The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

308 is a great section....excellent view of the game, and less crowded than 323 across the ice.

I ended up trading 4 of my 8 seats, so I still have access to the site.  

If anyone wants me to take a look for specific seats let me know, but looks like almost all sections have several options.  Even lots of groups of 4 or more seats.

I am just killing time waiting for Flames relocation.....busy busy busy.

If you're willing to check section 307,308 to see if there is anything in row 2-3 or sections 302-304 rows 2-3 I would appreciate it.  My session is at 6:05 tonight so I know it may change but I'm curious if I even have a chance at anything good.  I'm in 307 row 10 currently but looking to move down a bit closer.

4 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

If you're willing to check section 307,308 to see if there is anything in row 2-3 or sections 302-304 rows 2-3 I would appreciate it.  My session is at 6:05 tonight so I know it may change but I'm curious if I even have a chance at anything good.  I'm in 307 row 10 currently but looking to move down a bit closer.

307 has a pair in row 3.

308 nothing low.

302 row 3 has a pair and set of 3

303 row 3 has 4 in a row

304 row 2 has a pair and row 3 has 7 in a row.....but these are all on the more expensive side of the aisle in 304...$623 more than the seats in 302 or 303

Thank-you very much for checking for me.  It's nice going into relocation with seats I would be happy to keep next season.  After only being a member for a few years 307 row 10 doesn't sound so bad, I'm only 8 seats away from 308 ha ha.

4 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

Thank-you very much for checking for me.  It's nice going into relocation with seats I would be happy to keep next season.  After only being a member for a few years 307 row 10 doesn't sound so bad, I'm only 8 seats away from 308 ha ha.

308 does have 8 seats in row 11 and a pair in row 12

The Vancouver Canucks, in conjunction with the National Hockey League, released their 2017.18 regular season schedule today. The club will begin the season at home against the Edmonton Oilers on Saturday, October 7th. This marks the 3rd time in Canucks history the team has started the regular season versus the Oilers and first since the 1992.93 season. This will also mark the fifth time the team has hosted the Oilers in their home opener and the third time in the last five seasons.

Noteworthy home games of the 2017.18 season include a rare four-game home stand versus four different Canadian clubs between October 7th and 14th (Edmonton, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Calgary). The defending Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins visit during a five-game home stand on November 4th while the NHL's newest team, the expansion Vegas Golden Knights, play their first regular season game at Rogers Arena later in the month on November 16th. December is highlighted by visits from Toronto on the 2nd and Montreal on the 19th.

The busiest day for the Canucks this season will be Tuesday with 18 games followed by Thursday with 16 and Saturday with 16. Saturday is the busiest day at home with 11 games while Sunday features a high of nine road games. The Canucks busiest month is November and March with 15 games each. The busiest home month is December with 10 games while the busiest road month is November with the Canucks playing 10 games away from Vancouver.

The Canucks will have ten back-to-back games this season, with eight series taking place on the road. This is the fewest number of back-to-back series the Canucks have had since playing in seven during the 2012.13 season. The longest home stand of the season is five games and occurs on four separate occasions (Oct. 26 - Nov. 6; Jan. 23 - Feb. 3; Feb. 28 - Mar. 9; Mar. 27 - Apr. 5). The longest road trip is seven games which takes place from January 6th to January 21st

I don't know if this is allowed to be asked, so forgive me if I'm not supposed to,

But I live on Vancouver Island,  if I were to buy season tickets to resell and then go to say 5 games myself,  would I at least break even or close to, if I sold the remaining 35 tickets or so? 

I know tickets aren't in high demand right now but it would be nice to be a season ticket holder when the team starts to do well again and they become in high demand once again.

Just a thought anyway.  Probably easier to just buy single season seats for the games I want to go to.  But then I can't brag to everyone that I'm a STH lol.

9 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

I don't know if this is allowed to be asked, so forgive me if I'm not supposed to,

But I live on Vancouver Island,  if I were to buy season tickets to resell and then go to say 5 games myself,  would I at least break even or close to, if I sold the remaining 35 tickets or so? 

I know tickets aren't in high demand right now but it would be nice to be a season ticket holder when the team starts to do well again and they become in high demand once again.

