The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iceland's President has Sparked Global Showdown on Pineapple Pizza; What's Your Stance?

Phil_314

Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

50 minutes ago, Green Building said:

A well made sour beer wouldn't be the same without it though. Other than that, I agree.

Oh my God. Pancetta, alfredo, thinly sliced sweet onion, fresh basil, and an egg cracked in the center so the whites are cooked but the yolk is soft, parmesan on top when it leaves the oven. Aside from the basil it's basically a carbonara on thin crust. If I put Dungeness crab on there too may weep with satisfied joy each and every bite. 

Do it. I'll talk some trash in there. Tonight I smoked some pork sausages and put them on a toasted bun with homemade kimchi, mustard, grilled zucchini and onions. In the past when I made my kimchi extra spicy I've put fresh pineapple in it to balance out the salty and spicy. Hella good on many things.

I knew one day I'd find class on CDC. 

19 minutes ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Hawaiian pizza is my favourite.  I heard Moj ranting about it on 1040, his argument was that you don't put other fruits on pizza, so why pineapple?  All I have to say is Sweet and Sour Boneless Pork.  Pineapple is amazing and versatile.  I would also add pizza sauce is made from a fruit, but now I'm just being obtuse. 

Moj must be an idiot. Tomato sauce is one of the main ingredients on most pizzas. Tomatoes are a fruit.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Considering The Hawaiian pizza was a Canadian invention, I'm going to have to stick with my countrymen. :P

It's been my favourite pizza since I was a little kid - and it still is, The Pineapple is a great balance for the salty ham/bacon.

Besides, Grapes(wine) and Cheese go together, so why can't Cheese and Pineapple?!

100 % yes. 

Pineapple Pizza is as Canadian  5 PIN bowling and the Robertson Screw.....

Pizza , Bowling and Screw   ....   I say    YESSSS to all of them...  preferably same night....   A Surrey Hat-trick......

6 hours ago, theminister said:

You know where fruit doesn't belong?

In beer.

There. I said it.

You keep your opinion, I'll stick with my Grapefruit Growler thank you very much.

6 hours ago, yoshiyoshi said:

i dont like pineapple on pizza, and i dont even like pizza that had pineapple on it and then removed.

it's as bad as mushrooms

LOL you don't like mushrooms on your pizza either?  Good thing I don't know you in person, so many foods we can't share :lol:

5 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Yeah, Japanese pizza is awesome. Pricy, but awesome. 

What's it like, and what do people put on it?  Never got around to having it while I was in Tokyo.

@S'all Good Man, you should start the thread!  Looking for some food inspirations.

44 minutes ago, Phil_314 said:

What's it like, and what do people put on it?  Never got around to having it while I was in Tokyo.

Keep in mind this is Pizza Hut, so it's not nearly the best of the best and fairly tame, but feast your eyes on this menu:

https://pizzahut.jp/pc/pizza_menu/?link_id=chd_pzz

One is: "Potato & Mayo Sausage," "Margherita," "Super Korean Purukogi" and "Seafood Mix" all in one.

Even the sides are great.

9 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Keep in mind this is Pizza Hut, so it's not nearly the best of the best and fairly tame, but feast your eyes on this menu:

One is: "Potato & Mayo Sausage," "Margherita," "Super Korean Purukogi" and "Seafood Mix" all in one.

That's $30+ for the most mediums. Jesus, lol.

16 hours ago, Raymond Luxury Yacht said:

Hawaiian pizza is my favourite.  I heard Moj ranting about it on 1040, his argument was that you don't put other fruits on pizza, so why pineapple?  All I have to say is Sweet and Sour Boneless Pork.  Pineapple is amazing and versatile.  I would also add pizza sauce is made from a fruit, but now I'm just being obtuse. 

Pear is also very tasty on pizza with the right accompaniments. Olives and artichoke....also fruits ;) What Moj doesn't know could fill an ocean.

For me, I actually prefer pineapple on my pizza when paired with a nicely cured, thinly sliced prosciutto vs Canadian back bacon. Highly recommend.

Roasted garlic mashed right in with the tomato sauce, caramelized onion, bell pepper, spinach, olives (kalamata), thin sliced cherry tomatoes, pineapple, feta and prosciutto (on top so it crisps) with some fresh basil on top after it comes out of the oven. Yes please. Sliced artichoke hearts, optional.

2 hours ago, g_bassi13 said:

That's $30+ for the most mediums. Jesus, lol.

http://www.stevestonpizza.com/menu-english/

Scroll down to the last item on the menu. $850 pizza my friend.

10 hours ago, StealthNuck said:

Whoever thought of putting EGGPLANT and BROCCOLI on pizza?  Now that needs its own discussion.

Like bologna it is something I could tolerate as a kid but could never eat that now.  Plus I have given up on the fatty foods so no more pizza unless I make it myself.  One thing I use to make but never see is pasta on pizza and sandwiches, like a spaghetti sandwich or four cheese tortellini on pizza.  I know it's been done but I have yet to see it, probably because it is heartburn central. 

Archived