The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Iceland's President has Sparked Global Showdown on Pineapple Pizza; What's Your Stance?

Phil_314

Pineapple on pizza: Yes or no?  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm so gonna go against the grain here.

I like pineapple with cottage cheese... but pizza?  It just takes up space that should be for more meat or more cheese.  Pineapple can be too sweet.... if I want something sweet tasting, I'd go for a dessert.  Pineapple pretty much overpowers everything else on the pizza.  

I'm not a fan of pineapple on pizza (unless it's free... I never complain about free stuff).

#notonmypizza

3 hours ago, Lancaster said:

I like pineapple with cottage cheese... but pizza?  It just takes up space that should be for more meat or more cheese.  Pineapple can be too sweet.... if I want something sweet tasting, I'd go for a dessert.  Pineapple pretty much overpowers everything else on the pizza.  

The key is to balance the flavours. Too much pineapple and I agree, it's not good. Especially on top of the already somewhat sweet tomato sauce.

You need the salt of the ham/olives/feta and just enough sweet from a sprinkling of pineapple to balance. Get it right and yummmmmm.

Fresh pineapple on pizza is the best has a more tangy taste than the canned sugar dole pineapple you get from most places.put the pineapple on the top of your pizza when you bake it not under the crust and it will get a little brown and taste alot better.

I worked in a pizza place when I was going to college and I have tried a lot of different pizza. Def for pineapple on pizza. 

Alfredo sauce base with spicy chicken back bacon and pineapple. 

Also italian dressing for a base with mozza, feta, back bacon, diced jalapenos and some fresh parm after.

1 hour ago, LarsEller said:

I worked in a pizza place when I was going to college and I have tried a lot of different pizza. Def for pineapple on pizza. 

Alfredo sauce base with spicy chicken back bacon and pineapple. 

Also italian dressing for a base with mozza, feta, back bacon, diced jalapenos and some fresh parm after.

If you've never tried it...

Use peanut satay sauce instead of regular pizza sauce, with chicken, fresh basil, red onion, feta, and pineapple.

It's unbelievably good and will make you re-think what pizza can be.

Archived