Just a thought anyway.  Probably easier to just buy single season seats for the games I want to go to.  But then I can't brag to everyone that I'm a STH lol.

You can come close to breaking even, but it depends how much you value your time. This year the Canucks have offered a free jersey (worth like $200) and also a $200 food credit. So it would be much easier to break even.

I browsed through the new schedule. It looks like we got a really great schedule (from a STH standpoint) this year. I assume it is probably to make up for next year's world juniors which will see us not get any christmas time games. This year we got Pittsburgh again on a Saturday (awesome), we have a home opener on Saturday against Edmonton and then Calgary the Saturday after which is great. We also play Chicago twice. There's 11 saturday games total which is decent. I would assume the "Marquee" games this year will be Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal and Chicago (Dec 28) just like they were last year. Here's a list of notable games at home:

Sat.Oct.07 - Edmonton (Home Opener)
Sat.Oct.14 - Calgary
Sat.Nov.04 - Pittsburgh
Thu.Nov.16 - Las Vegas
Sat.Nov.18 - St Louis
Sat.Dec.02 - Toronto
Sun.Dec.17 - Calgary
Tue.Dec.19 - Montreal
Sat.Dec.23 - St Louis
Thu.Dec.28 - Chicago
Sat.Dec.30 - Los Angeles
Thu.Feb.01 - Chicago
Sat.Feb.03 - Tampa Bay
Sat.Feb.17 - Boston
Sat.Mar 17 - San Jose
Thu.Mar.29 - Edmonton
Sat.Mar 31 - Columbus

40 minutes ago, thepress83 said:

Would you say row 11 in 308 is better than row 10 in 307 if you had the choice?

Not really that much different.  The tickets in 308 would be easier to resell.  

15 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Nobody has a crystal ball.  But over the last 2 dreadful years.......good upperbowl II, III, and IV were break even.  

3 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I browsed through the new schedule. It looks like we got a really great schedule (from a STH standpoint) this year. I assume it is probably to make up for next year's world juniors which will see us not get any christmas time games. This year we got Pittsburgh again on a Saturday (awesome), we have a home opener on Saturday against Edmonton and then Calgary the Saturday after which is great. We also play Chicago twice. There's 11 saturday games total which is decent. I would assume the "Marquee" games this year will be Pittsburgh, Toronto, Montreal and Chicago (Dec 28) just like they were last year. Here's a list of notable games at home:

Sat.Oct.07 - Edmonton (Home Opener)
Sat.Oct.14 - Calgary
Sat.Nov.04 - Pittsburgh
Thu.Nov.16 - Las Vegas
Sat.Nov.18 - St Louis
Sat.Dec.02 - Toronto
Sun.Dec.17 - Calgary
Tue.Dec.19 - Montreal
Sat.Dec.23 - St Louis
Thu.Dec.28 - Chicago
Sat.Dec.30 - Los Angeles
Thu.Feb.01 - Chicago
Sat.Feb.03 - Tampa Bay
Sat.Feb.17 - Boston
Sat.Mar 17 - San Jose
Thu.Mar.29 - Edmonton
Sat.Mar 31 - Columbus

The schedule is really good.  Vancouver actually always does in some ways.  We always get Saturday Toronto.  People in Calgary and Edmonton HATE that.

3 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

The schedule is really good.  Vancouver actually always does in some ways.  We always get Saturday Toronto.  People in Calgary and Edmonton HATE that.

Yep. Toronto on Saturday is a given. I definitely can't complain - the league for sure caters to Vancouver but it has to do with our time zone, being the only canadian team in the pacific time zone. I will say, Pittsburgh on Saturday is a huge, huge windfall. Last year the Pittsburgh game outsold Toronto. With them winning their 3rd cup I imagine demand will be at an all-time high. I am also really looking forward to the opening night against Edmonton, which will be pretty crazy as always.

