The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Trading Has Started, Values Being Set, Should The Canucks Start Making Moves Now?

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I'm really excited about what we get back for these older players too.  Are we just setting ourselves up for a big let down again?

I am afraid that Benning etal are too old school, you build the team in the off season and then just tweek a tiny bit later only if necessary and it isn't necessary for the Canucks. Henrik wants Kelowna Rockets:lol: he probably owns them. 

33 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

I am afraid that Benning etal are too old school, you build the team in the off season and then just tweek a tiny bit later only if necessary and it isn't necessary for the Canucks. Henrik wants Kelowna Rockets:lol: he probably owns them. 

That's what I don't really get.  For sure if you want to build in the off-season and then let them bond and play together while only tweaking as necessary it leads to more chemistry in the locker room and on the ice, but is management rather lacking in the business side of things when it comes to UFA's?  If they know that the player (e.g. Hammer and Vrbata last year) likely won't be back (either because you have a younger guy to fill his role or if they're a pending UFA that you're struggling to re-sign), why not just move them to get something instead of having them go down with the ship and then walking for nothing?  I just hope that it won't be the case with Burr and Miller this year, and it'd suck to see someone like Baertschi get plucked by Vegas if the team is so blind to protect Hansen instead of reading the market and moving Honey Badger at this deadline.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

When trades are close, players are ABSOLUTELY sat out, just to be certain no injury could happen.  I doubt even one poster here would deny that has happened.  

This is one that, yes, has been seen many times over the years. Sometimes, though, I think the players are held out, because of the trade being so close that you need the player to NOT be actively playing for you. But, yeah, watch the lineups over the next couple of games. If some of the trade names are of the sudden not in the lineup, I'd be willing to bet that a trade is eminent, like in the next hour or so.

2 minutes ago, Father Ryan said:

This is one that, yes, has been seen many times over the years. Sometimes, though, I think the players are held out, because of the trade being so close that you need the player to NOT be actively playing for you. But, yeah, watch the lineups over the next couple of games. If some of the trade names are of the sudden not in the lineup, I'd be willing to bet that a trade is eminent, like in the next hour or so.

Alf tingles with utter excitement!  This is too much fun!  ... Damn it!  I think the tingling is another rash!  :sadno:

3 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Okay I tried starting a conversation about starting to trade earlier than last year a few days ago, evidently it was in the wrong forum and was blocked and grouped together with a deal done that day.

Now I don't want to be banned again so hopefully  this is okay this time, but it won't be about specific players just about Benning and the Canucks getting started before the TD.

Ahhh, Mr. Benning, it looks like they are starting to trade already. Can you come back from your vacation (this was 4 days ago) please.

There are many advantages to being in the front of the line, being the leader instead of the follower or not missing out because it was tried/started at the last minute.

As expected, the Canucks are a few points out of a playoff spot with 3 or 4 teams competing for the last wild card spot, several defence men have already been moved and a forward very similar to Hansen.

It appears the expansion draft is not playing as big a role as some thought it might.

Recent news of Benning approaching all the clause holders about being moved is promising, Eriksson is unmoveable because of the massive signing bonuses each year, so he is one that they truly say, "we couldn't find a buyer" so that excuse is already used up, management will not say which player this statement would be attributed to as the player would still be on the team, so they have covered themselves to get not much done now.

Compound that statement with an out break of the mumps and it looks like it could very well be an easy week for Benning etal, no other teams interested because they don't want to take a chance of getting ill.

Draft picks are being dealt out in just about every deal done so far.

So should the fans expect another epic disappointment? Or should they hope for a grand slam? How about just something done?

9 points.....................

3 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Sentences, maybe.

Nah, I only made it to "Now I don't want to get banned again".. too funny.

Poor dude, one of those guys that just doesn't get it and cannot catch a break. I am a horrible person for finding so much pleasure in his sadness, I get that but - hahaha!

His topics are excruciating most of the time, but the fact that the mods have been suspending him made me laugh. In fact, I giggled whilst writing this entire post.

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Maybe JB is still looking at the Avs?  Hutton + Virtanen for Landeskog?

No matter how much I'd love Landy here, I only have two words when "trade Jake" comes up. Those two words- Cam Neeley.

Don't give up on young powerforwards. Keep him until at least age 23 or stage 2 rehab.

1 hour ago, Earlcampbell34 said:

I think Benning is trying to make a larger trade. The team needs offence and we have extra d. There are teams that are up against the cap and have a number of RFA's to sign, like TBL. 

A trade to TB

Hutton,Hansen,Markstrum,Subban

for 

Drouin, 5th, B prospect 

seems plausible 

For some reason I think you are right. I truly believe that Hutton is being shopped and that that is how JB is trying to acquire a top 6 F. 

As for that proposed trade I don't think Tampa does that at all Drouin is a beast and I feel they would rather let Johnson walk before Drouin

It's just a feelling i have and whether or not it comes to fruition remains to be seen. I for one am all for it.

27 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Nah, I only made it to "Now I don't want to get banned again".. too funny.

Poor dude, one of those guys that just doesn't get it and cannot catch a break. I am a horrible person for finding so much pleasure in his sadness, I get that but - hahaha!

His topics are excruciating most of the time, but the fact that the mods have been suspending him made me laugh. In fact, I giggled whilst writing this entire post.

You're a better man than me. most of the time I only make it to his avatar on the "new topic" section, give it a few hours or days, then cruise in to check the damage. If there were cakes given out for garbage threads I can think of someone who'd have diabetes by now.

14 minutes ago, Green Building said:

You're a better man than me. most of the time I only make it to his avatar on the "new topic" section, give it a few hours or days, then cruise in to check the damage. If there were cakes given out for garbage threads I can think of someone who'd have diabetes by now.

Apparently, that's what killed desi

So they stopped giving cakes

Archived