The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Several Canucks players battling with mumps

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, beni said:

Naturopathic doctors you have spoken to? Just curious.

Allopaths as well.  One nurse I know who is pro-vaccine told me that one of the flu shots from 2011 or so had a major recall but they never told the public. The key difference is in all of this is whether people will simply believe what they're told without question, or actually investigate for themselves.  A starting point is as basic as just reading the package inserts, then thinking.

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Fallacy of assertion, prejudicial conjecture, and simple mindless thoughtless parroting of propaganda.  If you actually did research for yourself you'd at least have something to stand upon, rather than just bleating out the propaganda you've been fed all your life and believed because "authority" said so.  It's like you read it from a big pharma brochure -- how 'bout that "can of tuna"?

You simply assume vaccines work and make a blank baseless assertion, yet know nothing of the real history behind diseases and their eradication.  Go look up actual government statistics correlated with vaccine introduction and see for yourself.  You are so inculcated with presumptions you are unable to even see the fallacies in your statements, let alone question what you've been told.  Fact is, "NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer AND DIE from vaccines".  I can post pictures of what vaccines to do people, including babies, too.  See how that works?

I spoke on science not mysticism... yet you cannot even counter the facts given, just reactive emotive ranting.  Lost count of all the logical fallacies.

Sure, if you agree to stop your "PRO-VAX" parroting of propaganda and lies (which you just could NOT resist!).  See how that works?  You offered absolutely ZERO factual content or rebuttal, just opinions and parroting of what you've been told to believe -- complete anti-intellectualism -- and then bullyboy anyone who disagrees with you to "SHUT UP!" 

I brought this up in the first place because inevitably brainwashed people will panic and start demanding mandatory vaccinations and such because they have no clue about the issue, let alone anything about the related health and scientific issues behind it.  Fortunately more and more people are losing the fear and actually questioning and investigating for themselves.

You are proving to be quite the ass. Are vaccines perfect? Nope. Do you anyone who has polio? Probably not.

What to do if this half bandaided AHL team goes on a winning streak? 2 games until the deadline, and 10 points back of a playoff spot. 

I still hope we sell and out of doing so, get some young talent back who's been sheltered in a deep contending team and can play with the Canucks right away. Not so much selling, more moving of assets.

Eg. Tanev to TOR for Nylander

Eg. Edler + Hansen to PIT for Pouliot + retained cap (they have Maata on LTIR)

Eg. Burrows to MTL for 2nd or 3rd round pick

8 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Fallacy of assertion, prejudicial conjecture, and simple mindless thoughtless parroting of propaganda.  If you actually did research for yourself you'd at least have something to stand upon, rather than just bleating out the propaganda you've been fed all your life and believed because "authority" said so.  It's like you read it from a big pharma brochure -- how 'bout that "can of tuna"?

You simply assume vaccines work and make a blank baseless assertion, yet know nothing of the real history behind diseases and their eradication.  Go look up actual government statistics correlated with vaccine introduction and see for yourself.  You are so inculcated with presumptions you are unable to even see the fallacies in your statements, let alone question what you've been told.  Fact is, "NOBODY ever deserves to see their child suffer AND DIE from vaccines".  I can post pictures of what vaccines to do people, including babies, too.  See how that works?

I spoke on science not mysticism... yet you cannot even counter the facts given, just reactive emotive ranting.  Lost count of all the logical fallacies.

Sure, if you agree to stop your "PRO-VAX" parroting of propaganda and lies (which you just could NOT resist!).  See how that works?  You offered absolutely ZERO factual content or rebuttal, just opinions and parroting of what you've been told to believe -- complete anti-intellectualism -- and then bullyboy anyone who disagrees with you to "SHUT UP!" 

I brought this up in the first place because inevitably brainwashed people will panic and start demanding mandatory vaccinations and such because they have no clue about the issue, let alone anything about the related health and scientific issues behind it.  Fortunately more and more people are losing the fear and actually questioning and investigating for themselves.

Go look up "Herd Immunity", or "Free Riding"

image-01-large.jpg

As we get more and more anti-vaxxers, we're going to be putting more people with immune system compromises in danger. In addition, we're going to see more and more outbreaks of this, and other more serious problems.

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

My guess would be:

Sedin - Sedin - Hansen

Burrows - Horvat - Eriksson

Boucher - Sutter - Megna

LaBate - Gaunce - Skille

Grenier

Edler - Biega

Hutton - Larsen

Sbisa - McEneny

Subban

Miller

Markstrom

Take out Larsen and put in Subban,  I'm very looking forward to watching LaBate and McEneny play.

1 minute ago, Canadian said:

Go look up "Herd Immunity", or "Free Riding"

As we get more and more anti-vaxxers, we're going to be putting more people with immune system compromises in danger. In addition, we're going to see more and more outbreaks of this, and other more serious problems.

Fallacious invented concept, that they cannot even validate themselves.  If vaccines actually work, then you have nothing to worry about if you got them.  Problem is they do not work, and in fact weaken and compromise immune systems.  That is borne out plainly that most people in any outbreaks have already been vaccinated.  Again -- people carry and resolve viruses all the time without even knowing.  It is when an immune system is sufficiently weakened that an antigen can gain hold and cause illness.

1 minute ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Take out Larsen and put in Subban, but I'm very looking forward to watching LaBate and McEneny play.

As much as I would like to see Subban play in his first NHL game, I don't see him playing in place of a player who has 145 games of NHL experience. And definitely not happening under Desjardins.

4 minutes ago, Green Building said:

You are proving to be quite the ass. Are vaccines perfect? Nope. Do you anyone who has polio? Probably not.

My Dad got polio at age 28 in 1950.  His legs and abdominal muscles were paralyzed and he spent 3 years rehabilitating at Shaughnessy Veterans Hospital in Vancouver (he was a Canadian Second World War veteran).  He missed the vaccination program by 3 years.  Polio is now almost eradicated because of the polio vaccination.  I work in the public health field.  The upside to vaccinations far outweigh the adverse effects.  I've known quite a few people who got polio in the 1950s.  Generally, the older you got it, the more severe the symptoms.

Archived