The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion/Rumour] Bob McKenzie notes the Canucks could be looking at moving Hutton for a Top 6 F

thejazz97

15 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

old??? 30 in the game for a D man is not old  when he is 35 plus then that is getting old for a D man

how old are you 12 saying that is old???

look at the last time the blackhawks won the cup most of their D men where way older then edler

Judging by your grammar and useage, it looks like you know a thing or two about being 12.

Edler is in the final phase of his career, I'm not sure how that is debatable.

Seabrook and Keith played the big, hard minutes in every Blackhawk post season in their early to mid 20's.

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Judging by your grammar and useage, it looks like you know a thing or two about being 12.

Edler is in the final phase of his career, I'm not sure how that is debatable.

Seabrook and Keith played the big, hard minutes in every Blackhawk post season in the early to mid 20's.

LOL

did you read??????

last cup win most D men they had were older and much older then edler is now

good d men and Edler is good play till 36ish

so they had D men at age of  32,33,37 and 40 so again did you read what I said and that most of their D men were older then Edler and I was NOT and did NOT talk about when keith was younger was talking when he was older and won a cup with other D men that were older read before you write something that was not talked about

On 2/21/2017 at 11:33 AM, billabong said:

It really depends for who. If it's Kane then stop right there.

id rather get a pick for sbisa and keep Hutton and the core top 6 UNLESS we can package up tanev + for drouin/draisaitl. 

Edler-stetcher

tryamkin-tanev

hutton-gudbranson

pedan-biega

if guddy wants 5m then he's gone too imo 

id go 4.5mx3yrs but we haven't seen enough

Oh god, don't scare me with the Kane stuff

If he's on this team, I'm out....and yes, I DO support the team with my $$

23 hours ago, Sbriggs said:

Guddy is going to be just fine, he's still young and has all the tools to be a good top 4 d-man and we need a tough mean North american style player on our blue line with true leadership skills.

No, he doesn't

This is utter fantasy, in every measurable way Gudbransson is a failure as an NHL D-man

In a puck possession era he does not have the skill to hold up his end of the play, this much is grossly obvious to anyone who has played even a little hockey

In FLA or here the result has always been the same, the play dies on his stick and he makes the players he is on the ice with worse, this guy is NOT an NHL D-man, and those of you who are freaking out right now will have this proven to you over the next little while.

The numbers are there to prove it, those who would rather stick their heads in the sand will not be able to evade the truth for very long, he was being exposed when he got hurt, he will be further exposed when he returns

If it weren't for the sports anomaly that is the FLA panthers he would have  had a similar situation as McIllirath or Cowen Luke Schenn but much worse, he never should have been an NHL regular

Best thing for him is to convert him to 4th line LW and let him be a new era enforcer, because we have many better D-men playing in Utica right now.

Now have a little patience all you who are those taking personal offense to this, all will be proven shortly, and I know how you hate to be wrong, so you may want to let this play a little longer, then if I'm wrong you can "Told ya so" at little to no risk

21 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

No, he doesn't

This is utter fantasy, in every measurable way Gudbransson is a failure as an NHL D-man

In a puck possession era he does not have the skill to hold up his end of the play, this much is grossly obvious to anyone who has played even a little hockey

In FLA or here the result has always been the same, the play dies on his stick and he makes the players he is on the ice with worse, this guy is NOT an NHL D-man, and those of you who are freaking out right now will have this proven to you over the next little while.

The numbers are there to prove it, those who would rather stick their heads in the sand will not be able to evade the truth for very long, he was being exposed when he got hurt, he will be further exposed when he returns

If it weren't for the sports anomaly that is the FLA panthers he would have  had a similar situation as McIllirath or Cowen Luke Schenn but much worse, he never should have been an NHL regular

Best thing for him is to convert him to 4th line LW and let him be a new era enforcer, because we have many better D-men playing in Utica right now.

Now have a little patience all you who are those taking personal offense to this, all will be proven shortly, and I know how you hate to be wrong, so you may want to let this play a little longer, then if I'm wrong you can "Told ya so" at little to no risk

Wow after reading all that crap I'll agree to disagree and throw in my white towel. Sometimes there just no explaing things to people and this is one of those cases. Don't worry I won't come back to you and said I told you so because its not worth it.

52 minutes ago, terrible.dee said:

No, he doesn't

He's played 30 games as a Canuck, but yeah hes a right off. Where is the logic in that?? 

His teammates were pissed he got traded from Florida, which says something. He is a natural leader, a professional, holds himself accountable, always wants to improve and is 24 years old. I dont think hes as bad as you make him out to be. 

He didnt have the greatest start, but he was playing with Hutton, who was a turnover machine in the first half of the season. 

1 minute ago, canucksnihilist said:

they should be trading an older D, not a younger D... I.e. Edler, not Hutton!   

You don't sell your young players off when you are rebuilding... just a friendly reminder to anyone who is sane

Unless we get back another young player.  

Hutton should garner a lot of interest because he could be a trade deadline acquisition to help for the playoffs, signed for cheap, and he doesn't need to be protected in the expansion draft. If he's not moved nowI still think you could get really good value from him for teams trying to make their lists. I keep looking at Tampa Bay and Tyler Johnson as my target.

16 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Especially now :) 

It's even more than that. It's about organizational balance, talent, age and contract status.

If you can save $2.5mil off of Edler's contract for two years, then you replace him on D for $1.0 or thereabouts and save $1.5 mil. We have multipke candidates to do thst at that price. Then you add the prospects in, rather than picks, that may be able to play games over that same time frame. That saves you overall cap because they are on ELCs. 

If we acquire two players in that 19-22 range then it helps the whole cap structure. Even if as 3rd pairing or 4th line, those are below league average contracts by a fair margin. Add in our own prospects and all of a sudden a huge portion of the team are on low cost (and controlled!!!) contracts that provide options. 

So you get younger, cheaper, different...and probably worse...but cap isn't your issue. The Canucks can pay Horvat  $6.0 mil over 7or8 years and be laughing. 

So many options. But I fully expect Miller and Hansen to get dealt with an outside possibility of Edler. 1% chance on the Sedins, unthinkable but not impossible. Even if 2 of the 3, it's a new horizon for the organization...and the Sedins haven't been dealt. That's a thing. 

Amazing how it almost looks like there's a plan in place being implemented; you know, the one we've been observing the past three years in the midst of an ocean of confusion...

JB was pretty clear with his initial "where we are at now" comment today.  Burrows has been great for Horvat but they felt it was time to make the move.  I agree that Hansen is going to go and that even more may happen, perhaps not now but by the draft.  On the other hand, I still think they want Miller and don't fully trust Markstrom as their #1, and goaltending is of primo importance to them.  Best-case would be to move him then re-sign in the summer.  He sounds quite open to it, as well.

A big D move is also likely alright, both for ED protection and to get forward help.  As we've heard from Burrows, Hansen, and Miller, the players all know what's going on, and this includes Edler.  His wakeup was when he saw Garrison basically forced out.  Miller and Hansen are openly saying they may expand their trade list -- total opposite from last year's TDL.  Sedins might be about the only ones left standing come the Fall.

Archived