The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 BC Budget

The Arrogant Worms

http://bcbudget.gov.bc.ca/2017/highlights/Balanced_Budget_2017_Highlights.pdf

I guess the main thing is for income's under $120,000 a year......starting 2018

PHASING OUT MSP — CUTTING PREMIUMS 50%
Medical Services Plan (MSP) premiums will be cut in half for British Columbians with
annual family net income up to $120,000, effective Jan. 1, 2018. This is the first step as
the Province begins the process of eliminating MSP premiums.

Nothing like offering people bribes with their own money in order to secure votes.

No plan that doesn't involve either raising fees or services or is just a small amount back from funding cut far more than what's offered previously 

One thing to note...not a single comment on where the money they're cutting will come from.  Since they've been using msp ucbc and fortis to top up coffers for years where will that $$ come from?

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Nothing like offering people bribes with their own money in order to secure votes.

No plan that doesn't involve either raising fees or services or is just a small amount back from funding cut far more than what's offered previously 

One thing to note...not a single comment on where the money they're cutting will come from.  Since they've been using msp ucbc and fortis to top up coffers for years where will that $$ come from?

All parties do this unfortunately. I knew with an election in B.C coming the goodies would get handed out. I Read about the msp thing in the summer when we were visiting. Pretty poor secret hey..

50% of the MSP is already paid by a lot of the larger employers so it will save them money as well not just the employees. It's a nice thought to cut it in half for people like me who are self employed who have to pay the full amount. I'm sure more goodies will be handed out prior to the election. 

From what I've read nothing else will be done in regards to housing. So you won't see these real estate prices come down too much on the lower end condos and townhouses. As a matter of fact from what I am seeing in my real estate business so far this year it looks like the lower end prices will go up. Multiple offers and full price offers on property under $700k is happening all over the Greater Vancouver area right now so it should only get worse in the Spring. 

Just want to remind everyone of the following from the previous election

• No MSP premiums
  • Fixed cost on Site C
  • 100,000 LNG jobs
  • a non tax payer funded Prosperity fund 
  • No Hydro increases
  • No ICBC increases
  • No Ferry increases
  • No MSP increases
  • Affordable housing correction

Kind of beggars belief when you actually think of how often they lied

Edit**  Going through this, I don't see where the $300 million supposedly earmarked for schools the Supreme Court declared in favour of the kids is.  I also wonder how with a $66 billion and counting debt how we have any kind of a "surplus" even more so if we stripped away the pilfering of fortis and icbc/msp coffers how far behind we'd actually be

35 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Just want to remind everyone of the following from the previous election

• No MSP premiums
  • Fixed cost on Site C
  • 100,000 LNG jobs
  • a non tax payer funded Prosperity fund 
  • No Hydro increases
  • No ICBC increases
  • No Ferry increases
  • No MSP increases
  • Affordable housing correction

Kind of beggars belief when you actually think of how often they lied

Edit**  Going through this, I don't see where the $300 million supposedly earmarked for schools the Supreme Court declared in favour of the kids is.  I also wonder how with a $66 billion and counting debt how we have any kind of a "surplus" even more so if we stripped away the pilfering of fortis and icbc/msp coffers how far behind we'd actually be

They actually said no msp and no msp  increases. Does that even make sense?

Debt and defecit are two different things, you know that. But I think I get what you're saying..

10 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

So what are the tax cuts for a family with income over 120 000 ?

Nothing.   Really ?    I thought there would be savings in this budge for all British Columbians.....

Nope this Country is moving to Robin hood. If you make a buck over minimum wage you have to pay for those who don't want to work.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nope this Country is moving to Robin hood. If you make a buck over minimum wage you have to pay for those who don't want to work.

I was hoping there would be some kind of breaks / savings for all citizens.  

I am happy to see low earners get a bigger break.......  I realize that people are struggling in BC

I work hard though and i would have appreciated even a bit of few crumbs in savings......    With a  2 Billion dollar surplus you would think that all citizens would have seen some kind of benefit......

I can 't stand the BC liberals... sucks that we don't have a stronger BC conservative party....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

I was hoping there would be some kind of breaks / savings for all citizens.  

I am happy to see low earners get a bigger break.......  I realize that people are struggling in BC

I work hard though and i would have appreciated even a bit of few crumbs in savings......    With a  2 Billion dollar surplus you would think that all citizens would have seen some kind of benefit......

I can 't stand the BC liberals... sucks that we don't have a stronger BC conservative party....

I agree on the last part. I'm just watching the national and I swear Mansbridge just said 300million dollar surplus. 

The Libs surplus numbers keep changing. :lol:

41 minutes ago, Violator said:

253 million dollar surplus what asset did they sell without telling people.or it must be from land transfer taxes they charge.i think crispy wins but only by a half a dozen seats or more.

Ah screw it, give the green party a shot. Could they really be worse then the BC libtards and the ndp?:P

The BC Liberals need to go.  We lead the country in part time low wage job creation and house hold debt. If interest rates go up a couple of points this province will be in serious trouble.  All they have left is fear mongering about the NDP.  I don't care how many part time jobs the create - if you need 4 of them to just survive we are not  thriving, we are simply surviving.

Look at the new homeowners assistance - deferring a portion of your mortgage for 5 years?  Yah like cheaper and more credit is not going to cause more problems. Only those that don't need the help will actually benefit from it.  People need paycheques that are big enough to cover their cost of living and leave enough to save up for a house .... cheaper credit is NO solution.

No wonder Trump had said he would run as a republican. Right wing voters have poor memories and lack any concept in reality. Did they deliver on the promises of last election? Not even close. Who has run up our debt more ? NDP or Liberals? Who has lead over the move to part time low paid jobs - NDP or Liberals? In both cases its the BC Liberals.

Yet the koolaid drinking right wing keep spewing the same lines calling the NDP the taxers ( dippers ) and crying that kittens will die, and the world will end if you vote for another party. The reality is we all are paying a huge cost in lower wages - lower benefits - higher user fees under the BC Liberals. I for one am tired of the BC Liberals and their supporters Dipping into my pockets over and over and over to fund their business partnership party.

If after 15 years in power they need to run attack adds instead of promoting their actions .... its pretty clear they are DONE. Bragging up job stats was the final nail in that coffin .... The jobs we are loosing were family supporting - the new jobs ( at greater numbers than jobs lost ) are low wage part time jobs that do NOT support families. We cant keep upping credit access and calling it a great economy. With the stock markets soaring it wont be long till interest rates start climbing....

The BC Liberals are well past their best before date and they need to go.

Archived