The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Flyers @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Brodeur said:

Curious. Has Hutton been sick? Or does he seem a bit sad in the post game interview? Perhaps trade upcoming who knows. Or there's something going on with the team.

Last week Hutton got dumped by his long time girlfriend, saw it at the Roxy

5 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Bad thing about the 2017 draft is the team which finishes 28th gets screwed in the later rounds.

Unlike the 1st round where Vegas starts in 6th spot, Vegas picks in the 3rd spot no matter what in the 2nd/3rd/4th/5th, etc. rounds.

So if the Canucks finish 28th, and there is no movement, then the Canucks will pick 4th in the later rounds.

Also in the 1st round - the 28th team can only pick ahead of Vegas if they win one of the three lottery spots. 

Vegas has the same odds in the lottery as the 28th team - at worse they pick 6th which could push the 28th team to 7th.

3 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Willie D. = dead man walking.  Please, someone take him out to the back of the wood shed and put him out of his NHL misery (mods: this is a metaphor...I'm not actually advocating that anyone does Willie any harm).

And while someone is at it, do the same to Jarvis, the so-called powerplay guru who either: (a) can't get the players (i.e., the Sedins) to buy into his pp schemes; or (b) can't design and implement effective pp schemes for players (i.e., the Sedins) to execute.  As someone mentioned already, the pp was downright embarrassing.

The Sedins are washed up and they are going to take a good coach down with them imo

6 hours ago, 1-d said:

He takes the "No Movement" clause too literally and practices it on the ice.

Why all the picking on Ericsson when the Sedins are twice as bad. These guys are "coasting" now, just seeing out their days and and our management is allowing them to do it as if the Club is set up for the benefit of allowing them to break records. It's not right, it's not professional and it is unfair to the fans and the other players.

I can't stand the thought of two more seasons of them skating in slow motion, giving the puck away, back checking like ballerinas and bouncing the puck round the boards to each other ad infinitum. What the ----- do they think they are achieving on the PP?

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This is the logic of our coach. Because a career AHLer is a right handed shot he deserves to be on the first unit. Forget about him being successful there or you know, earning it.

What does it matter if he's a right handed shot anyways, the powerplay never gets shots on net. It revolves around cycling around the outside until they either shoot wide from the point or right into the oppositions shin pads. 

It honestly baffles me that a coach could watch this on a nightly basis and not make any big changes.

Ahhh DN, the great coaching maestro.

Desjardins was obviously meaning he was a right handed shot as well as having other attributes. Speed, forecheck and back check, ability to make a pass etc. These things all go over your head  - obviously, you make a career of embarrassing yourself.

Who would you replace him with? 

People yelled for Boucher and they got him - he's invisible. 

Megna has a lot of useful attributes including working his ass off but he just can't seem to score (not that he gets many chances) - so what, our top scorers can't score and they are paid $7m each, what is Megna drawing?

If we had better, they would be in the team

7 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Well, it wasn't just the second of a back to back.  It was their 8th game in 13 days.  Think about that... it's more than 1 game every 2 days, most of it on the road.  They had every reason to pack it in but they didn't.  So props to the Nucks for that. The difference in this game was the 2 pp goals by the Flyers and none by the Canucks.  

Don't expect any logic or rationale from that guy, he makes a career of coming on here after defeats and slagging off the coach, team and management.

6 hours ago, Jam126 said:

I bet Jets fans said the same thing about getting Laine before the draft lottery.

6 hours ago, DeNiro said:

More chance of moving up than back at their position.

Not counting on on us moving up at 28th.

Deniro that is impossible. No team had a better chance at moving up in the draft. The way the odds are structured it is more likely for a team to either stay or drop a few spots, not move up. Without looking at the odds I want to say the Jets finished, what, 7th? They probably had a 20 % chance of choosing in the top 3. The odds were certainly not in their favour.

