The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 BC Budget

The Arrogant Worms

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

This seems to be a battle of who can create more low paying part time jobs..

Agreed.  Job stats only brag about jobs... never the quality of the job created...

Creating a job that doesn't pay a liveable wage... should not even count in job creation stats....

38 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

What industries re actually thriving in BC under the liberals?

That's what they should have to brag about during election season. Unfortunately they'll just bring out weak stats about job creation.

Logging and mining but I don't think they have thrived in the past 20 years. I suppose some manufacturing but in most cases those aren't high paying jobs especially with the cost of living in B.C and especially in the lower mainland. It puzzles me, B.C is rich in resources yet ranks 4th in household earnings in Canada and they have led the Country in child poverty for a few decades now. On top of that B.C has pst, msp a carbon tax and still under employed and starving children. It's really sad.

31 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Logging and mining but I don't think they have thrived in the past 20 years. I suppose some manufacturing but in most cases those aren't high paying jobs especially with the cost of living in B.C and especially in the lower mainland. It puzzles me, B.C is rich in resources yet ranks 4th in household earnings in Canada and they have led the Country in child poverty for a few decades now. On top of that B.C has pst, msp a carbon tax and still under employed and starving children. It's really sad.

It's cause we have a bunch of career politicians in power that don't know the first thing about business.

They don't know how to get our resources to market. They drag their feet in any decisions until they already missed the boat. And if they do negotiate any trade deals, they get bent over because the people they're negotiating with are actual business people.

I don't even know how Christy Clark is qualified to do what she's doing to be honest. She didn't even graduate from University. Not that that should be everything, but at the very least they should have some form of business background, no?

14 hours ago, Grapefruits said:

I find it interesting that people are willing to vote NDP just because they hate The Liberals. 

Either way, it will come down to voting in the lesser of 2 evils.

I find it interesting that people continue to be fooled in to thinking they only have two (bad) options and fall for the 'lesser of two evils' scam that has kept these two corrupt and complacent parties in power for decades.

Talk about wasting your vote.

33 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Christy and the BC Liberals have destroyed my province.....

Vancouver sun today...

B.C. is one of Canada’s wealthiest provinces but it has the second highest poverty rate in the country at 13.2 per cent.

That is pathetic isn't it. I will add I thought B.C led the Country in child poverty for a long time. Am I wrong?

9 hours ago, J.R. said:

I find it interesting that people continue to be fooled in to thinking they only have two (bad) options and fall for the 'lesser of two evils' scam that has kept these two corrupt and complacent parties in power for decades.

So what other party do you recommend?  The Green Party? LOL! Their platform is crap. The BC Conservative Party?  Do they even have a leader yet?

So what am I missing?

58 minutes ago, Grapefruits said:

So what other party do you recommend?  The Green Party? LOL! Their platform is crap. The BC Conservative Party?  Do they even have a leader yet?

So what am I missing?

Newsflash. All their platforms are 'crap'. 

On 2/22/2017 at 11:04 PM, DeNiro said:

What industries re actually thriving in BC under the liberals?

That's what they should have to brag about during election season. Unfortunately they'll just bring out weak stats about job creation.

Manufacturing, high tech and anyone trying to export to China and India. 

On 2/23/2017 at 9:35 AM, J.R. said:

We do have two options, one will waste money and help business, the other will waste money. Take your pick. 

15 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

We do have two options, one will waste money and help business, the other will waste money. Take your pick. 

What kind of a sick human would steal money from our kids education ......   ( Answer -  BC Liberal Party ) 

Then only give it back  12 years of legal action later....      when ordered to  by the Canadian Supreme Court.

BC is one messed up province..  SORRY Mike it is not an obligation to the BCTF.   BC Liberal Spin will not cover up what you have done....

This CDN supreme court ordered  money is to go 100 % to our children...   Public educated kids.  Not elite families kids that attend private schools like Christy's kids do....

This MONEY Is for PUBLIC EDUCATION

CKNW 

Earlier this week, Finance Minister Mike de Jong announced $320-million over three years to cover the province’s obligation to the teachers union, but said that money from the B.C. Budget was a ‘placeholder’.

21 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

What kind of a sick human would steal money from our kids education ......   ( Answer -  BC Liberal Party ) 

Then only give it back  12 years of legal action later....      when ordered to  by the Canadian Supreme Court.

BC is one messed up province..  SORRY Mike it is not an obligation to the BCTF.   BC Liberal Spin will not cover up what you have done....

This CDN supreme court ordered  money is to go 100 % to our children...   Public educated kids.  Not elite families kids that attend private schools like Christy's kids do....

This MONEY Is for PUBLIC EDUCATION

CKNW 

Earlier this week, Finance Minister Mike de Jong announced $320-million over three years to cover the province’s obligation to the teachers union, but said that money from the B.C. Budget was a ‘placeholder’.

I dunno, what kind of person would hold our kids education hostage as a union negotiation tactic?

It makes no sense for unions to control class size. You'd never accept it if we gave physicians the power to determine the number of beds in a hospital or for police to control the size of jails. 

The BCTF has too much vested interest and too much power. Class size should be controlled by the public and government that we elect, not teachers that can never be fired or held accountable to us. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I dunno, what kind of person would hold our kids education hostage as a union negotiation tactic?

It makes no sense for unions to control class size. You'd never accept it if we gave physicians the power to determine the number of beds in a hospital or for police to control the size of jails. 

The BCTF has too much vested interest and too much power. Class size should be controlled by the public and government that we elect, not teachers that can never be fired or held accountable to us. 

BCTF does not control class size.  I do not know what you are talking about.

Class size is controlled by a legally negotiated contract between teacher and school districts.

Do you not believe in honouring legally negotiated contracts ?  

What kind of business are you in....

The thing is... When you live in Canada  .. you don't get to pick which laws & contracts  you get to agree with and which ones you don't .......

Archived