The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

Nikita Tryamkin has left the Canucks and gone back to the KHL - refused to sign here. What a total disaster by Benning and Linden. Good luck selling season tickets now. I can honestly say Tryamkin was probably the #1 player I was most interested in. We finally had a big hard hitting d-man who had loads of potential and our management is too incompetent to keep him. I am pretty crushed... I must say...... and the fact that this news broke from Russian media, like Canucks didn't have the BALLS to say it. I can't wait to hear the excuses that come out of their mouths.

9 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Nikita Tryamkin has left the Canucks and gone back to the KHL - refused to sign here. What a total disaster by Benning and Linden. Good luck selling season tickets now. I can honestly say Tryamkin was probably the #1 player I was most interested in. We finally had a big hard hitting d-man who had loads of potential and our management is too incompetent to keep him. I am pretty crushed... I must say...... and the fact that this news broke from Russian media, like Canucks didn't have the BALLS to say it. I can't wait to hear the excuses that come out of their mouths.

what a complete gong show.  I was shocked to find this out when listening to 1040 this morning

They better hope they get that 1st over pick now...for the sake of selling season tickets.

Greetings everyone! 

So I'm going to be a first year season ticket member this coming season! I've moved back Downtown and it just made sense. Save the cautionary tales, I've been going to games since '88 (5 years old) consistently making it to 5-10 games a year, so I'm well aware of what I'm buying into. Traveled to Calgary, Pittsburg & Southern California for away games, lived through the triumphs and... The way I figure it, one less vacation amounts to similar $$$$ figures I'd be spending for the whole season. I'm sharing the two tickets with a good friend who's in a similar position, so it makes for good company. In a way, we're fulfilling a dream.

Now's the time to do it in my mind, as the fickle market has jumped ship and the true fans are starting to come back. Hopefully it will amount to a better atmosphere... although, I'm sure we're still a few years away from righting that ship I want to be there for it. About the atmosphere, RIP DJ Dave (I'm sure he's still alive but he was let go a few years back) gone too late if you ask me, with all due respect to him. I still think we need more "hockey music in the building ie. Dallas, Anaheim etc..

On my previous statement of the rats leaving the ship- I don't blame anyone for moving on, or downgrading to halfs or ice packs. For a lot of people there's many factors that lead to that decision. Hey, It's been a difficult number of years, I've lived them, with out as much of an dollar figure investment to the team. I hope theres a seat for you guys durning the upswing. 

I'm lead to believe that will be sooner than later. With the current changing of the guard in the NHL, add to the fact of the expansion shake up, I feel we can do a quick turn around. 

Looking forward to #22 1K point (hopefully at home) and the continued emergence of the new core. I support the old core and am a firm believer that the Sedins will have a bounce back year, they will work hard, it's all they've ever done for this club. Sorry, enough with the particulars.

I just wanted to thank the contributors of this thread for keeping me in the loop. Looking forward to the games!

28 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

It's a bit of a joke to ask for a deposit before saying how much your seats will be. This organization is impressive.

Not only that but it's a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. Thanks but no thanks for me. I'll see later. Tournament is in 20 months......

5 hours ago, Curt said:

Not only that but it's a NON-REFUNDABLE deposit. Thanks but no thanks for me. I'll see later. Tournament is in 20 months......

I was thinking the same thing.  I think they will overprice based on outdated data of our market.  

I don't like this tournament even coming, it means the Canucks will have to be on the road from the xmas break for two weeks.  

9 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Anyone going for the WJC packages?

No,  I got tickets last time it was in Vancouver.   there was maybe 6 worthwhile games,  the rest were blowouts (without Canada playing) or two teams worse than WHL teams, like Denmark vs Norway.  

A total of 19 games are guaranteed to be played at Rogers Arena

The 19 game packages in Vancouver will start at $650 and include 4 round robin Team Canada games, 6 medal games including the Bronze and Gold Medal games. Full pricing will be available in June.