Here's all 44 home games in an easy to read text file

SUN.SEP.17 @ 2:00pm - Las Vegas Golden Knights
THU.SEP.28 @ 7:00pm - Calgary Flames
SAT.SEP.30 @ 7:00pm - Edmonton Oilers

SAT.OCT.07 @ 7:00pm - Edmonton Oilers
TUE.OCT.10 @ 7:00pm - Ottawa Senators
THU.OCT.12 @ 7:00pm - Winnipeg Jets
SAT.OCT.14 @ 7:00pm - Calgary Flames
THU.OCT.26 @ 7:00pm - Washington Capitals
MON.OCT.30 @ 7:00pm - Dallas Stars

WED.NOV.01 @ 7:00pm - New Jersey Devils
SAT.NOV.04 @ 7:00pm - Pittsburgh Penguins
MON.NOV.06 @ 7:00pm - Detroit Red Wings
THU.NOV.16 @ 7:00pm - Las Vegas Golden Knights
SAT.NOV.18 @ 7:00pm - St louis Blues

SAT.DEC.02 @ 4:00pm - Toronto Maple Leafs
TUE.DEC.05 @ 7:00pm - Carolina Hurricanes
THU.DEC.07 @ 7:00pm - Philadelphia Flyers
WED.DEC.13 @ 7:00pm - Nashville Predators
FRI.DEC.15 @ 7:00pm - San Jose Sharks
SUN.DEC.17 @ 5:00pm - Calgary Flames
TUE.DEC.19 @ 7:00pm - Montreal Canadiens
SAT.DEC.23 @ 7:00pm - St Louis Blues
THU.DEC.28 @ 7:00pm - Chicago Blackhawks
SAT.DEC.30 @ 7:00pm - Los Angeles Kings

TUE.JAN.02 @ 7:00pm - Anaheim Ducks
TUE.JAN.23 @ 7:00pm - Los Angeles Kings
THU.JAN.25 @ 7:00pm - Buffalo Sabres
TUE.JAN.30 @ 7:00pm - Colorado Avalanche

THU.FEB.01 @ 7:00pm - Chicago Blackhawks
SAT.FEB.03 @ 7:00pm - Tampa Bay Lightning
WED.FEB.14 @ 7:00pm - Florida Panthers
SAT.FEB.17 @ 7:00pm - Boston Bruins
TUE.FEB.20 @ 7:00pm - Colorado Avalanche
WED.FEB.28 @ 7:00pm - New York Rangers

FRI.MAR.02 @ 7:00pm - Nashville Predators
MON.MAR.05 @ 7:00pm - New York Islanders
WED.MAR.07 @ 7:00pm - Arizona Coyotes
FRI.MAR.09 @ 7:00pm - Minnesota Wild
SAT.MAR.17 @ 7:00pm - San Jose Sharks
TUE.MAR.27 @ 7:00pm - Anaheim Ducks
THU.MAR.29 @ 7:00pm - Edmonton Oilers
SAT.MAR.31 @ 1:00pm - Columbus Blue Jackets

TUE.APR.03 @ 7:00pm - Las Vegas Golden Knights
THU.APR.05 @ 7:00pm - Arizona Coyotes

1 hour ago, BCNeil said:

Nobody has a crystal ball.  But over the last 2 dreadful years.......good upperbowl II, III, and IV were break even.  

Most of the ppl I talk to who break even are UB IV.  II and III cost too much for most games.  $40 ppl can afford to go, $60-80 is hard most nights 

I'm a little less enthusiastic about the schedule after realizing how many weekday games (Mon-Thu) there are. Last year we only had 20 games during the week. This year we have 26. Last year I found the Sunday games to be really popular. This year there's only 1 Sunday game. Last year there were 6. Too bad. Missed opportunity to get some younger families there.

Last Season:

6 = Sunday
2 = Monday
9 = Tuesday
2 = Wednesday
7 = Thursday
6 = Friday
9 = Saturday

This Season:

1 = Sunday
3 = Monday
9 = Tuesday
5 = Wednesday
9 = Thursday
3 = Friday
11 = Saturday

3 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Most of the ppl I talk to who break even are UB IV.  II and III cost too much for most games.  $40 ppl can afford to go, $60-80 is hard most nights 

Agree. I had UBIV last year and broke even. I was able to resell something like 35 games. I am happy with that. I can attend +/- 10 games a season at season ticket holder price.

Archived