The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are your best live music experiences?

Coconuts

I'm just curious mostly! Who have you seen and how was it? Who have you met? That sort of thing!

My best memories would be doing the VIP bit with The Tea Party on the Edges of Twilight 20th anniversary tour, they're still the best live band I've seen. I'll see em again next month for the Transmission tour!

Somehow sneaking into the back and having all my albums signed and meeting Big Wreck would be second on my list. Ian Thornley is truly a Canadian gem. Saw them on their comeback Albatross tour and just caught them touring their new album last month.

Amon Amarth, Apocalyptica, Art of Dying and Matthew Good all blew me away too. Saw Amon Amarth and Apocalyptica at the Commodore and an Amon Amarth pit ain't for the faint of heart.

Swollen Members and Gob put on surprisingly intimate shows in small venues. Was lucky enough to catch Sloan doing an anniversary tour as well as Econoline Crush after they put out Ignite. There are others but these are the ones that really stand out. ::D

Slipknot, All That Remains, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Powerglove, Alestorm, Sixx A.M.

All great shows, excellent live.

My favorite show would have to be Sabaton's first Vancouver show. That was amazing. I go see them anytime they are in Vancouver. Such an amazing energy.

Aside from the sex, warped tour at the Gorge was an awesome show.  My first concert was The Offspring way back in the day, 97?  They invited everyone on stage during the encore and I played the bongos but they weren't mic'd up(smart!).   

10 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Slipknot, All That Remains, In Flames, Killswitch Engage, Powerglove, Alestorm, Sixx A.M.

My favorite show would have to be Sabaton's first Vancouver show. That was amazing. I go see them anytime they are in Vancouver. Such an amazing energy.

Damn, that's a fair bit of metal. Nice!

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Alestorm's live shows. I really wanna see em if they ever come on back.

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Damn, that's a fair bit of metal. Nice!

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Alestorm's live shows. I really wanna see em if they ever come on back.

Alestorm was amazing. They had a show recently last year that was supposed to be in Vancouver but got moved to Bellingham. I was supposed to go but got super sick and had to miss it. A couple of my friends made the trip and said it was amazing and the venue in Bellingham was really cool. Made me even more upset that I missed it.

I love Metal. That's not even all the shows I have been to. Just the ones that really stuck out.

My Top 10 (in the last 10 years):

10. Rush - Rogers

9. Machine Head - Rickshaw (meet and greet)

8. Rob Zombie (w. Amon Amarth, Five Finger Death Punch, Mastodon) - Mayhem Festival, Auburn, WA

7. Amon Amarth (w. Entombed AD and Exmortus) - Commodore (meet and greet)

6. Opeth (w. The Sword) - Orpheum (meet and greet)

5. Ghost - Vogue

4. Nightwish (w. Sabaton and Delain) - Orpheum (meet and greet)

3. Sabaton - Grona Lund Tivoli, Stockholm, Sweden (meet and greet)

2. Metallica - Rogers

1. Iron Maiden (every show)

Gwar- reds in Edmonton - 1997 ish

Screeching Weasel w/ Greenday opening - 1992 Regina university student union. 

SNFU - 1993 - 1997. Must have seen them 12 times. 

Been to lot of big commercial concerts but don't really enjoy them. More into the dive bars and dive bands.  

54 minutes ago, DJSkingz said:

Sabaton is amazing. First time I saw them I had no idea who they were. Wife and I got cheap meet and greets. Very nice guys (Swedes). We became big fans that day and have seen them 5 times so far, once in Stockholm at an outdoor amusement park! It was so cool, they sang half their songs in Swedish, roller coasters in the background. Sabaton is coming back to Vancouver on May 7, along with Leave's Eyes, Battle Beast and Unleash the Archers. We've got meet and greet tix again!  

Unfortunately, they're playing at the Rickshaw. What a dump (haha)

But they do put on a fantastic, energetic, entertaining show. I highly recommend it for those heavier music fans who haven't seen them yet.

Every Muse concert (five thus far, one more this fall): lots of crazy lasers and lights and moving stages, zeppelins flying through the venue, glitter, floating eyeballs, cool videos and digital displays, light-up touch screen guitars and amazing vocals as always. 

Slipknot also puts on a good show. Lots of Flames.

Puscifer is good too. Their show comes with luchadore (sp) wrestling. 

19 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Every Muse concert (five thus far, one more this fall): lots of crazy lasers and lights and moving stages, zeppelins flying through the venue, glitter, floating eyeballs, cool videos and digital displays, light-up touch screen guitars and amazing vocals as always. 

Slipknot also puts on a good show. Lots of Flames.

Puscifer is good too. Their show comes with luchadore (sp) wrestling. 

Joey's drum solos!!!

Muse and Puscifer kick ass too! There is just something about Maynard that never disappoints! 

47 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Sabaton is amazing. First time I saw them I had no idea who they were. Wife and I got cheap meet and greets. Very nice guys (Swedes). We became big fans that day and have seen them 5 times so far, once in Stockholm at an outdoor amusement park! It was so cool, they sang half their songs in Swedish, roller coasters in the background. Sabaton is coming back to Vancouver on May 7, along with Leave's Eyes, Battle Beast and Unleash the Archers. We've got meet and greet tix again!  

Unfortunately, they're playing at the Rickshaw. What a dump (haha)

But they do put on a fantastic, energetic, entertaining show. I highly recommend it for those heavier music fans who haven't seen them yet.

I too will be at the May 7 show. Contemplating paying the extra for the meet and greet.

15 minutes ago, Drive-By Body Pierce said:

Joey's drum solos!!!

Muse and Puscifer kick ass too! There is just something about Maynard that never disappoints! 

I would be remiss if I didn't mention Tool. Another good crazy laser light show. We're seeing A Perfect Circle in April. Then I will have completed the Maynard trifecta!

I've only been to 2 shows that I didn't really enjoy.

Other than those, I've enjoyed all the shows I've been to:

• Adele
  • Muse
  • OLP (multiple times)
  • Metric (multiple times)
  • Paul McCartney (ex was a big fan)
  • Backstreet Boys
  • A&B (multiple times)
  • Gareth Emery (multiple times)
  • AvB (multiple times)
  • Hardwell
  • Ashley Wallbridge
  • Emma Hewitt
  • Christina Novelli
  • Arty
  • John O'Callaghan

I think I might be forgetting some. 

2 hours ago, DJSkingz said:

Alestorm was amazing. They had a show recently last year that was supposed to be in Vancouver but got moved to Bellingham. I was supposed to go but got super sick and had to miss it. A couple of my friends made the trip and said it was amazing and the venue in Bellingham was really cool. Made me even more upset that I missed it.

I love Metal. That's not even all the shows I have been to. Just the ones that really stuck out.

Aww damn, that sucks man! :(

I love metal too, and more often than not I find it's the folks in metal bands who are better about meeting/drinking with their fans. And fair enough!

Archived