The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

6 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Anyone going to grab season tickets for the Seattle team?

Due to unfortunate circumstances I had to cancel my purchase of Vegas season tickets. I’ll definitely look into securing a pair of seats for the Seattle franchise. It’s gonna be a great rivalry, and I like the idea of having double the opportunity of seeing some of my other favorite teams.

16 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Anyone going to grab season tickets for the Seattle team?

I will almost certainly pick up at least a pair of season tickets just to become a season ticket holder. Seattle is a pretty crazy City and I think that they will adopt the NHL team big time as long as it is a competitive team which it should be thanks to the favorable Draft rules.

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I will almost certainly pick up at least a pair of season tickets just to become a season ticket holder. Seattle is a pretty crazy City and I think that they will adopt the NHL team big time as long as it is a competitive team which it should be thanks to the favorable Draft rules.

Tempted to get a pair as well.  Any word on when they go on sale?  

54 minutes ago, bt116 said:

Tempted to get a pair as well.  Any word on when they go on sale?  

I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking deposits this summer.  Vegas started taking deposits way before the team was officially happening.

Just wonder what they are going to be pricing at.  With a $650m expansion fee, maybe the cheapest seats will be $70US.

25 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they start taking deposits this summer.  Vegas started taking deposits way before the team was officially happening.

Just wonder what they are going to be pricing at.  With a $650m expansion fee, maybe the cheapest seats will be $70US.

That would be really expensive. I expect the cheapest seats to be under $50 US. They can always raise them later if the team does good. But they need to get a full stadium, so they cant overprice themselves.

Well, so much for this season. Can't even give away tickets again. Since we lost Horvat, Sutter (and now Tanev) no one cares again.

Tickets to tonight's game against San Jose are the lowest I've ever seen priced for a Friday game. No interest.

I think it's also time to accept playoffs are pretty much out of the question. All I can think of is... the Sedins deserved better.

Best tip I can give is try Craiglist. People are presently looking for Christmas gifts, they want hard copies, they can't get that on Stubhub or Ticket Exchange. They don't want to give soft copies. I sold 6 games this week. They were all Christmas gifts. I sold for face value plus a few bucks extra. It's more work, back and forth texting and emailing but at least you can get rid of some games.

1 hour ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Well, so much for this season. Can't even give away tickets again. Since we lost Horvat, Sutter (and now Tanev) no one cares again.

Tickets to tonight's game against San Jose are the lowest I've ever seen priced for a Friday game. No interest.

I think it's also time to accept playoffs are pretty much out of the question. All I can think of is... the Sedins deserved better.

absolutely brutal.  Doesn't look like the Flames game Sunday will sell either

9 minutes ago, bt116 said:

absolutely brutal.  Doesn't look like the Flames game Sunday will sell either

Yep, Flames game is a dud too. And I bought extra tickets for it during the pre-sale at the beginning of the season :( I don't think Flames fans are very happy with their team either. Frankly it looks like the Flames, Oilers and Canucks are all going to miss the playoffs this year.

Canucks should be very worried if they can't turn this team around. This is the 1st year in a long time where attendance is in the bottom 50% of the league. And if the Canucks tank hard this year before season ticket renewals, then next year it will be even worse.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Canucks are currently sitting at 93.4% attendance at home, which is really, really bad. That includes tickets given away to charities, and it also was mostly games when the Canucks were in the playoff hunt. Just imagine how low that number will be by the end of the year? Could be 88-89%.

51 minutes ago, Curt said:

Best tip I can give is try Craiglist. People are presently looking for Christmas gifts, they want hard copies, they can't get that on Stubhub or Ticket Exchange. They don't want to give soft copies. I sold 6 games this week. They were all Christmas gifts. I sold for face value plus a few bucks extra. It's more work, back and forth texting and emailing but at least you can get rid of some games.

It depends how much you value your time. I have done the craigslist thing but frankly I'd rather just sell for $20 less on stubhub and move on. I have thought about listing some games "hard copy" on stubhub though, during Christmas time... for the reasons you mentioned. Seems like people really do want hard copies in those situations.

3 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

It depends how much you value your time. I have done the craigslist thing but frankly I'd rather just sell for $20 less on stubhub and move on. I have thought about listing some games "hard copy" on stubhub though, during Christmas time... for the reasons you mentioned. Seems like people really do want hard copies in those situations.

I agree that the back and forth texting can drive you nuts sometimes but my kids no longer live at home. I'm working during the day. My wife works during the night. Let's say that I have a lot of spare time. :) I enjoy managing my season tickets with the Canucks, the Seahawks and the Bills. It's like a hobby for me. :)

Looks like the all the Canucks listings on Stubhub are currently listed for 8% less than the seller's posted price.  

I confirmed with the Stubhub customer service rep and its an ongoing promo.  The seller's payout remains the same, and is unaffected by the discounted listing price.  The discounted prices are only shown on the desktop and mobile browser, and not showing on the stubhub smartphone app

Archived