dsedinfan22

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

I went to almost every home game this year. The average price I paid outside the arena was 30 bucks and a lot of the time they were lower bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So renewal never happened, or looks delayed. I wonder if the Canucks are revising their prices last minute? That's the only thing I can think of. My guess would be they are going to lower prices either overall or in some sections. This is because they have clearly embraced a "rebuild" and sold off players, and Trevor Linden also said that the Canucks will NOT be participating in the free agent market, which means they may not even spend to the cap anymore. Lower Bowl tickets in particular need a huge price decrease, including Clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So renewal never happened, or looks delayed. I wonder if the Canucks are revising their prices last minute? That's the only thing I can think of. My guess would be they are going to lower prices either overall or in some sections. This is because they have clearly embraced a "rebuild" and sold off players, and Trevor Linden also said that the Canucks will NOT be participating in the free agent market, which means they may not even spend to the cap anymore. Lower Bowl tickets in particular need a huge price decrease, including Clubs.

ive talked to different reps at games , heard new price caterogires , renewels in a few weeks , i have a feeling it will be sometime this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

ive talked to different reps at games , heard new price caterogires , renewels in a few weeks , i have a feeling it will be sometime this week

I spoke to 4 of my co-workers at work who have Season tickets - most for 10-12 years - and 2 are not renewing and one is going from lower bowl II (full) to UBIII or IV Ice-pack just to keep their name in the hat for one last years.  The two who have given up are disgusted with the fact that there has been no adjustment DOWNWARDS in ticket prices despite the fact we have boring shinny hockey cr^p watching a bunch of Junior players developing.   Where is the fairness in that ??????????

 

I also spoke to my two seating neighbors at the games and they are really upset with the lack of acknowledgement of the fact that the cost of tickets DOES NOT = The Product.

 

In most business circles that is called "GOUGING".

 

Hope Mgmt wakes up and smells the coffee before they set prices because it's going to be a bloodbath and mass exodus this year!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are going to say...

"We appreciate your loyalty, and with that will be freezing the prices for the upcoming season" (paying same since 2013-2014 season)

"Introducing lower price points in the non-alcoholic sections" (Just a guess lol)

"Continuation of hard copy tickets"  (Was supposed to go all digital starting with the 2016 season)

"Waved the $5 per seat, per month fee when paying monthly" (read something that the fee was there because somebody had to type in the credit card #)

"Pay less for one preseason game" (Supposed to be playing exhibition games in China)

 

So like the Liberal 2017 platform paying us back with our own money.

 

Also should let us know the variable pricing once the schedule comes out (start selling tickets to my friends once it does and don't know what to charge them because games are different prices than the flat rate I pay) and access to NHL TicketExchange in the summer.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, gong_8 said:

They are going to say...

"We appreciate your loyalty, and with that will be freezing the prices for the upcoming season" (paying same since 2013-2014 season)

"Introducing lower price points in the non-alcoholic sections" (Just a guess lol)

"Continuation of hard copy tickets"  (Was supposed to go all digital starting with the 2016 season)

"Waved the $5 per seat, per month fee when paying monthly" (read something that the fee was there because somebody had to type in the credit card #)

"Pay less for one preseason game" (Supposed to be playing exhibition games in China)

 

So like the Liberal 2017 platform paying us back with our own money.

 

Also should let us know the variable pricing once the schedule comes out (start selling tickets to my friends once it does and don't know what to charge them because games are different prices than the flat rate I pay) and access to NHL TicketExchange in the summer.

Jolly-Gees Batman  - that's almost sounds like the "deal of the century".  If they make the move back to "SISSY-CUP Lids" on the beer glasses - I'm in!    That's a swell deal.  They sure know how to make it hard for us to leave Batman!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So renewal never happened, or looks delayed. I wonder if the Canucks are revising their prices last minute? That's the only thing I can think of. My guess would be they are going to lower prices either overall or in some sections. This is because they have clearly embraced a "rebuild" and sold off players, and Trevor Linden also said that the Canucks will NOT be participating in the free agent market, which means they may not even spend to the cap anymore. Lower Bowl tickets in particular need a huge price decrease, including Clubs.

Or they are just slow, like they are at everything else....seat relocation night.....loading tickets to account manager....getting their ticket exchange running.

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Or they are just slow, like they are at everything else....seat relocation night.....loading tickets to account manager....getting their ticket exchange running.

 

 

They definitely wanted to get a head start on single tickets by waiting till a day before the preseason started to give you access to NHL TicketExchange.  Also kept all their emails and didn't find out about variable pricing for specific games until mid September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, gong_8 said:

They are going to say...

"We appreciate your loyalty, and with that will be freezing the prices for the upcoming season" (paying same since 2013-2014 season)

"Introducing lower price points in the non-alcoholic sections" (Just a guess lol)

"Continuation of hard copy tickets"  (Was supposed to go all digital starting with the 2016 season)

"Waved the $5 per seat, per month fee when paying monthly" (read something that the fee was there because somebody had to type in the credit card #)

"Pay less for one preseason game" (Supposed to be playing exhibition games in China)

 

So like the Liberal 2017 platform paying us back with our own money.

 

Also should let us know the variable pricing once the schedule comes out (start selling tickets to my friends once it does and don't know what to charge them because games are different prices than the flat rate I pay) and access to NHL TicketExchange in the summer.

Well said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Or they are just slow, like they are at everything else....seat relocation night.....loading tickets to account manager....getting their ticket exchange running.

 

 

I still don't have a rep............ or at least, he hasn't introduced himself to me. Still waiting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jovocop55 said:

Unless they lower season tickets prices, I don't see many renewing.  

15-17 K spending top dollar is more money than 18.5 k spending less. In other words, they won't lower prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping there is a bonus like they did last year with tickets to a Canucks game this season for renewal regardless of the big prize.  I know I'll never win the trip and if that's the only thing being offered I can take my time renewing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, thepress83 said:

I'm hoping there is a bonus like they did last year with tickets to a Canucks game this season for renewal regardless of the big prize.  I know I'll never win the trip and if that's the only thing being offered I can take my time renewing.

i want the free tickets also to a game , not every day lots of us can afford lower bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canucks just sent out a "March Member Update" email. Thought it would contain renewal info, but nothing about renewals mentioned. They must be cooking something up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New security procedures, I like how that is at the top of their member update and no mention of the trades or young prospects they're brining in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gong_8 said:

Probably will be announced when they go on a winning streak.

I think we're way past that. No no, the renewal e-mail sent out will be the classic "bright future to look forward to". They will remind us that we have guys like Juolevi, Boeser, Demko, Dahlen & Goldobin in the "pipes" and ready to come up. Then they will say that the first 500 people to renew get a free pair of club seats to a game. Then apparently we will all smash our keyboards frantically trying to renew as quickly as possible (Well, maybe just @BCNeil lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-03-07 at 2:48 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

Canucks just sent out a "March Member Update" email. Thought it would contain renewal info, but nothing about renewals mentioned. They must be cooking something up.

Yeah I went back and read my email again tonight and basically just said to get ready for renewal and familiarize yourself with the portal. They have to be cooking up something. I have a friend who has taken around 20-30 games a year for their  company but they may upgrade they other set to lowers and not share with me so I have kind of a dilemma cause we just moved to great seats this year and don't wanna give them up. May have to just try and sell some games in bunches at face value or something so I can keep or trade with the person next to me and take 4 to a bunch of games. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.