The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Won't affect anything.

The TDL is 5 days away. Everyone will be fine by then. 

If I was the GM of a contending team, I wouldn't take the chance of trading for a middle of the pack player from a team with a mumps outbreak. 

12 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

First off, check the statistics and you'll find that most people who get things like measles and mumps HAVE been vaccinated.  Second, there has never been any proof that any vaccine works; in fact the narrative that you need a "booster" only proves that.  The creation of antibodies is not immunity, it is simply your body's natural response to being exposed to a foreign entity.  If you contract a disease naturally through normal vectors (nose, throat), you will gain life-long immunity because your body naturally fights it off and remembers.  Inciting an unnatural reaction via injecting antigens into tissues, which bypasses the front-end of the immune system, causes a disproportionate humoral response in the creation of antibodies while simultaneously suppressing the cellular aspect of the immune system, which is the part which actually resolves viruses and gives real immunity.  This is why kids who get chicken pox vaccines get the actual disease in their teens -- the virus keeps circulating in your body because it never gets fully resolved.  The flu shot is perhaps the worst of all -- anyone who got it the year before H1N1 was twice as likely to contract it.  This was originally reported by Canadian scientists and later validated by other nations.

Vaccines actually weaken your immune system -- if you wonder why, simply read the package insert and see what's in them, then ask yourself what in there is nutritional or actually beneficial to the human body.  Third, if vaccines actually worked, then it is completely irrelevant if anyone around you has had them or not.  That is pure illogical nonsense.  We are constantly hosting and resolving viruses without realizing it as it is, including cancer.

Go ahead, parrot the government and big pharma all you like, but investigate the science and the numbers if you actually want to know the facts.  But remember, should you ever get injured by a vaccine, they are the only industry given legal immunity from lawsuits.  Hopefully that alone makes one think.

As for the Canucks situation, if the players had been exposed to the mumps at a young age this wouldn't have been a problem.  When we grew up, we were put with other kids who had things like mumps and chicken pox, went through them, and gained life-long immunity as a result.

Image result for smallpox child

This is smallpox.  Smallpox has been eradicated because of vaccines that apparently don't work.

Image result for polio child

This is Polio.  Also gone thanks to vaccinations that "don't work"

Just don't.  Keep it about hockey not your hippy dippy anti vaccination nonsense.  Unless you can prove 100% they don't work, just don't.  Because of vaccinations we don't see images like these as commonplace anymore and that is a damned good thing.

So unless you can provide PROOF that isn't derived from Jenny mcarthy just don't.  Because NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer from these issues and you should be damned frigging glad about that and shaking the hand of a gd scientist every time you meet one and saying thank you.

Now keep it to hockey, not hokey new age crap that every scientist biologist and doctor worth the title has laughed at resoundingly k.

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Try not to let the door hit you in the ass on your way out.

That's a tad rude. Been a hard road with this team. I'm just venting.

I'll complain a bit and then cut a $12,000 cheque for my tickets again.

And the door can"t hit me in the ass since I've been holding the door open for band wagon folks for a long time.

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

This is smallpox.  Smallpox has been eradicated because of vaccines that apparently don't work.

Just don't.  Keep it about hockey not your hippy dippy anti vaccination nonsense.  Unless you can prove 100% they don't work, just don't.  Because of vaccinations we don't see images like these as commonplace anymore and that is a damned good thing.

So unless you can provide PROOF that isn't derived from Jenny mcarthy just don't.  Because NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer from these issues and you should be damned frigging glad about that and shaking the hand of a gd scientist every time you meet one and saying thank you.

Now keep it to hockey, not hokey new age crap that every scientist biologist and doctor worth the title has laughed at resoundingly k.

Well said.

3 minutes ago, ice orca said:

No keep the card it's friggin hilarious, that's one of the reasons i love this sad sack franchise. When they do get a cup i will bust out of the grave and raise my boney maggot eaten arm.

Return of the Living Fan

lol

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Big pharma would make far more money without vaccines.  Think of all the polio victims.....

I believe in the large majority of vaccines, but vaccines for polio and the like were created before Big Pharma became big and greedy.

4 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Yeah Crosby caught the mumps in 2014...... right after he got his booster shot

so he is a non/poor responder.  among people getting two doses, 3/100 will still get the disease, albeit maybe less severe. 

vaccines are like drugs, it is not 100%.  Just because it didn't prevent every case, is proof that it doesn't work. That's the falsehood people trying to spread.  as a public health policy, it has tremendously helped without a doubt.

Each individual vaccines though, are not equally effective, and depending on the individual getting it, they may or may not get protection from it.  that is where the debate it, not vaccine as a concept itself. 

I'm not too worried about the TDL. It's still a few days away and the players that have symptoms, aren't being traded anyway. I'm sure they're quarantined from the rest of the team. Players that will be traded will be most likely for the playoffs. That's still almost 2 months away. JB better not use this as an excuse not to get something done.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Image result for polio child

eww that small pox picture is gross :( I deliberately didnt open my Microbiology lecture slides when I knew we were talking about small pox LOL 

I wonder who would still trade with us now.. 

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

so he is a non/poor responder.  among people getting two doses, 3/100 will still get the disease, albeit maybe less severe. 

vaccines are like drugs, it is not 100%.  Just because it didn't prevent every case, is proof that it doesn't work. That's the falsehood people trying to spread.  as a public health policy, it has tremendously helped without a doubt.

Each individual vaccines though, are not equally effective, and depending on the individual getting it, they may or may not get protection from it.  that is where the debate it, not vaccine as a concept itself. 

The point was, the very thing that was supposed to protect him, is what made him sick. Getting a shot and then getting the illness it's supposed to protect you from immediately afterwards is not a coincidence. 

Anyway. I'm out on this. It;s gonna turn into a big $#@ show in here 

The players have the best doctors money can buy. they'll all be fine in a few days and life will go on. 

Archived