The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van/Ott(Proposal-Spitball)

Eriksson for Bobby Ryan(7.25 mill..brutal, yeah)

So Ott retains say, 750k to even it out.

Ryan's 29 yo..they both have 5 yrs left of their diabolical deals.

Since Ryan's injured & they need bodies, they throw in a better prospect(eg:Chlapik) we throw in some dud like Grenier.

Essentially we'd have Bobby Ryan for 5 yrs of 6.5 mill. That, & upgrade a prospect.

Tired of the Swedish spin-cycle. Need a new approach...

Yea or nay?

30 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Eriksson for Bobby Ryan(7.25 mill..brutal, yeah)

So Ott retains say, 750k to even it out.

Ryan's 29 yo..they both have 5 yrs left of their diabolical deals.

Since Ryan's injured & they need bodies, they throw in a better prospect(eg:Chlapik) we throw in some dud like Grenier.

Essentially we'd have Bobby Ryan for 5 yrs of 6.5 mill. That, & upgrade a prospect.

Tired of the Swedish spin-cycle. Need a new approach...

Yea or nay?

I'd take Ryan for sure. I doubt Ott takes Erickson tho

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I remember hearing about Ryan's home life as a kid, and it was not easy for him.  He seems like a really nice person.  I have no trouble welcoming him to the Canucks.  Is he any good still though?

I'd say both teams are whistling past the mistaken-graveyard, Alfy. Zombies are scarier than you, ferGawdsakes!

Ott made a lousy trade; we, a questionable signing.

After this, Sbisa to Edm for a 2nd(their D is gettin hit!)

Let's open up cap, & get expansion-kosher, toot-sweet!

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

I'd say both teams are whistling past the mistaken-graveyard, Alfy. Zombies are scarier than you, ferGawdsakes!

Ott made a lousy trade; we, a questionable signing.

After this, Sbisa to Edm for a 2nd(their D is gettin hit!)

Let's open up cap, & get expansion-kosher, toot-sweet!

Sign this furry butted alien up for a BIG trade deadline for the Canucks:)

Okay, I texted my brother in law (In Ottawa, Sens fan) and he told me to (abr) "f**k off."

So I texted him a link to the page....

We might have a new CDC'er in a few mins! 

We'll all know it's him because he'll be all riled up about your proposal. 

Spoiler

If he shows up here, ask him what makes him more angry - 1) Being born without buttocks, and never successfully developing any. 2) Having the same hair cut as he did as a newborn, or 3) NFA's trade proposal.  

He's right though. Great idea, for us, but doesn't make sense for the Sens, long term.

1 hour ago, luckylager said:

Okay, I texted my brother in law (In Ottawa, Sens fan) and he told me to (abr) "f**k off."

So I texted him a link to the page....

We might have a new CDC'er in a few mins! 

We'll all know it's him because he'll be all riled up about your proposal. 

Hide contents

If he shows up here, ask him what makes him more angry - 1) Being born without buttocks, and never successfully developing any. 2) Having the same hair cut as he did as a newborn, or 3) NFA's trade proposal.  

He's right though. Great idea, for us, but doesn't make sense for the Sens, long term.

Fair enough Lucky. Tbh, it's an idea I saw on HFboards about a wk back. Most proposals I like to dream up, but as you know, I mostly just throw them all on here for discussion & various tweaks/recommendations.

I'd do it, hope J.B. pushes hard for it.

Even throw in a pick to make it happen please!  His size, strength and shot should make him a good running mate for Hank, and given how he's younger we would likely be able to get a couple more good years from him than from Loui.  For those reasons alone I think this move should take place. 

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Fair enough Lucky. Tbh, it's an idea I saw on HFboards about a wk back. Most proposals I like to dream up, but as you know, I mostly just throw them all on here for discussion & various tweaks/recommendations.

You read HF! Gross!!

I flipped the pages once upon a time, said to myself "gtfo" then made another pass a few weeks later thinking it must have been a bad day... Nope.

That site is a nega-tor; so much wtf going on there I didn't even start an account and haven't read again. Doom gloom death anger destruction and intense hatred, all focussed on hockey players. Weak sauce.

Maybe I'm soft or something, but that site bummed me out. Too much negativity on all fronts.

I thought you were respectable, decent, a whimsical man of class! Really disappointed right now. ;-)

37 minutes ago, luckylager said:

You read HF! Gross!!

I flipped the pages once upon a time, said to myself "gtfo" then made another pass a few weeks later thinking it must have been a bad day... Nope.

That site is a nega-tor; so much wtf going on there I didn't even start an account and haven't read again. Doom gloom death anger destruction and intense hatred, all focussed on hockey players. Weak sauce.

Maybe I'm soft or something, but that site bummed me out. Too much negativity on all fronts.

I thought you were respectable, decent, a whimsical man of class! Really disappointed right now. ;-)

On HF, you're wiser than I..no doubt, it's a negative troll-fest. But the Utica blokes(Van's page) give pretty good insights. Also the trades & rumours page, you get some context on how each team's fanbase view their perimeter guys & prospects. Being out of continent, it's hard to keep abreast of the young, emerging talent, around the league.

Akin to perusing the daily NYT's newspaper site. You get the odd bit of interesting social commentary; but take their facts & stats with a grain of salt.

As for your last meandering, wayward comment, not the first time I've been damned with the ol' faint praise..the Missus often warns me I may go back on waivers :^/

Archived