The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Joins Team 1040 Feb 24

AlwaysACanuckFan

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Alf is wondering if these Hutton trade rumours are about making space for Olli?  

Maybe our management have also been watching McEneny. It is amazing how many fans that call themselves Canuck fans don't seem to know that Juolevi is still only 19.

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Two weeks in a row Mackenzie drops Hutton's name.  Personally, I'd rather see Edler traded and keep Hutton.

Hutton is exempt and because of that they may be able to land a very good prospect. If they can flip Hutton for a real good young forward prospects then I am all in.

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Hutton is exempt and because of that they may be able to land a very good prospect. If they can flip Hutton for a real good young forward prospects then I am all in.

The forward coming back would likely need to be protected?  Then the return might even be better?

14 minutes ago, appleboy said:

Maybe our management have also been watching McEneny. It is amazing how many fans that call themselves Canuck fans don't seem to know that Juolevi is still only 19.

he's actually still 18 :X why am I back here lol!!!  save me from myself mods!!!

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

we in theory then would lose sbisa if we don't move Hansen. 

If they could convince the twins to be left unexposed then we could pick a good young forward and be able to protect Granlund and a second forward. The twins should step up to the plate.

This could be done in the off season just before the expansion draft.

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

You are right. He was one of the youngest players taken in the draft.

I only know this because I got schooled by senior fluffy pants eariler.  I thought he was eligible for the ahl but I was corrected.   

I love

think Alf is right though.  they are probably trying to clear space for him.  I can't see us rocking guddy, try, and Pedan all at once.  that would be fun to watch but might not be the best all around. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

JB better get his rear in gear and make some trades!  

I wonder if the fear Hansen may get sick speed up the deal. to get him away from other teammate that may have the illness. ^^ anythings possible with the honey badger!

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

The twins should step up to the plate.

I know what you trying to say and I don't want to sound overly critical but this comment annoyed me....the Twins have been stepping up to the plate as you say both on and off the ice for over a decade - imo they owe this franchise/community nothing. 

20 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I know what you trying to say and I don't want to sound overly critical but this comment annoyed me....the Twins have been stepping up to the plate as you say both on and off the ice for over a decade - imo they owe this franchise/community nothing. 

The twins are team guys and also act like they would like to play for a while yet. They know that the youth is where the future is and are also smart enough to no that the chances of Vegas taking one of them with only one year left at  7 mil is slim. It would certainly solve their expansion troubles up front and would allow them to add another young player.

I am not saying that they owe it to the club but it would help the Canucks through a bind.

2 hours ago, Rush17 said:

if there is a situation where we trade edler or Hutton and opt to keep an extra forward in the expansion draft ie Hansen or a young nhl player. (needing protection) and we lose sbisa via expansion draft.  we then sit with openinga. 

-  Stetch

hutton Tanev

Try Guddy

Juolevi 

Pedan

McEneny

Biega

is it conceivable beiga stays on depth or and Juolevi could be one of the first 3 call ups? if Jordan Subban is traded?

if we're looking for an all around good player McEneny and Juolevi would probably be ahead of pedan who has failed to stay in the nhl lineup?  is pedan the issue or has jb treated him unfairly? 

trying to get a sense of things.  if edler goes though do we keep sbisa since he's our best experienced  ld outside of Edler?  we seem kind of lacking on the left side.  I think it's a bigger stretch to have Hutton on the top pairing then Juolevi in the lineup.  sbisa at the moment is 2nd in ice time among d and has I believe the best plus minus rating. (others are mostly all negative last I saw)

sorry for the long winded response. 

This situation will not happen as you say it might...

If we trade Edler then we would likely protect Sbisa, as our third protected defence man. We are not allowed to protect Hansen or another new F, instead of a third D. The expansion rules do not allow that.

This would mean we'd have both Hutton and Sbisa in the line up next season. And only one gap for a new rookie.

D lineup if Edler traded:

Sbisa Tanev

Hutton Guddy

---- Stecher

If we traded Hutton and no other D then we may lose Sbisa to ED, or we may lose a F (likely out of Hansen and Granlund). Worst case is 2 spaces on D

D lineup if Hutton traded and Sbisa lost to ED:

Edler Stecher

---- Tanev

---- Guddy

Archived