The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-18 Season Tickets Thread

WalkWithElias

21 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Ah. The only problem I have with donating is that you need to do it so many days in advance and sometimes it's a last minute thing to not be able to go to a game or not want to go. I wish they had a last minute donation option or something. I don't know how that would work but yeah.

21 hours ago, brilac said:

Yeah I don't like that either.  I usually plan in advance on which tickets I am donating.

I use kids upfront. They take them up to 2 pm on game day.  

https://www.kidsupfrontvancouver.com/

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎22 at 8:06 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

I will probably drop my tickets down to a single pair. I have to face the unfortunate reality that it is *highly* unlikely that the Canucks will be a good team anytime soon. The immediate outlook for the Canucks is very poor. To me, we're looking at 3 years to fully be competitive again. This year we actually tried to win, and we tried HARD. Canucks signed UFA's, played 110% every night, and also they were in a poor performing division/conference. And we still lost all hope before the draft. Just imagine this year's team minus Hansen, Burrows, Miller, Sbisa (vegas) and potentially Edler or Tanev. I mean... wow! Plus we will lose someone (Sbisa maybe) to Vegas. Next year we will have Markstrom as our main goalie, Sedins will be 1 year older and I don't see us signing any UFA's. It cannot be underestimated how much "heart" Hansen and Burrows bring to the dressing room and how much their presence will be missed. I think next year we could be like the Colorado Avalanche, a total tankfest from the very beginning without any hope of playoffs and if that happened I can't imagine the ramifications for ticket prices.

The *only* thing that saved ticket prices this year was the 7 game win streak after Christmas break. That got people interested again and I was able to get rid of some tickets. I also have reservations about trying to sell excess tickets because the places I sell them (stubhub etc) have become very greedy and take a lot of fees. It also takes a lot of time and effort. It just isn't sustainable for a team that is losing. Furthermore, I think that after the election in BC this year the economy is going to take a real tank, including housing prices. Once that happens, the first thing people will "cut" will be luxuries and Canucks games are on the top of that list (who can afford $10 beer when their house is losing value daily?). Yes, this is all speculation. Just my thoughts. I am still going to keep 1 pair though and keep my priority number. I'll always own season tickets even if I can't sell the ones I don't go to, I'll always be a canucks fan at heart. Been one since I was born so no reason to change now.

Very sobering but absolutely "bang-on" assessment.  Very refreshing to see some people are still drug free in life and see the forest thru the trees.

POST OF THE MONTH !!!!

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎23 at 1:19 PM, Alflives said:

Not unless the management and owner embrace a full rebuild.  Fans would go to games if there were young players to cheer for, and a future to believe in.  We have Bo, Tryamkin, and Stecher, and (somewhat) Granlund.  Those are now our most popular players.  They are young, and are our future.  We need to embrace that concept of youth, and bring in more.

That's right.  If there was some sort of "PLAN" going forward that fans could buy into it might help retain a few ticket holders, but there is absolutely no clear direction on what the heck they are trying to do.  It's a rudderless ship right now which won't change until the AQUA-LINI's divest of this investment and sell to real owners.

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

That's right.  If there was some sort of "PLAN" going forward that fans could buy into it might help retain a few ticket holders, but there is absolutely no clear direction on what the heck they are trying to do.  It's a rudderless ship right now which won't change until the AQUA-LINI's divest of this investment and sell to real owners.

I don't know why anyone would have such a hard time paying to see the likes of 

Chaput, Megna and Skille play. Let's not forget that Ericsson has been a total bust.

After the 2014 - 2015 season dropped a pair from 4 seats.  Had 4 since 2004 - 2005 (I know lockout but it still counts since they were keeping my money on the account), and it was definitely hard to give up since I had them for so long.  Going to games with 3 of your buddies was awesome but nobody should have to be wasting money if you can't sell them.  They won't have a problem of you dropping a pair but they definitely will beg you not to cancel your season tickets all together.

On 2/23/2017 at 1:19 PM, Alflives said:

Not unless the management and owner embrace a full rebuild.  Fans would go to games if there were young players to cheer for, and a future to believe in.  We have Bo, Tryamkin, and Stecher, and (somewhat) Granlund.  Those are now our most popular players.  They are young, and are our future.  We need to embrace that concept of youth, and bring in more.

