The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

Painful testicular inflammation develops in 15–40 percent of men who have completed puberty and contract the mumps virus.[8] This testicular inflammation is generally one-sided (both testicles are swollen in 15–30 percent of mumps orchitis cases) and typically occurs about 10 days after the parotid gland inflamed.[8] Testicular swelling has been documented as late as six weeks after parotid gland swelling.

Ouch. Would make skating a joyous experience im sure 

9 minutes ago, LM11 said:

This could ruin our chances of trading Burrows, Hansen and Miller.  No team will want to risk it. 

Only in Vancouver. You are right this could shoot the trade deadline down for us. An entire trade deadline ruined by the mumps.

17 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Hmmm, league schedules us out of the line up for an entire week, suspiciously, at the same time players develop disease.

Conspiracy theory to be submitted.... 

This one is easy...they are tanking of course ;).

Just now, cuporbust said:

Painful testicular inflammation develops in 15–40 percent of men who have completed puberty and contract the mumps virus.[8] This testicular inflammation is generally one-sided (both testicles are swollen in 15–30 percent of mumps orchitis cases) and typically occurs about 10 days after the parotid gland inflamed.[8] Testicular swelling has been documented as late as six weeks after parotid gland swelling.

Ouch. 

Yeah it's a tough go for adult males, my brother had it at 40 he was in pain wit a set of grapefruits between his legs.

48 minutes ago, WiseOne said:

While I am generally pro-vaccines (except the flu shot), they do not make a person indestructible.

The MMR vaccine makes it so you don't get the measles, mumps, or rubella.  It's been very effective for decades.

*edit*  In a quote further down I clarify that the mumps portion of the vaccine is on average 88% effective.

1 minute ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Get the flu shot too...It gives you a level of protection

Also I think this allows us to fall a couple spots, Hansen and Burrows are well so they can still be traded. We can still trade Edler if we like to COL

I don't want to turn this thread into a vaccination thread, but the proof of what you are saying is very minimal and debatable.

2 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

The MMR vaccine makes it so you don't get the measles, mumps, or rubella.  It's been very effective for decades.

I am not questioning the impact it has had on the human race, rather there are still cases where even people with the vaccine can still contract them, just to a lesser degree.

Archived