The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 BC Budget

The Arrogant Worms

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I don't care if you vote Green or otherwise but if anybody thinks anything is going to change by voting for either the Libs or NDP...

3 minutes ago, Violator said:

I KNOW

So what the hell? Vote the Green machine. With the ndp here and the greens in B.C Saskatchewan and Manitoba will side with the East.:P

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

So what the hell? Vote the Green machine. With the ndp here and the greens in B.C Saskatchewan and Manitoba will side with the East.:P

Honestly, regardless of whatever the actual results are (good or bad) to Alberta voting in the NDP, I'm both proud and jealous that you guys actually had the cajones to do it.

If nothing else, it should be a swift kick in the keister to the normally more predominant parties that their lackluster, business as usual nonsense will not be tolerated.

We need a healthy dose of that here in BC.

59 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Honestly, regardless of whatever the actual results are (good or bad) to Alberta voting in the NDP, I'm both proud and jealous that you guys actually had the cajones to do it.

If nothing else, it should be a swift kick in the keister to the normally more predominant parties that their lackluster, business as usual nonsense will not be tolerated.

We need a healthy dose of that here in BC.

I would have preferred the Wild rose but I think I understand your point. Again I'm with you vote Green the other two are a joke and the B.C conservatives are a bankrupt mess.

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I would have preferred the Wild rose but I think I understand your point. Again I'm with you, vote Green, the other two are a joke and the B.C conservatives are a bankrupt mess.

Yeah it could be called the 'Green-Rose-Marijuana Party' for all I care.  All those comfortable and corrupt career politicians need to be reminded of how tenuous their privileged positions can be and who exactly they're working for and elected by. 

And the people need to be brave enough to help remind them when they forget.

#Take the power back!

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Yeah it could be called the 'Green-Rose-Marijuana Party' for all I care.  All those comfortable and corrupt career politicians need to be reminded of how tenuous their privileged positions can be and who exactly they're working for and elected by. 

And the people need to be brave enough to help remind them when they forget.

#Take the power back!

I totally agree with you.

So what really occurred in yesterday's budget?    Really nothing.

So the BC Liberals increased spending in programs they underfunded for years.

The big center piece of the budget is the 50% cut in the medical premiums. BUT, they increased the premiums in the last few years 50% so we are just returning to previous levels anyway.   They said they will eliminate the premiums but no timeline.  For all we know, they will increase the premiums if they are re-elected.

As for the MSPs, people in unions don't pay the premium anyways as they covered under their collective agreement.  Also, low income people don't pay any MSP  if they are below a certain income level.  Tthe two groups account for maybe 50% of taxpayers.   So who benefits from the cut in MSP?  A lot less than the government thinks.  They would have done much better with a tax cut.

Will the NDP do better with the budget?   Maybe, maybe not.   This budget could have been crafted by them with the huge increases in spending. 

So,  is there any real difference between the BC Liberals and the NDP?    It is like tweedledee  and tweedledum.    More of the same who ever is in power,

People are really fed up current politicians.   That is probably why people in the US voted in Trump.

1 hour ago, DonLever said:

So what really occurred in yesterday's budget?    Really nothing.

So the BC Liberals increased spending in programs they underfunded for years.

The big center piece of the budget is the 50% cut in the medical premiums. BUT, they increased the premiums in the last few years 50% so we are just returning to previous levels anyway.   They said they will eliminate the premiums but no timeline.  For all we know, they will increase the premiums if they are re-elected.

As for the MSPs, people in unions don't pay the premium anyways as they covered under their collective agreement.  Also, low income people don't pay any MSP  if they are below a certain income level.  Tthe two groups account for maybe 50% of taxpayers.   So who benefits from the cut in MSP?  A lot less than the government thinks.  They would have done much better with a tax cut.

Will the NDP do better with the budget?   Maybe, maybe not.   This budget could have been crafted by them with the huge increases in spending. 

So,  is there any real difference between the BC Liberals and the NDP?    It is like tweedledee  and tweedledum.    More of the same who ever is in power,

People are really fed up current politicians.   That is probably why people in the US voted in Trump.

BC Liberal party is controlled by BC Real Estate Developers...  Keep the off shore scam alive and rip off local BC residents with over priced housing....

Time for these scammers to go.

Vote for any party you want. Just do NOT re-elect this party......   The young people of BC will not survive another 4 yrs of from these guys...

I find it interesting that people are willing to vote NDP just because they hate The Liberals.  Same tune that happened last election with Harper.  Well Harper is gone and Trudeau is a complete train wreck as far as I see it. 

People should really wait to see what the NDP does over the next while before they vote.  Current my vote is open though I am leaning BC Liberal.  I was open to the BC NDP last election but they just shot themselves in the foot.  Too much saying this and say that depending on which way the wind is flowing, which is really what they are doing so far this election.

Either way, it will come down to voting in the lesser of 2 evils.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

BC Liberal party is controlled by BC Real Estate Developers...  Keep the off shore scam alive and rip off local BC residents with over priced housing....

Time for these scammers to go.

Vote for any party you want. Just do NOT re-elect this party......   The young people of BC will not survive another 4 yrs of from these guys...

Suck it up princess.  If you think it's the BC Liberals that are the problem, you need to wake up to reality.  Housing prices were not all that much more affordable 20 years ago. The interest rates back then more than compensate for the lower prices. 

At the end of the day, Government will always be there to screw you.  Best advice, stop blaming the government.

29 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

I find it interesting that people are willing to vote NDP just because they hate The Liberals.  Same tune that happened last election with Harper.  Well Harper is gone and Trudeau is a complete train wreck as far as I see it. 

Trudeau is 1000 times better than the xenophobic  Harper.   So glad we dumped Harper.......

31 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

Either way, it will come down to voting in the lesser of 2 evils.

Exactly , that is why so many people will vote NDP.  Just have to vote out the property developing / offshore  sellout  BC Liberal Party...

Archived