The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Score - Millers contract makes it difficult to move

Nucksfansince91

1 minute ago, Iced Canucks said:

I was thinking Dallas (it's about a 2.5 hour flight to LA), but obviously not a deadline candidate with us

Lindy Ruff (frmr. long time coach of Miller) was rumoured to be interested in Miller earlier this year.  So I think you're correct with Dallas.

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Doesn't mean that they aren't listed on Miller's contract.

Miller is a free agent this year so he could sign there in summer. I don't see why he would waive to go there right now i think he would want to be a number 1 goalie on a playoff contender... which leads right into being no market for him.

1 minute ago, Westcoasting said:

Miller is a free agent this year so he could sign there in summer. I don't see why he would waive to go there right now i think he would want to be a number 1 goalie on a playoff contender... which leads right into being no market for him.

He's asked for 5 team names.  Chances are he chooses the 5 closest to LA barring Phoenix.  The details are of no concern to him.  They are only a concern to the Canucks.

I think you guys are out to lunch on his 5 teams. Does he want to play in California? Yes, but he probably wants a cup more. He can always sign next season on a California team, but this is probably his last real chance to chase a cup, I'll be surprised if he doesn't fill his list with heavyweight teams regardless of their location.

1 minute ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I think you guys are out to lunch on his 5 teams. Does he want to play in California? Yes, but he probably wants a cup more. He can always sign next season on a California team, but this is probably his last real chance to chase a cup, I'll be surprised if he doesn't fill his list with heavyweight teams regardless of their location.

Yeah, but which contending team needs him and would be willing to pay a price for him?  He needs to be realistic and I'm sure he realizes that.  He's at the point and age now in his career where all he can do is milk a few million more dollars out of a contract before he retires.  In that regard, you'd rather do the milking as close to home as possible.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Yeah, but which contending team needs him and would be willing to pay a price for him?  He needs to be realistic and I'm sure he realizes that.  He's at the point and age now in his career where all he can do is milk a few million more dollars out of a contract before he retires.  In that regard, you'd rather do the milking as close to home as possible.

Agree to disagree.

3 minutes ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

I think it was LeBrun that said his list was submitted at the start of the season.  

But apparently he has/or will sit down with his agent - so maybe he is willing to extend that list to go to a contender.  As you say he's kind of running out of time.

How?.....How is his contract difficult to move? The Canucks can retain up to $3M and it's only for the rest of the season. Plus every team has a bad contract.

This is a dumb report, if there are NHL teams that actually believe this, they aren't very intelligent or creative.

If it's about Miller not allowing a trade because of his list then the Canucks ought to tell him "look you can either expand your list and you can play on another team in the playoffs, or you can have an early off season. Your choice."

2 minutes ago, mll said:

I think it was LeBrun that said his list was submitted at the start of the season.  

But apparently he has/or will sit down with his agent - so maybe he is willing to extend that list to go to a contender.  As you say he's kind of running out of time.

I didn't know it would be the same list as previous, I assumed he would make a new list now.

Archived