The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PROPOSAL] Hard Hitting Question

The Sedins 

for 

Las Vegas 2018 and 2019 1st and 2nd round draft picks 

Summery:

Las Vegas gets two veteran superstars to start there franchise off on the right direction. They have a lot of money to spend. Plus the selling point of having psychic twins in vegas. The owners might think that would draw in crowds. 

Vancouver gets cap space and draft picks to re-boot 

i love the sedins and everything they have done for Vancouver and the Canucks and if you don't you're not a true fan imo. 

But the question I have is , would you ?

I don't think they would wave to go to a new startup team at this point. They are getting older and slower each passing year and who knows how much they have left in the tank. If and a big IF this were to happen it would have to be their idea from the outset. I am all for trading them to a contender for a decent return "if they want a shot to win the cup". I feel the same for Burrows and Edler. To give the guys that have dedicated themselves to the Canucks for so Long it would be a class act to give them a chance at Lord Stanley.

I can see Vegas wanting to add some punch to their lineup. Most mock drafts have them with a pretty weak offense.

That said, I doubt they pay that much for the Sedins. Even if they waive for Vegas, there likely wouldn't be much of a market for them simply due to the cap hit they carry together. The biggest thing coming back for Vancouver would be the cap space -- which is extremely valuable these days.

Vegas will have other options too. With their available cap space (and assuming their new owner is willing to spend) they could use their space to take on some bad contracts while adding young talent as compensation (see the Teravinen/Bickell trade) or sign guys like Thornton, Marleau, Radulov, Vanek etc who all produce at a similar rate and only cost cash.

Simply put, if we could do Daniel & Hank for a condition 2018 2nd (becomes a 1st if VGK make the playoffs) I would pull the trigger. Honestly, I'd probably do any deal where we don't have to retain salary for less.

I can see Vegas wanting one old guy as a free agent to fill some seats, but McPhee has said he wants to get as many picks as he can. I could see Jagr signing with them, and you gotta believe Jagr and the extracurricular activity options in Vegas would be a perfect match ::D

2 hours ago, Seven pounds soft said:

The Sedins 

for 

Summery:

Las Vegas gets two veteran superstars to start there franchise off on the right direction. They have a lot of money to spend. Plus the selling point of having psychic twins in vegas. The owners might think that would draw in crowds. 

i love the sedins and everything they have done for Vancouver and the Canucks and if you don't you're not a true fan imo. 

Not a good idea. Twins arn't going any where.

On 2/21/2017 at 8:39 AM, Seven pounds soft said:

The Sedins 

for 

Summery:

we would need a player now and a first not just picks!

Archived