The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017 BC Budget

The Arrogant Worms

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

BCTF does not control class size.  I do not know what you are talking about.

Class size is controlled by a legally negotiated contract between teacher and school districts.

Do you not believe in honouring legally negotiated contracts ?  

What kind of business are you in....

The thing is... When you live in Canada  .. you don't get to pick which laws & contracts  you get to agree with and which ones you don't .......

Yes, they do! Thats what the court case was about.... unions should not be in control of class size, period. Too much self-interest. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

Yes, they do! Thats what the court case was about.... unions should not be in control of class size, period. Too much self-interest. 

Too funny.  You do realize the BC liberals LOST in court . Right ? 

Funny how you say you work in business but you also say  you do NOT agree in honoring negotiated contracts....

Wow ,  i don't understand.  Usually in Business schoool, students study contract law.

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Too funny.  You do realize the BC liberals LOST in court . Right ? 

Funny how you say you work in business but you also say  you do NOT agree in honoring negotiated contracts....

Wow ,  i don't understand.  Usually in Business schoool, students study contract law.

I don't believe in giving the BCTF power over class size, no. How about you defend the idea? You really think unions have the best interests of kids, or in general the financial state of a business? 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

I don't believe in giving the BCTF power over class size, no. How about you defend the idea? You really think unions have the best interests of kids, or in general the financial state of a business? 

Do you believe in honouring contracts that  you sign ?     Do you understand how negotiations occur ?  Do you know what a contract is ?  

Have you ever worked in a BC Public school ?    

Without Unions Canada would be a way worse play to live. Unions have helped build this country.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you believe in honouring contracts that  you sign ?     Do you understand how negotiations occur ?  Do you know what a contract is ?  

Have you ever worked in a BC Public school ?    

Without Unions Canada would be a way worse play to live. Unions have helped build this country.

Where did I say we don't need unions?

Read the sentence: I don't think the BCTF should have control over class size. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Do you believe in contracts ?  

Do you believe in honoring contracts ? 

If you don't like your contract, then renegotiate the contract when the term is up.

That is how we do business in Canada. The Supreme Court of Canada agrees with ME not YOU. 

Just now, J.R. said:

How about we don't vote for either of them...?

Honestly we can't ignore politics as a society most of the time and then expect that somehow magically we get great parties. People need to be more involved. You get the politicians you deserve. 

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Honestly we can't ignore politics as a society most of the time and then expect that somehow magically we get great parties. People need to be more involved. You get the politicians you deserve. 

That I agree with. Sadly most people don't even give it a second glance.

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you believe in contracts ?  

Do you believe in honoring contracts ? 

If you don't like your contract, then renegotiate the contract when the term is up.

That is how we do business in Canada. The Supreme Court of Canada agrees with ME not YOU. 

4 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

BCTF does not control class size.

Class size was negotiated and agree upon by Employer and Worker.

That is what is called a negotiated contract.

No one imposed Class size on either side... It was agreed upon and was a compromise  to both parties..

Wow,  do you not believe in the Canadian Supreme Court either.... ?  

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Class size was negotiated and agree upon by Employer and Worker.

No one imposed Class size on either side... It was agreed upon and was a compromise  to both parties..

Wow,  do you believe in the Canadian Supreme Court either.... ?  

Are you smoking something?

Fact

Class size was negotiated and agree upon by both groups representing Employer and Worker.

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

Maybe you could call up the folks that were in government at the time that class size was negotiated and give them crap? After all it was an agreement by TWO parties and so far I see you moaning about just the one side?

Welcome to Christy Clark and the BC Liberals vision of our province going forward....

Vancouver Sun

As Abbotsford Regional Hospital faces questions about patient deaths, a hospital doctor has come forward to claim that the facility is dangerously overcrowded.

The Abbotsford Emergency Room is used to “warehouse” admitted patients whose condition has already been stabilized, the doctor said. This reduces the ER’s capacity to treat people who arrive at the hospital with potentially urgent injuries or illnesses, the doctor said.

The overcrowding crisis in the hospital’s ER raises the question of whether in some cases potential patients are turned away by ER staff pressured to quickly judge whether these people are at risk, or not.

Already this February, families of two Abbotsford hospital patients have questioned whether the deaths of their loved ones could have been prevented. Nimrat Gill, 3, died on the morning of Feb. 7, during her second visit to Abbotsford Regional Hospital in as many days. Gill’s family suspects that she died of pneumonia that went undetected during back-to-back hospital visits.

