The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

80% of me says I will not renew, and 20% says I will.  The tickets are too expensive, and sometimes it physically takes a lot out of me to travel up to Vancouver for a game and back to Seattle the next day.  I may go to a few games next year, and spend a couple of days in Vancouver instead of going home the next day after a game.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎19 at 10:18 AM, orcasgonewild said:

How much are season tickets? 

Too much for the cr^p we have to watch.   They MUST cut prices down to match the value of the product or I guarantee they will see a mass exodus this year.  Ticket holders are pi$$ed.  I know 15-20 season ticket holders that are MAD!

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Too much for the cr^p we have to watch.   They MUST cut prices down to match the value of the product or I guarantee they will see a mass exodus this year.  Ticket holders are pi$$ed.  I know 15-20 season ticket holders that are MAD!

Agreed, cheaper they r the more they'll fill the arena

I will probably drop my tickets down to a single pair. I have to face the unfortunate reality that it is *highly* unlikely that the Canucks will be a good team anytime soon. The immediate outlook for the Canucks is very poor. To me, we're looking at 3 years to fully be competitive again. This year we actually tried to win, and we tried HARD. Canucks signed UFA's, played 110% every night, and also they were in a poor performing division/conference. And we still lost all hope before the draft. Just imagine this year's team minus Hansen, Burrows, Miller, Sbisa (vegas) and potentially Edler or Tanev. I mean... wow! Plus we will lose someone (Sbisa maybe) to Vegas. Next year we will have Markstrom as our main goalie, Sedins will be 1 year older and I don't see us signing any UFA's. It cannot be underestimated how much "heart" Hansen and Burrows bring to the dressing room and how much their presence will be missed. I think next year we could be like the Colorado Avalanche, a total tankfest from the very beginning without any hope of playoffs and if that happened I can't imagine the ramifications for ticket prices.

The *only* thing that saved ticket prices this year was the 7 game win streak after Christmas break. That got people interested again and I was able to get rid of some tickets. I also have reservations about trying to sell excess tickets because the places I sell them (stubhub etc) have become very greedy and take a lot of fees. It also takes a lot of time and effort. It just isn't sustainable for a team that is losing. Furthermore, I think that after the election in BC this year the economy is going to take a real tank, including housing prices. Once that happens, the first thing people will "cut" will be luxuries and Canucks games are on the top of that list (who can afford $10 beer when their house is losing value daily?). Yes, this is all speculation. Just my thoughts. I am still going to keep 1 pair though and keep my priority number. I'll always own season tickets even if I can't sell the ones I don't go to, I'll always be a canucks fan at heart. Been one since I was born so no reason to change now.

On ‎2‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 5:17 PM, brilac said:

80% of me says I will not renew, and 20% says I will.  The tickets are too expensive, and sometimes it physically takes a lot out of me to travel up to Vancouver for a game and back to Seattle the next day.  I may go to a few games next year, and spend a couple of days in Vancouver instead of going home the next day after a game.

How have you found the ability to resell the games you don't go to? That is a lot of effort coming from Seattle every game

13 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

I will probably drop my tickets down to a single pair. I have to face the unfortunate reality that it is *highly* unlikely that the Canucks will be a good team anytime soon. The immediate outlook for the Canucks is very poor. To me, we're looking at 3 years to fully be competitive again. This year we actually tried to win, and we tried HARD. Canucks signed UFA's, played 110% every night, and also they were in a poor performing division/conference. And we still lost all hope before the draft. Just imagine this year's team minus Hansen, Burrows, Miller, Sbisa (vegas) and potentially Edler or Tanev. I mean... wow! Plus we will lose someone (Sbisa maybe) to Vegas. Next year we will have Markstrom as our main goalie, Sedins will be 1 year older and I don't see us signing any UFA's. It cannot be underestimated how much "heart" Hansen and Burrows bring to the dressing room and how much their presence will be missed. I think next year we could be like the Colorado Avalanche, a total tankfest from the very beginning without any hope of playoffs and if that happened I can't imagine the ramifications for ticket prices.

