch the game on TV?  I can go to a bar for free to watch the game on TV and pay way less for my food/drinks.  This would be the equivalent of the Canucks charging a fan $80 to enter the sports bar and sit at a table without a view into the arena.  10 years without playoff hockey must have driven these fans nuts.

12 hours ago, thepress83 said:

Why would anyone buy an $80 ticket for the right to pay arena beer prices and watch the game on TV?  I can go to a bar for free to watch the game on TV and pay way less for my food/drinks.  This would be the equivalent of the Canucks charging a fan $80 to enter the sports bar and sit at a table without a view into the arena.  10 years without playoff hockey must have driven these fans nuts.

Beats me, but you gotta hand it to Oilers ownership for knowing how to squeeze every single last dollar out of their fans. There's no limit to how high Oilers prices can go... they will soon pass the Leafs and become the most expensive arena in the league. That's what Oilers fans get for standing by a junk team for 10 years.

6 hours ago, thepress83 said:

Your example of finding $50 on the ground doesn't hold up at all.  If I saw someone drop $50 I would tell them and return it.  If I stumbled across it on a street by myself with nobody else around, yes I would pick it up.  You know exactly who owns the seats you're sitting in (The Canucks) and how much you'd have to pay to the team to sit in them like all of the other fans around you.  You're strategically choosing to not pay for a product you're consuming based on your moral compass and rationalization of it being a victimless crime.  It's theft and being polite while stealing doesn't change anything.  You aren't talking about moving over 2 seats when someone doesn't show up for a game; you're talking about intentionally buying the cheapest tickets in the arena and then moving to seats priced significantly higher in the lower bowl so you can save money because you don't think you'll get caught if you ask nicely.  You have no idea if the seats you are sitting in were paid for by other fans or are available for purchase from the Canucks and as someone who's been to a lot of games this year there is a good chance empty lower bowl seats are in fact available for purchase and not no shows.  I have no doubt that other people do this as well but the fact that you would be so comfortable bragging about it publicly in a thread filled with paying season ticket members is very strange. The lack of other people sharing similar experiences tells me that most people who do this have the common sense to know it's wrong and just keep it to themselves.

That's all you needed to say. 

Archived