The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks interested in Harvard senior Alexander Kerfoot

Ossi Vaananen

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Cough...

Justin-Schultz.jpg

Different situation. Defenseman vs forward.

We had a crowded blueline at that time and he saw more opportunity for minutes in Edmonton. Right now there is lots of opporunity for any young forward up front on our current roster, as exhibited by Megna getting first unit powerplay time.

How about him AND Aston-Reese?

Allow us to go off the board with high risk forwards?

Have to admit, would be nice if the draft/free agency gods would smile on us for a few seasons.

As well, the moment he leaves the NJ organization and comes to us...as always, the league will close that loophole and Boeser/Gaudette will have no choice to sign with us.  After all, cannot have the Canucsk benefitting from things like "the luongo rule" "coaches for picks" etc

meaning things the league found a way to penalize us for or stop anyone from benefiting after we had

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

Does anyone know when NCAA players are free to sign? Just wondering if thats before or after the NHL draft.

August. So, after the draft and after Free Agent Frenzy but just before training camp starts.

If Gaudette opts for a third year at Northeastern... Alexander Kerfoot signing here makes a lot of sense. He'd be a good fit as the 4th line centre. Definitely give us depth and can see him wanting to come home.... and there's room on the Canucks roster for him to sign here and actually have a legit chance of cracking the NHL roster.

41 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Different situation. Defenseman vs forward.

We had a crowded blueline at that time and he saw more opportunity for minutes in Edmonton. Right now there is lots of opporunity for any young forward up front on our current roster, as exhibited by Megna getting first unit powerplay time.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with your assessment.

However, it wouldn't shock me if it played out in a similar fashion. Because Canucks.

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Ya, from the same point in the article, #28. Scouts actually reached out to Friedman to mention this guy, Neal Pionk. 

Really good numbers, part of a very good program, and he's from Minnesota (great hockey roots). Also a former teammate of Boeser's for a short period of time.

Sign me up!

Archived