On 2/19/2017 at 3:41 PM, Alflives said:

Doesn't it bother fans up here that we are subsidizing, with our hard earned dollars, those southern US teams?

Apparently not at all.  Hockey is in the Canadian mindset and hundreds of thousands pay outrageous prices for season tickets to scratch that itch.  However keep in mind that if it wasn't for the corporate sector buying blocks of tickets and boxes hockey would be vastly different. 

On 2/20/2017 at 9:37 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

Too much for the cr^p we have to watch.   They MUST cut prices down to match the value of the product or I guarantee they will see a mass exodus this year.  Ticket holders are pi$$ed.  I know 15-20 season ticket holders that are MAD!

Reduce prices!  You have as much hope as going down to English Bay and willing the tide not to rise.

On 3/5/2017 at 9:13 AM, RU SERIOUS said:

I spoke to 4 of my co-workers at work who have Season tickets - most for 10-12 years - and 2 are not renewing and one is going from lower bowl II (full) to UBIII or IV Ice-pack just to keep their name in the hat for one last years.  The two who have given up are disgusted with the fact that there has been no adjustment DOWNWARDS in ticket prices despite the fact we have boring shinny hockey cr^p watching a bunch of Junior players developing.   Where is the fairness in that ??????????

I also spoke to my two seating neighbors at the games and they are really upset with the lack of acknowledgement of the fact that the cost of tickets DOES NOT = The Product.

In most business circles that is called "GOUGING".

Hope Mgmt wakes up and smells the coffee before they set prices because it's going to be a bloodbath and mass exodus this year!

Let the buyer beware.   

However fans do have the ultimate weapon at their disposal the choice not to renew if the product is unsatisfactory.  Nothing gets a bean counter or an owners attention more.

2 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

All this talk of jersey giveaways upon renewal seems like inventory reduction.  Guess a new look is waiting in the wings.

I doubt it, you never know though. Food + Jerseys are some of the most marked up things you can buy. They look like they're giving a lot of value with very little cost.

9 minutes ago, Johnny Shotgun said:

Reduce prices!  You have as much hope as going down to English Bay and willing the tide not to rise.

Supply and demand.  If the team continues to lose, the fans will continue to stop going to the games.  I know a few people that had season tickets and aren't bothering anymore.   At times, they couldn't even sell the tickets to games they weren't going to.

I would think it is a better idea to just buy tickets for games you want to go to (at a discounted rate when so many come up for sale).

Supply and demand exactly.  It's a constant to economics as gravity is to physics.   No the marketing boys will just continue to offer minor inducements to season ticket holders, create more varieties in how tickets are packaged in bundles to fans who cannot sit thru 41 home game watching poor hockey, become more creative in financing arrangements for the STH's.  Until you see the NHLPA agree to reduced salaries you will never see season ticket prices decline.

I'm surprised no banks as yet like the Bank of Nova Scotia who is keen on projecting their love of hockey have not approached the clubs allowing season ticket holders to attach payments to mortgages lumped into your PIT out of mind more palatable. Perhaps they have and each one can't figure out how it will benefit them cause that's the only way it would happen.

26 minutes ago, Bizarre said:

I doubt it, you never know though. Food + Jerseys are some of the most marked up things you can buy. They look like they're giving a lot of value with very little cost.

I agree with you.  Hockey is big in Canada so ticket prices are high lots of fans willing to fill those seats. Stateside for the most part not so much.  Two people from work went to Anaheim to watch their Oilers at 67 USD a seat.  Not sure how good the seats were but it's reasonable.  Personally I don't mind watching a game from a higher vantage you get to see the ice surface. If that's where they sat.  A company I worked for had 8 seats, 4 at each end of the arena, first row in the corner basically.  Terrible view points, play at the far end watch the big screen otherwise you see nothing, play at your end crank to the right and rise slightly in your seat to watch the play in front of the net. 

Archived