The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

My tickets in 308, row 11 goes from $64.58 to $68.77.  First raise in 4 years.  I remember when I got them in 2001 it was about $43.

Glad to see that full season pays less than half season and ice pak.

They should do like the Seahawks (prior to 2009 and after 2009) and older season tickets holders pay less than new season ticket holders.

They should tell us what the price structure for each game is in June and not September.

They should let us start selling our tickets on NHL TicketExchange in the summer.

I would settle for #2

2 hours ago, Curt said:

I got an email from the Canucks saying thank you for renewing and telling me how to claim my jersey. I am all set. 

i wonder if there is a limit given out on the jersey..   like first 2000 renewals etc...

With the huge drop in the Canadian dollar over the last 2 years I really can't blame the Canucks for raising prices for a few sections a bit and the jersey and food credit eases the blow a lot for me.  The drop in lower bowl prices is also welcome.

15 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

4.2% increase - Club Row 1 - $213.40 - $204.74
4.1% increase - Club Centre - $202.27 - $194.25
0.8% decrease - Club Perimeter - $192.66 - $194.25

1.9% increase - LB1 Row 1 - $165.86 - $162.75
4.3% increase - LB1 Centre - $158.78 - $152.25
2.3% increase - LB1 Perimeter - $155.71 - $152.25

8.5% increase - LB2 Offensive Perimeter - $130.47 - $120.23
3.5% increase - LB2 Offensive Row 1 - $130.47 - $126.00
1.8% increase - LB2 Offensive Low Ends / High Corners - $122.38 - $120.23
2.4% decrease - LB2 Offensive High Ends / Low Corners - $117.32 - $120.23
6.0% decrease - LB2 Offensive High Endzone $109.73 - $113.02 - $120.23

8.9% increase - LB2 Defensive Perimeter - $127.50 - $117.08
1.8% increase - LB2 Defensive Row 1 - $122.38 - $120.23
0.1% increase - LB2 Defensive Low Ends / High Corners - $117.32 - $117.08
5.6% decrease - LB2 Defensive High Ends / Low Corners - $101.64 - $107.72
8.0% decrease - LB2 Defensive High Endzone - $86.98 - $94.60
21.4% decrease - LB2 Defensive No Alcohol - $74.34 - $94.60

1.0% increase - UB Centre Row 1 - $121.36 - $120.23
8.9% increase - UB Centre Band 2 - $96.59 - $88.73
3.7% increase - UB Centre Band 3 - $92.03 - $88.73
6.5% increase - UB Centre Band 4 - $68.77 - $64.58

9.1% decrease - UB Centre End Row 1 - $109.23 - $120.23
1.4% decrease - UB Centre End Band 2 - $87.48 - $88.73
3.7% decrease - UB Centre End Band 3 - $85.46 - $88.73
1.3% decrease - UB Centre End Band 4 - $63.72 - $64.58

12.8% decrease - UB Offensive Corner Band 2 - $77.37 - $88.73
20.7% decrease - UB Offensive Corner Band 3 - $70.34 - $88.73
8.9% increase - UB Offensive Corner Band 3(#2) - $70.34 - $64.58
13.1% decrease - UB Offensive Corner Band 4 - $56.13 - $64.58
0.8% increase - UB Offensive Corner Band 4(#2) - $56.13 - $55.65

3.7% increase - UB Offensive Endzone Row 1 - $92.03 - $88.73
6.3% increase - UB Offensive Endzone Band 2 - $59.16 - $55.65
3.2% increase - UB Offensive Endzone Band 3 - $45.51 - $44.10

13.0% decrease - UB Defensive Corner Row 1 - $104.68 - $120.23
2.8% decrease - UB Defensive Corner Row 1(#2) - $104.68 - $107.72
16.8% decrease - UB Defensive Corner Band 2 - $73.83 - $88.73
20.8% decrease - UB Defensive Corner Band 3 - $70.29 - $88.73
8.8% increase - UB Defensive Corner Band 3(#2) - $70.29 - $64.58
15.4% decrease - UB Defensive Corner Band 4 - $54.61 - $64.58
1.0% increase - UB Defensive Corner Band 4 - $54.61 - $54.08

1.4% decrease - UB Defensive Endzone Row 1 - $87.48 - $88.73
3.8% increase - UB Defensive Endzone Band 2 - $56.13 - $54.08
No change - UB Defensive Endzone Band 3 - $54.08 - $54.08
2.5% increase - UB Defensive Endzone Band 4 - $43.59 - $42.53

I have LB2 def,   the increase is only to 1/2 and 1/4 seasons .   The full season stays the same.   It does make it tougher to sell when tickets in the same section are $40 cheaper at a higher row.   Although I really like being first row behind the wheelchair/clubs with no stantions in the way.   Being in the defensive zone makes for better money/ easier to sell when good road teams come to town,(they shoot twice)

20 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

So apparently Canucks are sending out renewal emails in a staggered format. So not everyone got renewal emails. More emails are being sent out next week.