The *only* thing that saved ticket prices this year was the 7 game win streak after Christmas break. That got people interested again and I was able to get rid of some tickets. I also have reservations about trying to sell excess tickets because the places I sell them (stubhub etc) have become very greedy and take a lot of fees. It also takes a lot of time and effort. It just isn't sustainable for a team that is losing. Furthermore, I think that after the election in BC this year the economy is going to take a real tank, including housing prices. Once that happens, the first thing people will "cut" will be luxuries and Canucks games are on the top of that list (who can afford $10 beer when their house is losing value daily?). Yes, this is all speculation. Just my thoughts. I am still going to keep 1 pair though and keep my priority number. I'll always own season tickets even if I can't sell the ones I don't go to, I'll always be a canucks fan at heart. Been one since I was born so no reason to change now.

the smart thing the team should do right now is drop prices , we shouldnt pay for something that isnt doing good, 

Just now, dsedinfan22 said:

the smart thing the team should do right now is drop prices , we shouldnt pay for something that isnt doing good, 

Yep, but they probably only need to lower certain tickets. Lower bowl is very overpriced. They lowered some last year (purples defensive end) but even those still didn't sell. Lots of empty seats. No one is going to pay that much for Row 25 lower bowl. Same goes for Row 25 club seats, who is going to pay $200 a game for Row 25 club's? Noooo wayyy. Realistically though, in my mind, they already have lowered prices simply by not raising them. I believe this will be the 5th straight year without raising ticket prices? So if you factor inflation into it, then there's already been like a 10% decrease in prices. On top of that, the Canadian dollar has tanked. The Canucks take in revenues in CDN dollars but pay players in US dollars. It's a rough business to be in and one must give credit to the Canucks organization and ownership for continuing to spend to the cap. Unfortunately I think the time has come though and next season the spending to the cap will stop, and we will enter a full rebuild.

26 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

How have you found the ability to resell the games you don't go to? That is a lot of effort coming from Seattle every game

I donate them.  I have the Ice Pack, so it doesn't include every game, about 11 games and a few events like the Draft Party and ice skating at Rogers Arena.

3 minutes ago, brilac said:

I donate them.  I have the Ice Pack, so it doesn't include every game, about 11 games and a few events like the Draft Party and ice skating at Rogers Arena.

Ah. The only problem I have with donating is that you need to do it so many days in advance and sometimes it's a last minute thing to not be able to go to a game or not want to go. I wish they had a last minute donation option or something. I don't know how that would work but yeah.

1 minute ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Ah. The only problem I have with donating is that you need to do it so many days in advance and sometimes it's a last minute thing to not be able to go to a game or not want to go. I wish they had a last minute donation option or something. I don't know how that would work but yeah.

Yeah I don't like that either.  I usually plan in advance on which tickets I am donating.

The best thing I did last year was move to UB2 seating from LB, I was losing a lot of money for every game I couldn't go to.  UB2 tickets have sold reasonably well and it helps that my seats are almost centre ice, row 10.  I may see if there are any good UB3 seats at relocation to further reduce my costs but I do like the view from centre ice so I'm not sure if it's worth it.

This was my first season. I bought UB4 Offensive zone. I will probably break even +/- for the year. However I have to say that I was disappointed by the fact that to get rid of a few Saturday night games against Canadian teams I had to sell below face value (not much below). It was quite surprising. Right now the Canucks are definitely hard to sell. Most of my ads on Craigslist get completely ignored.   

1 minute ago, Nucks89 said:

Can't imagine a high renewal rate going forward...

Not unless the management and owner embrace a full rebuild.  Fans would go to games if there were young players to cheer for, and a future to believe in.  We have Bo, Tryamkin, and Stecher, and (somewhat) Granlund.  Those are now our most popular players.  They are young, and are our future.  We need to embrace that concept of youth, and bring in more.

14 hours ago, dsedinfan22 said:

sell on ticket exchange , im UB 3 def and my tickets sell

Ticket exchange has been great.  There were only a handful of games that couldn't be sold on it this year, for my UB IVs

I think next year will be similar to this year.  UB III and IV and good UB II, will be around break even, or slightly profitable if you are good.

Lower bowl will still suck.  Overall this year went much better than expected.

Archived