8 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

Nylander and ehlers are no doubt better now, but Virtanen has potential to grind players down and also contribute. Sure Virtanen was taken a little too high but he will dominate all he needs is time. Leave him in the ahl till he's 22 and we'll have a potential hungry beast by the time he comes out 

I just feel that every draft ranking out there had Virt below those other guys and we went off the plan for no good reason. 

Virt came here unprepared and figured he would have it all handed to him. He now has to work his way back and from what I see (imo) he has a long way back. 

Hopefully the light will come one with him and he will surprise people but it better happen soon because we really can't afford to wait 

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I just feel that every draft ranking out there had Virt below those other guys and we went off the plan for no good reason. 

Virt came here unprepared and figured he would have it all handed to him. He now has to work his way back and from what I see (imo) he has a long way back. 

Hopefully the light will come one with him and he will surprise people but it better happen soon because we really can't afford to wait 

Well ik what ur saying but some scouts knew what the canucks were gonna do like Craig button knew they'd pick Virtanen. Virtanen should have gone near 10 but it's ok he'll turn out just give him time 

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Linden is also too nice to make tough decisions.

Need more people in charge with some cojones.

Boils down to true executive experience. Linden is in over his head just like Lowe was for the Oilers. 

Just because a player who had worked hard ,and was loved by the fans, his entire career it does not somehow make him an executive that can shape a franchise along with making tough decisions

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

The Sedins are washed up and they are going to take a good coach down with them imo

Holy crap what a drama post.

we get it. The sedins frustrate you and many due to their decline.  At the end of the day they've been the best Canucks in history and are still our most skilled and respected players (league wide i might add).

do you really think JB or any Nhl gm would fire any coach based on their play at this stage in their careers?

cmon alf. 

So the reverse is true.  If the sedins were still registering 80 points per season it still would have no reflection on the coach.

7 minutes ago, orcasgonewild said:

Well ik what ur saying but some scouts knew what the canucks were gonna do like Craig button knew they'd pick Virtanen. Virtanen should have gone near 10 but it's ok he'll turn out just give him time 

My original point was that we can't always guarantee that tanking will always solve the problem unless it's a deep draft and we pull a Leafs. 

Anything after the top 2 seems to be a crapshoot 

we pay to the cap and are underperforming. I totally do not understand how people can say we have overperformed under Willie. We can and should be much better....just special teams alone not to mention line choices 

I wish Willie would see what he's dong wrong and stop putting the Sedins out in the dying seconds of the game, it's happened more than a dozen times this season so far.

About Virtanen, I'm not feeling it with him- I had hopes since he has speed and size, but he might turn out to be another Dave Steckel.

Good old Willie's mom Alfstonker. In his warped mind Willie, with his whole 3 pathetic NHL coaching years, somehow is greater than the legends that the Sedins are. 

You are one sad individual 

your son's days are numbered. Deal with it 

Ahhh DN, the great coaching maestro.

Desjardins was obviously meaning he was a right handed shot as well as having other attributes. Speed, forecheck and back check, ability to make a pass etc. These things all go over your head  - obviously, you make a career of embarrassing yourself.

Who would you replace him with? 

People yelled for Boucher and they got him - he's invisible. 

Megna has a lot of useful attributes including working his ass off but he just can't seem to score (not that he gets many chances) - so what, our top scorers can't score and they are paid $7m each, what is Megna drawing?

If we had better, they would be in the team

Alfstonker the genius. Why spend to cap? Load up on Megnas, lose every game, and play before an empty home arena. 

I guess we should flip Megna right now for the first round pick another team will give up for the superstar in our midst? 

Such a Willie's mom you are 

9 hours ago, The Weasel said:

I've wanted him gone since our playoff series vs the flames. Even if we got into the playoffs, he'd &^@# it up big time. We're not that great and he would just make it even harder for us to win. 

Canucks in the playoffs...forget it...you have a better chance of winning Lotto Max. 

Don't even bother you stats guys.

Archived