The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Trading Has Started, Values Being Set, Should The Canucks Start Making Moves Now?

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Considering JB passed him by twice, and JB worked as the guy responsible for the draft (previous to the draft) for the team that drafted him, I'm wondering if JB made a gentleman's agreement to not take Pastrnak.  

ZomboMeme 25022017182659.jpg

I mean it's pretty common knowledge that this draft is really bad, so unfortunately this is another case of everything being done a year too late. Honestly, is anyone sold on Makrstrom being able to carry the load or Demko being ready? I'd bring Miller back next year at a much lower price tag. He has zero leverage now, he wants to be close to LA and the Bishop deal just made this his only option. Hansen shouldn't be traded right now unless someone is giving up a bonafide young prospect. I've heard Hutton's name thrown around, he's had a tough year and his value is way lower than last year. Doesn't make sense to trade him at this value. I wouldn't trade him anyways unless it's in a package for something electrifying. And I do not mean Evander Kane.

Cap should be our number 1 concern. We should be more concerned with how we get rid of the players that are nowhere near earning their albatross contracts. The fact that a team this bad ever has to worry about the cap is pretty damn concerning. With a very poor draft class, this is the time to address that cap. Make a deal with anyone for Sutter that's willing to give up anything remotely interesting. And as much as it pains me to say it, trade Burr tomorrow. I'm actually not worried about Louie, but his tag is a little steep so if we got an offer that made sense I'd do it.

One of the very interesting aspects of an expansion team is you can actually make deals with them to not take your players, or take a player you want them take. It would be prudent if we made a deal with them to take Sbisa when it's our turn to get poached. Obviously this would happen a little closer to summer.

41 minutes ago, FlyLow_ said:

Cap should be our number 1 concern. We should be more concerned with how we get rid of the players that are nowhere near earning their albatross contracts. The fact that a team this bad ever has to worry about the cap is pretty damn concerning. With a very poor draft class, this is the time to address that cap. Make a deal with anyone for Sutter that's willing to give up anything remotely interesting. And as much as it pains me to say it, trade Burr tomorrow. I'm actually not worried about Louie, but his tag is a little steep so if we got an offer that made sense I'd do it.

Do you think the "Fire Management" chants will start on March 1?

Archived