They are so incompetent,  I called to find out where mine was.  Rep said she had been getting calls all day wondering...that I was her 10th person asking......I guess a simple email to solve it is beyond them.  These people couldn't run a subway sandwich shop.

Having the renew now button take you to a blank page is a great touch

8 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

They are so incompetent,  I called to find out where mine was.  Rep said she had been getting calls all day wondering...that I was her 10th person asking......I guess a simple email to solve it is beyond them.  These people couldn't run a subway sandwich shop.

Season's ticket holders who are also members of CDC are not getting renewal notices this year  :bigblush:

/s

30 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I agree. What kind of company runs like this? When I called my rep, he told me to check my spam folder!!!!!!!!! Like, in other words even my rep wasn't aware they were sending renewals out in stages. My rep had no clue what was going on. What kind of poor communication is that? You don't even tell your reps about the renewal process? Who's bright idea was it to stagger renewals without telling anyone???!! They seriously didn't expect friends to talk to each other and have dozens of people calling in going "Where's my renewal e-mail?". I bet this ends up causing them more of a headache and more resources than if they had just sent all the renewals at once. Other NHL teams manage to send out renewals all at once, how come the Canucks can't? Why do I always feel like I am a STH of the worst run team? We are 31st in everything... renewals... ticketexchange.... PDF downloads....  on top of this, they raised prices of some tickets by almost 10%. Yeah, a blank page when you click "renew now" sure is a nice touch.

35 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I agree. What kind of company runs like this? When I called my rep, he told me to check my spam folder!!!!!!!!! Like, in other words even my rep wasn't aware they were sending renewals out in stages. My rep had no clue what was going on. What kind of poor communication is that? You don't even tell your reps about the renewal process? Who's bright idea was it to stagger renewals without telling anyone???!! They seriously didn't expect friends to talk to each other and have dozens of people calling in going "Where's my renewal e-mail?". I bet this ends up causing them more of a headache and more resources than if they had just sent all the renewals at once. Other NHL teams manage to send out renewals all at once, how come the Canucks can't? Why do I always feel like I am a STH of the worst run team? We are 31st in everything... renewals... ticketexchange.... PDF downloads....  on top of this, they raised prices of some tickets by almost 10%. Yeah, a blank page when you click "renew now" sure is a nice touch.

It took me literally one year to change my city with the Canucks. I have no idea why my city always showed up as Vancouver even though I live in Burnaby and never said anything different. I was finally successful today after several requests. They are super nice but maybe understaffed? I am trying to find them excuses.... 

Just now, Curt said:

It took me literally one year to change my city with the Canucks. I have no idea why my city always showed up as Vancouver even though I live in Burnaby and never said anything different. I was finally successful today after several requests. They are super nice but maybe understaffed? I am trying to find them excuses.... 

Yes they are very understaffed. I don't blame the front line reps, this is clearly a communication issue. The rep wanted to help me but didn't know what the hell was going on. Finally I called again and it looks like the "memo" is getting around that this was actually a layered/staged roll-out of renewals. It's just puzzling why there is poor communication. I feel like if a company is going to invest money in something, it would be the ticket renewal department. But it seems like maybe they are shifting resources to sales/marketing, and they figure renewals isn't that important. Who knows...

The $74.34 lower bowl seats are really tempting me. Like a lot of people, i find that there is nothing better than drinking a good cold beer while watching a game live but I will still survive if I can't. My only concern is if it's a big deterrent for potential buyers when you sell tickets in a no-alcohol zone.....

18 minutes ago, Curt said:

The $74.34 lower bowl seats are really tempting me. Like a lot of people, i find that there is nothing better than drinking a good cold beer while watching a game live but I will still survive if I can't. My only concern is if it's a big deterrent for potential buyers when you sell tickets in a no-alcohol zone.....

It's a deterrent to many buyers, but there's also many people who will actively seek out non-alcohol seats. Families in particular seem to navigate towards them. It's always nice to sit next to people who are not drunk. That being said, I've seen it backfire too. One of the worst drunks I ever saw at a Canucks game was in a non-alcohol section. He was all by himself and he showed up drunk (before the game he drank) and then during intermissions he was obviously pounding back beers in the concourse because he would come out even more drunk. He wasn't fighting with anyone, but he was yelling at the refs really loud and was obviously $&!# faced. He passed out 5 minutes into the 3rd period and someone called security to come check on him and they could hardly get him to wake up. He must have got the seat really cheap or free, or he didn't realize until he was there it was non-alcohol. Anyways... $74.34 for lower bowl is pretty nice.

I would avoid non-drinking seats.  Harder to sell, especially for the bigger money weekend games.

You also run the risk each time you have to sell them, ending up with someone who gets drunk and makes trouble.

But yeah, that's a more realistic price for seats in that area.

Overall the price adjustments do make sense......

