The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van trade with Mtl.

6 minutes ago, Derp... said:

Just thinking like MTL. How would they take that trade?

It depends on what MTL wants. If they want one of the best defensive defenceman in the league then they do it if not then they go another route. I think there's plenty of team interested in Tanev so we hold the cards and I hope Benning knows how to play the game.

2 minutes ago, Sbriggs said:

It depends on what MTL wants. If they want one of the best defensive defenceman in the league then they do it if not then they go another route. I think there's plenty of team interested in Tanev so we hold the cards and I hope Benning knows how to play the game.

Well now, he might be a mumper so maybe they will want to steer clear lol.

Just now, Derp... said:

Well now, he might be a mumper so maybe they will want to steer clear lol.

There not necessarily looking at right now there thinking play offs. Im not sure how long it takes to get rid of the mumps but a month would probably be ok.

Just last week Bergevin specifically said he wouldn't be trading any of his top prospects. Especially one with the upside of Sergachev. 

In addition, Montreal will be protecting Petry Weber and Beaulieu in the expansion draft, so bringing in another D complicates things.  Finally, If they do bring in a top 4 D it will be a LHD to play with Weber, Tanev doesn't fit that bill. 

Montreal's biggest concern right now is jump starting their offence. 

Just now, qwijibo said:

Just last week Bergevin specifically said he wouldn't be trading any of his top prospects. Especially one with the upside of Sergachev. 

In addition, Montreal will be protecting Petry Weber and Beaulieu in the expansion draft, so bringing in another D complicates things.  Finally, If they do bring in a top 4 D it will be a LHD to play with Weber, Tanev doesn't fit that bill. 

Montreal's biggest concern right now is jump starting their offence. 

That's why I suggested Edler.  He could play first pair with Weber, and contribute to their offence too.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's why I suggested Edler.  He could play first pair with Weber, and contribute to their offence too.  

If Bergevin won't move Sergachev for Duchene, (who fits the bill of a player they actually NEED) He certainly won't move him for an aging injury prone defenceman that doesn't solve their primary concern

12 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If Bergiven won't move Sergachec for Duchene, (who fits the bill of a player they actually NEED) He certainly won't move him for an aging injury prone defenceman that doesn't solve their primary concern

The Habs need to replace Markov.

53 minutes ago, canucklehead80 said:

What?

Sorry, I meant that if they want Tanev or Edler we tell them the price if they don't like it then too bad. I'm not saying they don't want Sergachev, I  misspoke, other then if he's on the market or being offered.

11 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That's the Habs playing the trade game.  

Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can react with outrage when nothing happens. Markov is far superior to Edler right now and Sergachev is markocs eventual replacement. Edler doesnt factor into their equation in any way 

1 minute ago, qwijibo said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself so you can react with outrage when nothing happens. Markov is far superior to Edler right now and Sergachev is markocs eventual replacement. Edler doesnt factor into their equation in any way 

So we're stuck with Mr. Stick Breaker?

We probably have to give a bit more than Tanev, maybe Tanev + Hansen + 2nd for Sergachev + late pick (assuming the Habs have cap room)?

The kid is scoring at a point per game in the OHL this year and will probably be good for top-4 AHL minutes next season, still very young though. Grabbing Sergachev gives us one of if not the best young D-man group in the league (Sergachev, Juolevi, Stecher, Tryamkin, Hutton) and makes someone like Hutton very expendable if we want to grab a top-6 scorer.

Another similar type of trade could be made with Pittsburgh for Pouliot, especially considering they just got Hainsey and Pouliot is rotting over there. A trade involving Hansen for Pouliot could definitely work.

9 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We probably have to give a bit more than Tanev, maybe Tanev + Hansen + 2nd for Sergachev + late pick (assuming the Habs have cap room)?

The kid is scoring at a point per game in the OHL this year and will probably be good for top-4 AHL minutes next season, still very young though. Grabbing Sergachev gives us one of if not the best young D-man group in the league (Sergachev, Juolevi, Stecher, Tryamkin, Hutton) and makes someone like Hutton very expendable if we want to grab a top-6 scorer.

Another similar type of trade could be made with Pittsburgh for Pouliot, especially considering they just got Hainsey and Pouliot is rotting over there. A trade involving Hansen for Pouliot could definitely work.

Once again, Bergevin specifically named Sergachev as a player he won't move, even for Duchene.

Archived