The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade With Ottawa(Proposal)

Spontaneous suggestion.

Their fwds are dropping like flies. Ryan yesterday. Today Hoffman(LBI) & Stone leaves in 3rd, after a nasty head-shot. They've got lots of cap space.

***UPDATE*** Wingels woozy after huge Buff-hit!

IF we'd like to keep the Honey Badger(?, subject to various opinions), I'd say, send them Granlund.

Receive: good prospect & a 2nd. Don't know enough about their young fwds. If anyone's game, sure open to suggestions.

Ottawa's close to the top of their division. They might splurge a bit, with the current circumstances...

edit: Might something work around LAZAR for Granny. Say we add a 3rd, they a 2nd?

54 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Spontaneous suggestion.

Their fwds are dropping like flies. Ryan yesterday. Today Hoffman(LBI) & Stone leaves in 3rd, after a nasty head-shot. They've got lots of cap space.

***UPDATE*** Wingels woozy after huge Buff-hit!

IF we'd like to keep the Honey Badger(?, subject to various opinions), I'd say, send them Granlund.

Receive: good prospect & a 2nd. Don't know enough about their young fwds. If anyone's game, sure open to suggestions.

Ottawa's close to the top of their division. They might splurge a bit, with the current circumstances...

edit: Might something work around LAZAR for Granny. Say we add a 3rd, they a 2nd?

From all read here, Lazar is likely not an NHL player.  So we want their first + Lazar for the Honey Badger.  

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

From all read here, Lazar is likely not an NHL player.  So we want their first + Lazar for the Honey Badger.  

Ya, thanks for chimin' in Alfy..that may be right, haven't seen much of Ott/Lazar, tbh

One things for sure, the unwashed Nucker-masses are downright-excited over this thread!

:^)

Not sure what happened with Lazar. He was a great jr player and if my shoddy memory serves, he was great in the red and white at the WJHC a few years ago. Might have Hodgeson disease...

I can see Ottawa going after almost any top 9 forward they can find to load up for a deep playoff run, but I don't see them giving us Lazar and a 1st for Hansen.

Out of their prospects, I like  - Colin White bonifide NCAA stud, and they did pick up Logan Brown in last year's draft.

I'd be happy with us getting either of those two for Hansen, however they're Ottawa's two best centre prospects so there probably wouldn't be a "player plus" coming back. It would be straight up Hansen for high end prospect, in my most humble opinion. 

11 minutes ago, oldnews said:

cool story

Why so grumpy, oldnews? That's a might fine contribution you've made to this thread.

Ottawa is contending, we're not. Ottawa will want to add now, we want to add to the future. We're great trading partners and I love that @Nuxfanabroad took the time to create a trade thread w/ Ottawa.

Would you prefer another Colorado proposal from one of CDC's finest? Come on man, don't be so grouchy

Just now, luckylager said:

Why so grumpy, oldnews? That's a might fine contribution you've made to this thread.

Ottawa is contending, we're not. Ottawa will want to add now, we want to add to the future. We're great trading partners and I love that @Nuxfanabroad took the time to create a trade thread w/ Ottawa.

Would you prefer another Colorado proposal from one of CDC's finest? Come on man, don't be so grouchy

Appreciate the contribution, L2. Likely all boils down to different philosophies.

23 hours ago, oldnews said:

LOL

Ottawa just got someone injured.

Let's send them something.

For something.

Cool story.

Such a cynic there oldy oldenheimer. I smell the humour, wafting off the oldness like mothballs and blue cheese. Made me laugh and feel bad all at the same time!

21 hours ago, Brobidus said:

If not Brown or White we can always target one of Filip Chlapik or Francis Perron

20 hours ago, Agoork said:

or Jonathan Dahlen (picked #42 in 2016 draft).

3 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Another Dahlen fan in the house! I think this kid has been underrated since the draft! I wanted him then! Jonathan Dahlen > Curtis Lazar make it happen Benning!

Well there you have it @Nuxfanabroad. I went for the obvious gold in OTT, but these fellow CDCers may have picked the gems. 

Make us a proposal ye ol' skallywag, ship jumping, pond hopper!

So if we say that Ottawa is a great trade partner... I like Hansen but proposals with both Hansen and Granlund might be fun :D Personally I feel Ottawa may have more interest in Granlund than in Hansen. 
I think we can all agree that Hansen is worth more than Granlund at this point.
I value Dahlen at a early second, late first. Chlapik at a second. Perron at a third (size could be an issue). Hansen at a late first, Granlund at an early second? Then how about one of these (following Nuxfanabroads proposal) 

Hansen for Dahlen + 4th
Hansen for Chlapik + 3rd
Hansen for Perron + 2nd

Problem may be the cap hit. Even if it's low they might want to compensate. Wingels would be a cap dump at this point and is worth 2.5 million in cap hit and should be a UFA after this year. I mean he probably has extremely low value at the moment. But he is a body. We can always offer Megna in his stead if Ottawa wants something to replace him :D 

Granlund for Dahlen straight up, maybe add Subban, Grenier, Pedan or something to give them more incentive. 
Granlund for Chlapik 
Granlund for Perron + conditional 3rd (This deal I probably wouldn't really do regardless)

I may be off in evaluation but something along these lines maybe? Keep in mind that a lot of Ottawa's forward prospects seem to be getting quite a lot of hype from analysts (can't back this claim up, but I swear I read it)

Out of respect for Burrows, I hope they ask him first if he'd be interested in a playoff run with Ottawa, and if he says yes, we send him off for a 3rd or 4th round pick and hope that he resigns with us for 4th line dollar value (1 mil/season) for as long as he wants.

That's the only way that I'd recommend getting rid of Burrows.  Being only -2 on this year's Canucks team is quite a feat actually.

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Out of respect for Burrows, I hope they ask him first if he'd be interested in a playoff run with Ottawa, and if he says yes, we send him off for a 3rd or 4th round pick and hope that he resigns with us for 4th line dollar value (1 mil/season) for as long as he wants.

That's the only way that I'd recommend getting rid of Burrows.  Being only -2 on this year's Canucks team is quite a feat actually.

Be nice to get a bidding-war for Burr or Jannik: NYR, Habs & Sens..all pretty reasonable destinations.

Archived