The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Joins Team 1040 Feb 24

AlwaysACanuckFan

Hope they get something done though the odds and percentages of doing a deal is about the same as our playoff chances... Sad(crying). But seriously I hope Trader Jim trades the assets we do have which is a luxury on D and ability to move one of Edler, Sbisa, Hutty maybe but don't want Benning to trade him after signing an extension earlier this season for a top 6 forward. If we get a solid depth forward and a high level prospect for one of our D, I'd be pretty elated but the chances of that happening are pretty slim due to the expansion draft. We're only going to lose one player so it's not really going to hurt. Burrows and Hansen are a hot commodity and I'd try to squeeze contenders who want them to give them a lot as a package say a 2nd and a prospect for Burr. As long as we get better for the future, I will be pumped 

21 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Hope they get something done though the odds and percentages of doing a deal is about the same as our playoff chances... Sad(crying). But seriously I hope Trader Jim trades the assets we do have which is a luxury on D and ability to move one of Edler, Sbisa, Hutty maybe but don't want Benning to trade him after signing an extension earlier this season for a top 6 forward. If we get a solid depth forward and a high level prospect for one of our D, I'd be pretty elated but the chances of that happening are pretty slim due to the expansion draft. We're only going to lose one player so it's not really going to hurt. Burrows and Hansen are a hot commodity and I'd try to squeeze contenders who want them to give them a lot as a package say a 2nd and a prospect for Burr. As long as we get better for the future, I will be pumped 

I love Burr, but there is no chance in hell we get a 2nd and a prospect for him. 

"you know , its  like , really hard to make deals in todays N.H.L " 

"We really like the young talent we have coming up "

"We are , like , talking to some guys about teams they would waive to but like i said before its , like , hard to make trades in todays N.H.L "  

benning has been on the phones every day for long hours trying to make trades. that has already been reported. can he find a suitable trade? only time will tell. those who have never ran a team will say making trades are easy and benning is a fool if he can't make any. no one says, thanks jim for the hours you spent on the phone trying to make deals. so i'll be the lone wolf and say thanks jim. 

1 hour ago, Darius71 said:

Hes gonna say that if they go on a 5 game winning streak they will be right back in it....

This is the interesting part..will he concede that the Canucks are sellers?....Its a real fork in the road for this management, as the retool has failed...Its clear to everyone now, that propping up the Sedins for another playoff push just isn't going to happen...

To be fair to Benning and the Canucks, Pierre Lebrun did talk about how it might be difficult for any team to make a trade with the expansion draft coming up. He suggests waiting until June to judge the moves GMs make/don't make. I am giving the Canucks the benefit of the doubt until then.

12 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

benning has been on the phones every day for long hours trying to make trades. that has already been reported. can he find a suitable trade? only time will tell. those who have never ran a team will say making trades are easy and benning is a fool if he can't make any. no one says, thanks jim for the hours you spent on the phone trying to make deals. so i'll be the lone wolf and say thanks jim. 

He's doing what he can, he's got the NTC lists and now we'll see if there's a buyer at any price. But trading Hansen for nothing and getting a 5th rounder back would be stupid. 

6 minutes ago, Honky Cat said:

This is the interesting part..will he concede that the Canucks are sellers?....Its a real fork in the road for this management, as the retool has failed...Its clear to everyone now, that propping up the Sedins for another playoff push just isn't going to happen...

Its such a fine line.   Imagine for a moment if Benning had a little luck.  If Canucks won Laine in the draft lottery and if Jake was looking like a 20 goal scorer.  How different would the outlook be right now if those two things happened?  Oilers won McDavid from the 28th spot and Winnipeg won Laine even though they finished ahead of the Canucks.  

This org needs some friggen luck.  Im convinced they were jinxed back in '72 when vancouver fans booed Team Canada!  Someone call the voodoo doctor and find a spotted white goat!

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Not sure why Benning is subjecting himself to this right now. I see that he's chosen the best possible time slot though. Avoided those immense douchebags Sekeres and Price, and complete morons Blow Jake and Scat.

hopefully will hear more.  if he says we are not shopping Hansen my brains gonna melt. just stick with we are getting calls on him. we are open to the idea of moving him if the right players become avaliable.  

play your words right jimbo~!

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

Its such a fine line.   Imagine for a moment if Benning had a little luck.  If Canucks won Laine in the draft lottery and if Jake was looking like a 20 goal scorer.  How different would the outlook be right now if those two things happened?  Oilers won McDavid from the 28th spot and Winnipeg won Laine even though they finished ahead of the Canucks.  

This org needs some friggen luck.  Im convinced they were jinxed back in '72 when vancouver fans booed Team Canada!  Someone call the voodoo doctor and find a spotted white goat!

They were jinxed before that.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/classic-clip-spin-of-the-wheel/c-530854

Since Draft1, Day 1. No offense to Dale Tallon

Archived