The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iceland's President has Sparked Global Showdown on Pineapple Pizza; What's Your Stance?

Phil_314

Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Apricot said:

This. 10000000000000000000000000000% this. 

No really? Anchovies - real ones, not that horrible paste - are awesome. Let one melt in some olive oil and add it to a pasta sauce next time, its fantastic. 

Ham, bacon, pineapple, jalapenos, fresh garlic, cheese, roasted tomato sauce.

Take the pineapple off of that pie and you're missing the sweet balance off of the salty and spicy. I mean I'd eat it since I don't like wasting food, but I'd come pretty damn close to throwing it in the trash.

I love how hard Canadians defend pineapple as an ingredient when we couldn't grow one here to save our lives. 

1 minute ago, S'all Good Man said:

No really? Anchovies - real ones, not that horrible paste - are awesome. Let one melt in some olive oil and add it to a pasta sauce next time, its fantastic. 

I'd rather put brussel sprouts on pizza than those salty anchovies nasties.  :sadno:

Damn right brother, people should try real anchovies instead of the salt licks most crap pie shops try to pass as a topping. They are awesome. I love the pickled white ones on a caesar salad, or any dark one packed in olive oil with garlic and peppers. Damn, they are legit.

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Ham, bacon, pineapple, jalapenos, fresh garlic, cheese, roasted tomato sauce.

Take the pineapple off of that pie and you're missing the sweet balance off of the salty and spicy. I mean I'd eat it since I don't like wasting food, but I'd come pretty damn close to throwing it in the trash.

I love how hard Canadians defend pineapple as an ingredient when we couldn't grow one here to save our lives. 

Its the genius of the combo. We're innovators. 

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Damn right brother, people should try real anchovies instead of the salt licks most crap pie shops try to pass as a topping. They are awesome. I love the pickled white ones on a caesar salad, or any dark one packed in olive oil with garlic and peppers. Damn, they are legit.

+100

You have to get them in oil in a tin, not in a tube or whatever that salt crap you're talking about is supposed to be. If people want to try a real one go to Cioffi's on Hastings or Bosa Foods and get the real deal. 

I need to start a foodie thread on CDC. So many misconceptions. 

Do it.  That would be fun for sure.  I bet most posters would hate both anchovies and brussel sprouts.  :lol:  I wonder, of the two, which would be hated more?  I'm guessing the little salty nasties.  B)

Just now, Alflives said:

Do it.  That would be fun for sure.  I bet most posters would hate both anchovies and brussel sprouts.  :lol:  I wonder, of the two, which would be hated more?  I'm guessing the little salty nasties.  B)

The problem is people don't know how to cook spouts. They boil the flavour out of them until they are sour little crap balls. Try this Alf and tell me you don't love it: just cut them in half, put olive oil on them, some salt and pepper and roast them for 15 minutes at 425. You won't believe how good they are. 

3 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

The problem is people don't know how to cook spouts. They boil the flavour out of them until they are sour little crap balls. Try this Alf and tell me you don't love it: just cut them in half, put olive oil on them, some salt and pepper and roast them for 15 minutes at 425. You won't believe how good they are. 

Had them like that.  Even with bacon, still inedible.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Can I dunk the in melted garlic butter and cheese too?  :lol:

I'll get Mrs. Alf to cook up a batch, as you described...(when hell freezes over). Kidding.  I'll ask her:)

2 hours ago, theminister said:

You know where fruit doesn't belong?

In beer.

There. I said it.

A well made sour beer wouldn't be the same without it though. Other than that, I agree.

56 minutes ago, brilac said:

Many have different taste.  I really like pineapple on pizza.  I also like bacon, chicken, avocado, seafood, and egg on pizza with many cheeses.

Oh my God. Pancetta, alfredo, thinly sliced sweet onion, fresh basil, and an egg cracked in the center so the whites are cooked but the yolk is soft, parmesan on top when it leaves the oven. Aside from the basil it's basically a carbonara on thin crust. If I put Dungeness crab on there too may weep with satisfied joy each and every bite. 

1 hour ago, S'all Good Man said:

I need to start a foodie thread on CDC. So many misconceptions. 

Do it. I'll talk some trash in there. Tonight I smoked some pork sausages and put them on a toasted bun with homemade kimchi, mustard, grilled zucchini and onions. In the past when I made my kimchi extra spicy I've put fresh pineapple in it to balance out the salty and spicy. Hella good on many things.

Archived