The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) 10 Potential Top-6 Forward Targets

luongotv

13 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

I'm all for buying low on Grigorenko and Duclair after the expansion draft has taken place, no point getting either of them before since the team will have enough forwards to protect as is.  As well, I'd say yes to getting Duclair if it means management isn't sold on Virtanen moving forward, since both those young guns have offensive potential and I'd say no to getting Anthony if Jake finally shows signs of coming into his own.

Would be nice to swap for Mikhail with one of our non-exempt D-men (Sbisa?).  The Av's fan site did say that they want to add to their 21-year-old core but it makes no sense for Vancouver to trade say, Hutton for a guy who 1) again needs protection and 2) hasn't come into his own as a center when the team should be looking to shore up the offense up the middle.  If the team could get both for a D-man and say a 2nd for Anthony I'd say that's a coup.

As of now, I don't see the other big-name guys coming over (Kane might be the exception in this case).  At least I hope management doesn't stupidly rip a hole in their young depth to get a big-ticket guy when the team as a whole isn't ready to contend yet.  P.S. props to OP for the effort to write his post.  

Totally agree with you on Grigorenko and Duclair.  Both of these guys value is low right now and both have the upside that the Canucks need. 

21 hours ago, KKnight said:

Domi is having kind of a down year, but could you imagine him and BO??? 

Its known they need a Dman on the right side. Tanev would probably be a starting point. 

If they want Tanev I'd only do an even swap, 1 for 1

20 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Domi and Bo would be amazing and fun to watch. ARI would want a lot for him though. So much that Benning wouldn't bite.

I don't think Domi is worth more then Tanev, even if Ari thinks so, I would say there mistaken

Archived