AlwaysACanuckFan

Jim Benning Joins Team 1040 Feb 24

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Heads up, Benning is scheduled to join Team 1040 at 2:10PM. I will add  notes etc as they become available, stay tuned!!

Maybe it's to announce a BIG trade?  Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

The whole interview will be Benning dancing around answering anything concrete. He'll give the usual "we're looking for a top 6 scoring winger"

My guess is that Benning will say "We are going to try to get some draft picks and prospects so we can be real gud in the future". And thats it.

Hes gonna say that if they go on a 5 game winning streak they will be right back in it....

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

"we're looking for a top 6 scoring winger"

9 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

"We are going to try to get some draft picks and prospects so we can be real gud in the future".

...and stuff.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, brownky said:

"So we've been scouting some guys, they look real good, we like what we see, Virtanen is becoming a better player and learning, We haven't asked anybody to waive yet, We've got some calls from some teams, and Miller is really solid this year"

Thanks for your time Jim Benning.

Is that you, Jim? Certainly sounds like you.

• Upvote 1

Sorry no deals at the TDL this year...

Benning then states 1 or 2 of these...

Sun was in  my eyes so could not answer my phone yesterday.......

Car would not start so could not get in the office to get it done...

Family emergency - dog very  sick..... may not make it...... just had to stay home the last couple of weeks... we have no cell reception and our internet was not working 

Or the classic -    Airline lost Grandma's body shipping it back for the funeral ......

• Upvote 1

He can't name names, he can't name teams he's talking with, he can't really say anything substantial or probably won't say something we don't already know.

• Upvote 4

53 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Maybe it's to announce a BIG trade?  Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

45 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

He's just going to talk about his plans this week... calm down bro LOL

36 minutes ago, TimberWolf said:

It's just to preload the excuses of why he did nothing at the TDL :lol:

17 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The whole interview will be Benning dancing around answering anything concrete. He'll give the usual "we're looking for a top 6 scoring winger"

11 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

My guess is that Benning will say "We are going to try to get some draft picks and prospects so we can be real gud in the future". And thats it.

10 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Hes gonna say that if they go on a 5 game winning streak they will be right back in it....

Interesting predictions. I'm going with @Darius71.

Most of the playoff prediction websites have the Canucks' probability of making the playoffs in the low single digits -- somewhere between 2% and 6%. But I don't think Benning will give up hope of being the worst the team in the playoffs.

One way of looking at the predictions is as follows. The final playoff spot right now is held by Calgary. They are 8 pts ahead and Vancouver has one game in hand. Calgary holds the tiebreak advantage. Assuming Calgary plays at about 50% for their next 6 games, the Canucks could catch Calgary if they win the next 7 in a row while Calgary gets 6 pts in 6 games. Both teams would then have 15 games left and the Canucks would be one pt. ahead (72 pts. vs. 71 pts). That is approximately what the Canucks would need to do sometime in the rest of the season. What is the chance of winning 7 games in a row or doing something similar (like 8 out of 9 or 10 out of 12) at any time in the rest of the season? Maybe about 2% or 3%. That is worse than the chance (in poker) of drawing to an inside straight with one card to go ("on the river").

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

He can't name names, he can't name teams he's talking with, he can't really say anything substantial or probably won't say something we don't already know.

yeah its very limiting. it's kind of risky. if the talk show hosts bring up you did nothing last year can u assure us something will be done?

that will instantly put added pressure on Jim and weaken his hand.  hope they keep it simple and Jim doesn't say to much.

I'm scared every time he opens his mouth... please no more tampering Benning!