Welcome to Christy Clark and the BC Liberals vision of our province going forward....

Vancouver Sun

As Abbotsford Regional Hospital faces questions about patient deaths, a hospital doctor has come forward to claim that the facility is dangerously overcrowded.

The Abbotsford Emergency Room is used to “warehouse” admitted patients whose condition has already been stabilized, the doctor said. This reduces the ER’s capacity to treat people who arrive at the hospital with potentially urgent injuries or illnesses, the doctor said.

The overcrowding crisis in the hospital’s ER raises the question of whether in some cases potential patients are turned away by ER staff pressured to quickly judge whether these people are at risk, or not.

Already this February, families of two Abbotsford hospital patients have questioned whether the deaths of their loved ones could have been prevented. Nimrat Gill, 3, died on the morning of Feb. 7, during her second visit to Abbotsford Regional Hospital in as many days. Gill’s family suspects that she died of pneumonia that went undetected during back-to-back hospital visits.

King, I accept we in Canada have universal health care.  Maybe part of the problems at our emergency rooms is a result of too many people going in to get services who don't contribute to our society?  Maybe this is not about a lack of funding, but more about our free medical care for everyone?  

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

King, I accept we in Canada have universal health care.  Maybe part of the problems at our emergency rooms is a result of too many people going in to get services who don't contribute to our society?  Maybe this is not about a lack of funding, but more about our free medical care for everyone?  

I took my dad to ER  a few years ago.  He was entering into a coma as we did not know it but he had  viral menengitis / to become encephalitis.  He was  79 yrs old at the time.

What i saw shocked me.  I  saw unreal overcrowding.... drug addicts screaming.... babies crying...    Nurses completely overwhelmed....

I got in line with my dad.. watched him just about die in front of me while we patiently waited....   

Then i realized that the nurses had forgotten to enter his info and he was not really in the line...  He began to get close to death in the ER lounge...

I started to lose it but the nurses ( saints ) had no ability to do their jobs.. They were simply overwhelmed.  I have travelled to africa / asia etc and I strongly believe the care my dad got that day was below third world...

Our nurses are awesome. Only a saint could do that job.  The BC government has underfunded Health Care in the is province and people are now dying as a result every day.

My dad without me there that day would never have made to that evening.   ER rooms in BC are beyond belief. 

The only answer is more funding.   We simply can not deny our citizens ER services.  Would a very small user fee of 10.00  encourage people to go to free clinics.. Maybe but user fees are a slippery slope with a government that can NOT be trusted. 

I took my dad to ER  a few years ago.  He was entering into a coma as we did not know it but he had menengitis / to become encephalitis.  He was  79 yrs old at the time.

What i saw shocked me.  I  saw unreal overcrowding.... drug addicts screaming.... babies crying...    Nurses completely overwhelmed....

I got in line with my dad.. watched him just about die in front of me while we patiently waited....   

Then i realized that the nurses had forgotten to enter his info and he was not really in the line...  He began to get close to death in the ER lounge...

I started to lose it but the nurses ( saints ) had no ability to do their jobs.. They were simply overwhelmed.  I have travelled to africa / asia etc and I strongly believe the care my dad got that day was below third world...

Our nurses are awesome. Only a saint could do that job.  The BC government has underfunded Health Care in the is province and people are now dying as a result every day.

My dad without my there that day would never have made to that evening.   ER rooms in BC are beyond belief. 

The only answer is more funding.   We simply can not deny our citizens ER services.  Would a very small user fee of 10.00  encourage people to go to free clinics.. Maybe but user fees are a slippery slope with a government that can NOT be trusted. 

Glad to hear your dad got the help he needed.  We should be paying a fee to use the emerg.  Maybe 10 dollars is too small.  I think a flat fee of 100 dollars, refundable with extended insurance.  That would keep out those who don't contribute.  Then, when people like your dad, who deserve treatment, would not have to wait.  

Did you know that hospital emerg rooms give IV drug users little brown bags full of drugs and drug paraphernalia, no questions asked?  Yup, the drug addict just walks in, and a nurse takes time to give them a drug grab bag.  It's sickening that hard working people, like I'm certain your dad was during his working years, have to wait so those who don't contribute get care.  There will come a time, as our population continues to age, where we just will not be able to afford to care for everyone.  

Archived