The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Landeskog of course!

HKSR

To VAN:  Landeskog

To COL:  Hutton, Baertschi, Hansen

VAN does this because of expansion draft reasons.  They will lose one of Hansen, Baertschi, or Granlund to LV, but if they move 2 of them for 1 player, that issue is resolved.  Sure, the Canucks could move one of them only... but if you can land a player like Landeskog by packaging 2 of them, while resolving the expansion draft issue, why not?

COL does this because they get a TON of value coming back for Landeskog.  Baertschi is comparable in terms of production while adding good playmaking abilities.  Hansen is an amazing versatile 15-20 goal forward that provides a ton of speed and some leadership to the COL group.  Hutton is a young up-and-coming dman with plenty of upside (and could help fill the void with Zadorov out for the season). 

Of note is that Baertschi and Hutton are about the same age as Landeskog, so neither the Canucks, nor the Avs are getting any older from this deal.

Excellent proposal.  Very fair deal.  It's painful for us, so it must be fair.  I do worry about Landeskog's health though.  For him to be effective, he needs to play a robust style, and that means his concussion issues might arise again.  Hmmm.  Good job.

A - No way I see Hansen waiving to go to Colorado, if he moves it'll be to a team with a chance.
B - This does not address ANY of the assets Colorado wants to get for Landeskog
            - Defenceman with Top pairing potential (Hutton has 2nd pairing potential)

- an 'A' prospect (Baertschi is a fringe top 9 roster player)

- a first round pick (no picks included at all)

While I doubt that Colorado gets exactly what they're asking for in a Landeskog or Duchene trade, I think the Canucks basis for the trade would have to start with Tanev, and if we're going to part with him it better be Duchene coming back. Assuming GMJB decides Landeskog is the one he wants I think this is more along the lines of what Colorado would settle for.

Tanev + Brisebois/Zhukenov/Subban + 3rd round pick

And if thats what it takes, I'd happily let some other team make the overpayment

2 minutes ago, Misconduct16 said:

A - No way I see Hansen waiving to go to Colorado, if he moves it'll be to a team with a chance.

While I doubt that Colorado gets exactly what they're asking for in a Landeskog or Duchene trade, I think the Canucks basis for the trade would have to start with Tanev, and if we're going to part with him it better be Duchene coming back. Assuming GMJB decides Landeskog is the one he wants I think this is more along the lines of what Colorado would settle for.

And if thats what it takes, I'd happily let some other team make the overpayment

I agree that Hansen wouldn't waive to go to col, but that doesn't mean the return we get for him can't be flipped.  Trade Hansen for a 1st round pick.  Flip that pick + Hutton + for Landeskog.

Still don't see us moving hutton, it doesn't help our position in expansion draft,

7 minutes ago, Misconduct16 said:

I honestly don't think the price for Landeskog is as high as Duchene.  Notice how all the media outlets are not even talking about Landeskog.  The player teams covet most from the Avs is Duchene.

I can accept that Hansen may not waive to goto the Avs, but anything is possible (see ForsbergTheGreat's post above).

COL doesn't need RH shooting defencemen.  They need a LH shooting one.  Tanev would be of no interest to them.  On top of that, Hutton doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft which is a big plus.

Just now, HKSR said:

I honestly don't think the price for Landeskog is as high as Duchene.  Notice how all the media outlets are not even talking about Landeskog.  The player teams covet most from the Avs is Duchene.

I can accept that Hansen may not waive to goto the Avs, but anything is possible (see ForsbergTheGreat's post above).

COL doesn't need RH shooting defencemen.  They need a LH shooting one.  Tanev would be of no interest to them.  On top of that, Hutton doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft which is a big plus.

Are teams shying away from Landeskog, because of his concussion history?  He's really gone down hill this season.

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are teams shying away from Landeskog, because of his concussion history?  He's really gone down hill this season.

Possibly.  There's definitely a different price tag on Landeskog vs Duchene.  Duchene is definitely the more coveted player at this deadline.  There's no way that Landeskog lands anything close to what Duchene's asking price is.

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Colorado would not do this deal...I would,..but the asking price by Sakic is beyond exorbitant...I would say they would ask for Hutton + Our 1st (2017) +Hansen..which is along the lines of what Sakic was asking from Ottawa.

Hansen is too old - McKenzie says 20 to 24.  They want guys who will grow with their new core: Jost, Rantanen and MacKinnon.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Hansen is too old - McKenzie says 20 to 24.  They want guys who will grow with their new core: Jost, Rantanen and MacKinnon.

If Sakic thinks he will get two young roster players (one of them being a D)..and a 1st round pick...He's going to be standing all by himself in a corner,holding the bag..I certainly don't see any Canadian teams doing that kind of deal.

9 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

If Sakic thinks he will get two young roster players (one of them being a D)..and a 1st round pick...He's going to be standing all by himself in a corner,holding the bag..I certainly don't see any Canadian teams doing that kind of deal.

He has to hit a home run when trading core players.  They are willing to be patient because they don't need to make the deal immediately.

Archived