This is how I feel about it. We'll probably wait this year and see what happens. I enjoy watching player development, but I can't stand Willie. I get the irony there, most of the youngsters have progressed under him, but I don't think I can watch another year of his goofy line decisions or hear him say "Oh, I dunno...." before answer most questions. 

On 2/25/2017 at 0:38 PM, RU SERIOUS said:

I'm not so sure. Dallas has a "real owner" and its a mess. Barring some kind of generational trade a rebuild has to be undeniable now. They tried giving the Sedin's another crack at they playoffs for 3/4 of the last years of their contracts, and next year has to be about the future. 

Not planning on not renewing but I hardly doubt I will have to TRY to renew.

Got a feeling they will call me.

Just got to make sure my friends are still in. I could easily be persuaded to go to half seasons......

They are full on nuts if they even dream of raising prices. Stadium has been half empty for 3/4 of the games I have been to.

7 hours ago, BCNeil said:

Just renewed my Oiler tix.  They are increasing by 3%........and they have no problem selling tickets right now.

I'm sure there wont be a problem selling them for a long time now, no matter the cost. Playoff tickets will go sky high. If Edmonton goes to finals I think it will set a new record, $2000 a ticket probably minimum. That city is starved for playoff hockey.

On ‎2017‎-‎02‎-‎25 at 6:33 PM, jovocop55 said:

i dont think im gonna renew either... i got 4 seats now... maybe keep 2 at most...  just no direction at all with this team...  

Yes. That is the issue.  If there is some Master-Plan they're keeping from us they better let the remaining season ticket holders know SOON!  Canucks tickets are almost as hard to re-sell now as whitecap tickets.  That says it all!

20 hours ago, DonaldBrashear said:

There goes Burrows. Not sure what to think. This trade was better than I thought, in that we get a player who is 1 year ahead of the game instead of a draft pick. But it's clear to me that this team won't likely be competitive next year regardless.

Because of the inaction of lack of clear direct of management for over 5 years, your now realistically looking at 4-6 years until any chance of a rebound.  Are you going to wait?

22 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Because of the inaction of lack of clear direct of management for over 5 years, your now realistically looking at 4-6 years until any chance of a rebound.  Are you going to wait?

Yes, I'll wait. I am willing to take the good with the bad. I was a hardcore canucks fan in the late 90's during the Keenan and Messier era. I watched nearly every game on TV. If I can go through that, then nothing can bring me down! What I realized is that hanging in there for the bad times makes the good times so much better. If I just checked out for the next few years and came back only when the Canucks became good again then I wouldn't appreciate it as much. The late 90's crapfest made watching Bertuzzi/Naslund/Ohlund/Jovo/Morrison so much more enjoyable. I've said it before, losing builds character. If that's true then the Oilers have a lot of character :) hahaha

I see the moves at the deadline this year as pretty clear direction from management that we're rebuilding.  I'm looking forward to the draft party (assuming they do it again) and I definitely plan to renew although I won't be moving back down to the lower bowl anytime soon; I'm happy with what I'm paying this year.  I've consistently shared my feedback that the Canucks should be sellers at the deadline and it wouldn't be fair to pull my tickets when they make some great trades that will help the team down the road.

On 2/28/2017 at 10:27 PM, DonaldBrashear said:

I'm sure there wont be a problem selling them for a long time now, no matter the cost. Playoff tickets will go sky high. If Edmonton goes to finals I think it will set a new record, $2000 a ticket probably minimum. That city is starved for playoff hockey.

Oilers could have gone up 30% and would get 95% renewal this year.  

What else they have done is brought back their "Oiler bucks"  it's $100 per seat credit.  For concessions or merchandise from the team store.

They use to do this every year, then decided to cancel it this year, with the new arena......people in Edmonton were very mad, so they brought it back.

For most upper bowl seats the $100 credit is more than the 3% increase.  This would be so simple for the Canucks to do....and if that $100 is just spent back at the concession or to buy a jersey anyways....it doesn't really cost them $100.  It buys you 10 beers......that cost them $10.

I've been pushing for a food/beverage credit since I first got my seats.  It's a great low cost way to give STH's added value and it doesn't cost the club nearly as much as the face value of the credit.  It also gets people used to eating and drinking at the arena so after you've used your credit it's likely you'll continue to buy at least some overpriced food/beverages at future games.  I'm not holding my breath but I really hope this is something they're thinking about seriously.  Many other NHL teams offer something like this.

Archived