Unfortunately, after 3 seasons I will not be renewing this year. My wife and I recently bought a house and had a baby, so our priorities have changed. My wife also lost her job due to the company going bankrupt while she was on Maternity leave, so our income got cut in half. Something has to give financially. I will miss having the Seasons Tickets. Perhaps if they were easier to sell I could hang on to them, but this year it was like having a second job trying to sell them, and most of the time had to break even or take a loss. Hopefully in a few years time I can revisit them and it will make sense to have them again, but for right now it just doesn't unfortunately. Too bad. I'm really excited for the future of this team. Sad Canucks fan. :(

3 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Unfortunately, after 3 seasons I will not be renewing this year. My wife and I recently bought a house and had a baby, so our priorities have changed. My wife also lost her job due to the company going bankrupt while she was on Maternity leave, so our income got cut in half. Something has to give financially. I will miss having the Seasons Tickets. Perhaps if they were easier to sell I could hang on to them, but this year it was like having a second job trying to sell them, and most of the time had to break even or take a loss. Hopefully in a few years time I can revisit them and it will make sense to have them again, but for right now it just doesn't unfortunately. Too bad. I'm really excited for the future of this team. Sad Canucks fan. :(

Have you considered going to UBIV?  I think they will still be break even next year if you need to sell most.  They seem to be much easier to sell than UBII...in bad times anyways,  it's actually much easier to price them, as you just have to compare against other cheap seats.

5 hours ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Ah, that's a shame. But I think you probably won't end up regretting it after the next few years. We are definitely in for a rough patch. While I am optimistic about the Canucks being a decent team, the fact of the matter is we have arguably two of the youngest "up n coming" teams in the league in our division - Edmonton and Calgary. I really could see the Oilers and Flames being like Pittsburgh and Washington in the next 10 years... total domination of the division. We had our fun for many years kicking the crap out of the Oilers and Flames but I feel like next year the tables will turn :( I guess Neil probably doesn't care though cause he has ST's to the Flames and Oilers too ha!

7 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

It's a deterrent to many buyers, but there's also many people who will actively seek out non-alcohol seats. Families in particular seem to navigate towards them. It's always nice to sit next to people who are not drunk. That being said, I've seen it backfire too. One of the worst drunks I ever saw at a Canucks game was in a non-alcohol section. He was all by himself and he showed up drunk (before the game he drank) and then during intermissions he was obviously pounding back beers in the concourse because he would come out even more drunk. He wasn't fighting with anyone, but he was yelling at the refs really loud and was obviously $&!# faced. He passed out 5 minutes into the 3rd period and someone called security to come check on him and they could hardly get him to wake up. He must have got the seat really cheap or free, or he didn't realize until he was there it was non-alcohol. Anyways... $74.34 for lower bowl is pretty nice.

All class that guy lol

58 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Ah, that's a shame. But I think you probably won't end up regretting it after the next few years. We are definitely in for a rough patch. While I am optimistic about the Canucks being a decent team, the fact of the matter is we have arguably two of the youngest "up n coming" teams in the league in our division - Edmonton and Calgary. I really could see the Oilers and Flames being like Pittsburgh and Washington in the next 10 years... total domination of the division. We had our fun for many years kicking the crap out of the Oilers and Flames but I feel like next year the tables will turn :( I guess Neil probably doesn't care though cause he has ST's to the Flames and Oilers too ha!

For me, going to a game has always been because I love hockey first and my Canucks second

I grew up watching alot of bad teams at the Coliseum but always enjoyed going to cheer on the Nucks even when you knew they would likely lose and to get to see some great stars often on the other side (Gretz, Mario, Bossy, Yzerman, Sakic, etc)

If you love hockey there is so much in the game you can enjoy, not just if the Nucks win. You still get to see greats like Sid, Malkin, Ovie, Price, McDavid, Kane, on and on and if you love hockey and can't watch those guys and enjoy their skill, something is wrong with you! lol

It will also be fun watching Bo take the next step, Try "grooting" players as he starts to get more comfortable in the league, Stech, maybe Boeser and Juolevi, Granny and Baer take the reins - there's always lots to focus on and be hopeful for and it makes the journey to the cup more exciting. Because, when the fortunes do change, you /me/ all of us who go watch, cheer on our team will have grown more connected to our boys, the same way we were with Burr/Kes/Bieksa/Lou the twins etc

To me the best part of that run, was to see guys who you had grown with over time emerge into this great team, to see the Twins who'd been called busts and sisters in their first 2 years here, win the hart, art ross, Kesler emerge to 40 goals, watching Burr go from AHL pest to well...burr....Those are the things that make hockey great, and memorable. It really is the team's "journey" that makes moments like Burr in Game 7 vs Chi, Bieksa in Game 5 off the stantion, so great. Watching a team work to becoming competitive, then a favorite, then ultimately watching them make a run at the cup and growing with them creates the connection that makes you feel part of it. That's what being a fan of a sport and team is about in my mind.

Not having that long term connection, and just watching a run, when you haven't been part of the tough years, doesn't make the run as sweet in my view (and very team has its rough patches) or as memorable. The wine is sweeter when you've had to toil the earth.

I don't live in Vancouver anymore, but if I did, I'd 100% be out there buying seasons!

Archived